Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cumulus Dropping Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity: Report

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/29/cumulus-dropping-rush-limbaugh-sean-hannity_n_3669647.html?utm_hp_ref=daily-brief?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=072913&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NewsEntry

"Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are set to be dropped from the second-biggest radio network in the country, Politico reported Sunday night.

Cumulus, which runs about 40 stations across the country, is prepared to part ways with the broadcasters over the high cost of distributing their shows, the report said. Limbaugh and Hannity--who are the top two most highly-rated talk show hosts in America--are syndicated by Premiere, which is owned by Cumulus rival Clear Channel. If the plan comes to fruition, it would mark the culmination of a series of escalating skirmishes between the company and the broadcasters--especially Limbaugh.

In May, the New York Daily News reported that Limbaugh was set to leave Cumulus himself, after CEO Lew Dickey repeatedly accused him of contributing to the company's financial losses due to his incendiary remarks about Sandra Fluke. Dickey stuck to this line in an earnings call days later, saying that the "facts [were] indisputable." A Cumulus executive told the Radio Ink website that the vast majority of the country's top network advertisers had orders to exclude Limbaugh and Hannity from their ad buys. (Premiere heatedly disputed this.) Taken together, a portrait emerges of a company signalling that it fears no major financial impact if it were to cut its ties with the two men..."

Who cares about these shrieking heads?

VectorMan

VectorMan

Now they'll be on more stations and in bigger markets. It's called growth.

Don't worry FloridaToxin, they'll still be there to rattle your cage.

Sal

Sal

While hate speech will always find an audience, it does bring a smile to my face to witness the waning influence of the angry white man in American politics.

knothead

knothead

Their popularity, although waning, is still a phenomena I do not understand!
They are laughing all the way to the bank I suppose . . . . . . . whatever!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

VectorMan wrote:Now they'll be on more stations and in bigger markets. It's called growth.

I don't listen to either one of them, Veggiebrain. They're losing their sponsors because of public pressure...about time.

VectorMan

VectorMan

Floridatexan wrote:
VectorMan wrote:Now they'll be on more stations and in bigger markets. It's called growth.

I don't listen to either one of them, Veggiebrain.  They're losing their sponsors because of public pressure...about time.

LOL. You don't have to actively "listen" to either one of them. Your liberal sources spoon feed you their content with whatever spin they've decided to add.

Rattle, rattle, loony toon! LOL

Sal wrote:While hate speech will always find an audience, it does bring a smile to my face to witness the waning influence of the angry white man in American politics.

Like the 'hate' speech in the Zimmerman trial/verdict?...You're correct Jesse...Al....cowh...Congressional Black Caucas...Black Panthers..Eric Holder.....many in the media and Hollyweird should all be ashamed of the 'hate' speech that they've leveled at Mr Zimmerman...

VectorMan

VectorMan

Libtalker Thom Hartmann Claims 'Flush Rush' Backfired

Remember the 'Flush Rush' boycott attempted by David Brock and Media Matters which called for advertisers to drop their sponsorships of Rush Limbaugh's radio show? How did that work out in the long run? According to liberal radio talk host Thom Hartmann on CNN's Reliable Sources yesterday it completely backfired because it ended up hurting liberal shows:

David Brock and Media Matters were leading the boycott Limbaugh crusade, which did presumably some damage to the Limbaugh show. I can tell you it did a lot of damage to progressive talk radio, because a lot of advertisers right across the board said just pull me out of all talk radio.
Oops!

As to the long run effect of such boycotts, Talkers Magazine editor Michael Harrison said talk radio is now doing just fine:

It hurt all of talk radio because it made sponsors wary of being in anything controversial, but there has been almost a complete recovery and the future is very bright.
The most surprising thing about the interview was the high professional praise that Hartmann gave to Rush Limbaugh

He's a brilliant and talented guy. He does radio really, really well.
Uh-oh, Thom. Your praise of Rush might cause blood vessels to burst in David Brock and many of your liberal listeners.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2013/08/05/libtalker-thom-hartmann-claims-flush-rush-backfired#ixzz2b7uZb3zj

LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum