Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ES. deputies shoot man in his front yard

+6
Captn Kaoz
gulfbeachbandit
Floridatexan
Ghost Rider
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130728/NEWS11/307280027/Deputies-shoot-man-in-his-front-yard

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

He just won the trigger happy litigation lottery and good for him. I hope he makes a full recovery....what's up with cops now days ?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I agree that he's fully justified to sue for as much money as his lawyer can get for him and if I was him I would be doing that too.

But let's be clear about one thing.

The large judgement which will be awarded to him is not going to be paid by this  sheriff's deputy.  Or the sheriff.  Or the Sheriff's Department or the Escambia County Commissioners or the Escambia County government.

Every taxpaying citizen of Escambia County will be paying that judgement in the form of liability insurance premiums which are funded with the taxes we pay.

Last edited by Bob on 7/29/2013, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Maybe the Four Star High Sheriff ought to quit playing politics with the jail house and pay attention to what his Deputies are doing. Training anyone? From what I understand it's pretty rare that he even lowers himself enough to talk to his deputies - unless there is a television camera in close proximity. He probably feels nervous about failing to become a sworn officer like he "promised".

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I agree that he's fully justified to sue for as much money as his lawyer can get for him and if I was him I would be doing that too.

No sheriff's deputy or sargeant or lieutenant or the sheriff himself or any county commissioner is going to pay a dime of the large judgement which will be awarded to this person.  
Every taxpaying citizen of Escambia County will be paying that judgement in the form of liability insurance premiums which are funded with the taxes we pay.

That's true and these lousy shots probably won't lose their jobs. He may under some technicality be able to sue them directly and if it was me I would use whatever I got from the depts insurance to pursue that end and put them into abject poverty.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is why you don't want a nation full of Zimmerman's running around armed.
If a trained professional law enforcement officer can make a mistake like this then an armed amateur Zimmerman is even more likely to make one.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:This is why you don't want a nation full of Zimmerman's running around armed.
If a trained professional law enforcement officer can make a mistake like this then an armed amateur Zimmerman is even more likely to make one.

I disagree we already have a lot of gun toting Zs around and this happens very seldom. I don't have insurance IF I had done this I would be in jail for a long time because I don't have that cool blue uniform insulation and also he could sue me directly and clean me out.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Notice that the newspaper is not identifying the shooter. I assume that's because the sheriff's department has not provided them the identity.

That's a crock of bullshit. That fucking sheriff's department belongs to US.
Not to the fucking cops who work there and that includes the fucking sheriff.
And we have every right to know who that shooter is goddamnit.
So if that monkey sheriff doesn't reveal that name goddamn quick, I will go door to door during the next election and do my part to see that he's sent back to wherever the fuck he came from.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Notice that the newspaper is not identifying the shooter.  I assume that's because the sheriff's department has not provided them the identity.

That's a crock of bullshit.  That fucking sheriff's department belongs to US.
Not to the fucking cops who work there and that includes the fucking sheriff.
And we have every right to know who that shooter is goddamnit.
So if that monkey sheriff doesn't reveal that name goddamn quick,  I will go door to door during the next election and do my part to see that he's sent back to wherever the fuck he came from.

It's for their protection Bob where have you been . That is why they are so damned trigger happy. They are told their safety comes before all things. They shoot first and let the lawyers clean up the mess.

Can you imagine if their aim was good where that man would be now? Those officer's need to be fired. They are a huge liability.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:Can you imagine if their aim was good where that man would be now? Those officer's need to be fired. They are a huge liability.

Yes I agree but firing them might discourage all the rest of the force and we can't have that "band of brothers" getting discouraged now can we ?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:Can you imagine if their aim was good where that man would be now? Those officer's need to be fired. They are a huge liability.

Which is precisely why they need to be identified to the public right now.
We don't even know if these cops were black or white.

nochain wrote:Maybe the Four Star High Sheriff ought to quit playing politics with the jail house and pay attention to what his Deputies are doing. Training anyone? From what I understand it's pretty rare that he even lowers himself enough to talk to his deputies - unless there is a television camera in close proximity. He probably feels nervous about failing to become a sworn officer like he "promised".

cheers cheers cheers .....The PNJ says Morgan is 'unfit' to run the jail...well if he's unfit to run the jail then perhaps the Office of the Sheriff is too large for him also...Correct he did promise to get his Florida Standards but has not...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That story teo posted was published two days ago.

I did a pnj search for "deputies shoot man".

As you can see from this,  there is still only the one two day old story.
No follow-up and no identification of the deputies.
Nothing but a goddamn sheriff's department cover-up.

http://search.pensacolanewsjournal.com/sp?aff=1100&skin=&keywords=deputies%20shoot%20man

And as you can also see on that page,  the numerous stories of the "man shoots deputy" incident all identify the shooter.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:That story teo posted was published two days ago.

http://search.pensacolanewsjournal.com/sp?aff=1100&skin=&keywords=deputies%20shoot%20man

And as you can also see on that page,  the numerous stories of the "man shoots deputy" incident all identify the shooter.

Dreams posted ...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office, in a written statement, said no further information will be released this weekend."

http://www.northescambia.com/2013/07/shooting-involving-two-deputies-injures-one-suspect

And then two bloggers commenting on that page ask good questions. What a worthless excuse we have for a local "news media".

billybob on July 29th, 2013 6:54 am

Why does the media not just get a copy of the 911 tapes. They are public record.

Confused on July 28th, 2013 5:18 pm

“At 2:42 a.m., deputies responded to an address in the 200 block of Shadow Lawn Lane of West Navy Boulevard in reference to a possible vehicle burglary.”

“Neighbors said deputies had followed the man home perhaps thinking the car was stolen, but the car belonged to the victim’s mother and he had permission to drive it.”

Is anyone else not confused about the story as it was reported? Were deputies responding to a possible vehicle burglary? Or were they following him home thinking the car was stolen? They could not have done both. And if they did follow him home thinking the car may have been stolen, why wouldn’t they just run the license plate?? Doesn’t add up.

Bob wrote:That story teo posted was published two days ago.

The last time the sheriff had a tantrum towards the media (pnj)...he stomped his feet and told them that he (his office) would provide no follow-up information over the weekend times...The pnj covered something unfavorable and this is another ego driven...humdinger of a hissy fit by the arrogant sheriff...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's another blogger comment on that northescambia.com story...

avalon on July 27th, 2013 7:49 pm

Glad LEOs are okay. Maybe suspect will learn from this, maybe?

That person can be one of only two things. A cop himself. Or a retard. lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:Here's another blogger comment on that northescambia.com story...

That person can be one of only two things.  A cop himself.  Or a retard.  lol

That's just the type the police state is cultivating..what a mouth breathing asshole.

There will be an FDLE investigation and they will determine the status as to whether it was a justifiable use of force...tend to trust those doing the investigation as to rushing to judgement on the word of the expert witnesses accounts in the fish wraper....

newswatcher wrote:

There will be an FDLE investigation and they will determine the status as to whether it was a justifiable use of force...tend to trust those doing the investigation as to rushing to judgement on the word of the expert witnesses accounts in the fish wraper....

You need to read Teo's byline:

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”

FDLE investigations rarely indict police officers, even after the most obvious errors in judgement. When they do, juries in this state almost never convict a cop of anything.
I'll take a civilian eyewitness account over the findings of the FDLE any day of the week.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Bob wrote:"The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office, in a written statement, said no further information will be released this weekend."

http://www.northescambia.com/2013/07/shooting-involving-two-deputies-injures-one-suspect

And then two bloggers commenting on that page ask good questions.  What a worthless excuse we have for a local "news media".

billybob on July 29th, 2013 6:54 am

Why does the media not just get a copy of the 911 tapes. They are public record.

Confused on July 28th, 2013 5:18 pm

“At 2:42 a.m., deputies responded to an address in the 200 block of Shadow Lawn Lane of West Navy Boulevard in reference to a possible vehicle burglary.”

“Neighbors said deputies had followed the man home perhaps thinking the car was stolen, but the car belonged to the victim’s mother and he had permission to drive it.”

Is anyone else not confused about the story as it was reported? Were deputies responding to a possible vehicle burglary? Or were they following him home thinking the car was stolen? They could not have done both. And if they did follow him home thinking the car may have been stolen, why wouldn’t they just run the license plate?? Doesn’t add up.

you are putting entirely to much faith in the media.

Last edited by The Hill on 7/29/2013, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:I agree that he's fully justified to sue for as much money as his lawyer can get for him and if I was him I would be doing that too.

The large judgement which will be awarded to him is not going to be paid by this  sheriff's deputy.  Or the sheriff.  Or the Sheriff's Department or the Escambia County Commissioners or the Escambia County government.

Oh...I'm so sorry, Bob. Shot in his DRIVEWAY? He deserves every penny. I remember a few years ago, when I was working for an elderly couple in my neighborhood. I was on the porch shaking out a rug when a white van pulled up on the street right in front of the house. The people got out in a hurry and ran across the lawn between the houses...I knew the van had been involved in a b&e and robbery. But when the cop looked at me, he also pointed his GUN at me. I pointed toward where the people had gone...split second and I could have been shot by some dumbass cop.

And now these deputies are on PAID administrative leave? Unbelievable.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bluemoon wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

You need to read Teo's byline:

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”

FDLE investigations rarely indict police officers, even after the most obvious errors in judgement. When they do, juries in this state almost never convict a cop of anything.
I'll take a civilian eyewitness account over the findings of the FDLE any day of the week.

And I've also been excused from jury duty after answering in the negative this question, "If the police are the only witnesses to a drug offense, would you take the word of the police?" Hell, no.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I don't see why they had to shoot the lady's car. Was that really necessary? Do you have any idea how hard it is to fix a bullet hole in a car?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum