Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob's quick and easy as pie recipe for delicious stuffed shrimp

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ingredients:

A pound of shrimp
A bag of Paulines crabmeat stuffing (sold frozen at Joe Pattis).  
Outdoor Gourmet "gulf fish and shrimp seasoning" sold at Academy
parmesan cheese
melted butter

Preparation:

De-vein and de-scale the shrimp.  Or buy it already done (like I do).
You can leave the tails on but I prefer to have those off too.

Butterfly the shrimp.   If you don't know what that means,  it means taking a knife and slicing the shrimp down the center but not all the way through.  You then unfold the shrimp and take a large flat utensil (like a wide butcher knife) and pound it a couple of times to make the shrimp look flat.

Now sprinkle the Outdoor Gourmet seasoning on top of the shrimp.

Now you take the thawed crabmeat stuffing and roll it into a ball in your hands and place it on the top of each shrimp and shape it to fit the outline of the shrimp.

Then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the stuffing.  And finally take melted butter and sprinkle that on top of the whole shebang.

Put in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

A pound of shrimp makes enough stuffed shrimp for about 4 people when you accompany it with salad and potato.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Awesome Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thanks, Joani

By the way, there's a youtube which has Emeril Lagasse talking about the eats he loves most. And the thing he talks about is his grandmother's stuffed shrimp. God almighty how I would like to have been able to sample that. lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

When we were kids my dad took us crabbing all the time. We had a #2 washtub we pulled to put the crabs in. Dad walked with the lantern and pointed the blue crabs out and we chased them with our crab nets. We would walk from the boat ramp at Quiet Water beach down to the Pier and back. Blue crabs were plentiful...the tub would be filled. We cleaned the crabs and went home. 1 to 2 hours total.....that was our fast food.

Mom was a great cook so we always had steamed crabs, deviled crabs, crab stuffed flounder, and crab in our seafood gumbo. I miss it!

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:Ingredients:

A pound of shrimp
parmesan cheese
melted butter

Preparation:

Butterfly the shrimp.   If you don't know what that means,  it means taking a knife and slicing the shrimp down the center but not all the way through.  You then unfold the shrimp and take a large flat utensil (like a wide butcher knife) and pound it a couple of times to make the shrimp look flat.

Now you take the thawed crabmeat stuffing and roll it into a ball in your hands and place it on the top of each shrimp and shape it to fit the outline of the shrimp.

Then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of the stuffing.  And finally take melted butter and sprinkle that on top of the whole shebang.

A pound of shrimp makes enough stuffed shrimp for about 4 people when you accompany it with salad and potato.

This is what COULD happen in Bob's kitchen. The three guests are outside sitting around under the Neon Palm Tree drinking cold Yuenglings. Bob, ever the attentive host, takes three more Yuenglings out to the guests, telling them the stuffed shrimp are half cooked. He goes back into the kitchen and takes two shrimp out of the oven to see if they are seasoned just right. They seem okay, yum, yum, but he takes two more just to be on the safe side. Yum.Yum again. They seem good but need a little more butter. He brushes it on and samples another stuffed shrimp.Yum. Now he takes three more Yuenglings out to the guests. They are happily getting full of cold beer. He guzzling with them beer for beer. He goes back into the kitchen,. Goddamn do they smell good. He must sample again reasoning that it would be uncool to serve half cooked stuffed shrimp. Two more disappear.Yum and Yum. They seem perfect but to be positive Bob grabs two more. Yum.Yum. More beers for the crew. He tells them the stuffed shrimp will be right out. He sets out four plates and divides the stuffed shrimp. Every body gets ONE. He takes the plates out and give each guest their shrimp.
"Now y'all enjoy your stuffed shrimp appetizer.They are good but you're gonna love the main course." He gives everyone another Yuengling and races downtown to the TopBurger and orders eight of their finest Cheeseburgers at the great price of two for a dollar.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella

Yella

A pound of shrimp
parmesan cheese
melted butter

Preparation:

This is what COULD happen in Bob's kitchen. The three guests are outside sitting around under the Neon Palm Tree drinking cold Yuenglings. Bob, ever the attentive host, takes three more Yuenglings out to the guests, telling them the stuffed shrimp are half cooked. He goes back into the kitchen and takes two shrimp out of the oven to see if they are seasoned just right. They seem okay, yum, yum, but he takes two more just to be on the safe side. Yum.Yum again. They seem good but need a little more butter. He brushes it on and samples another stuffed shrimp.Yum. Now he takes three more Yuenglings out to the guests. They are happily getting full of cold beer. He guzzling with them beer for beer. He goes back into the kitchen,. Goddamn do they smell good. He must sample again reasoning that it would be uncool to serve half cooked stuffed shrimp. Two more disappear.Yum and Yum. They seem perfect but to be positive Bob grabs two more. Yum.Yum.  More beers for the crew. He tells them the stuffed shrimp will be right out. He sets out four plates and divides the stuffed shrimp. Every body gets ONE. He takes the plates out and give each guest their shrimp.
 "Now y'all enjoy your stuffed shrimp appetizer.They are good but you're gonna love the main course." He gives everyone another Yuengling and races downtown to the TopBurger and orders eight of their finest Cheeseburgers at the great price of two for three dollars.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yella, did you get my pm?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yella wrote:

A pound of shrimp
parmesan cheese
melted butter

Preparation:

This is what COULD happen in Bob's kitchen. The three guests are outside sitting around under the Neon Palm Tree drinking cold Yuenglings. Bob, ever the attentive host, takes three more Yuenglings out to the guests, telling them the stuffed shrimp are half cooked. He goes back into the kitchen and takes two shrimp out of the oven to see if they are seasoned just right. They seem okay, yum, yum, but he takes two more just to be on the safe side. Yum.Yum again. They seem good but need a little more butter. He brushes it on and samples another stuffed shrimp.Yum. Now he takes three more Yuenglings out to the guests. They are happily getting full of cold beer. He guzzling with them beer for beer. He goes back into the kitchen,. Goddamn do they smell good. He must sample again reasoning that it would be uncool to serve half cooked stuffed shrimp. Two more disappear.Yum and Yum. They seem perfect but to be positive Bob grabs two more. Yum.Yum.  More beers for the crew. He tells them the stuffed shrimp will be right out. He sets out four plates and divides the stuffed shrimp. Every body gets ONE. He takes the plates out and give each guest their shrimp.
 "Now y'all enjoy your stuffed shrimp appetizer.They are good but you're gonna love the main course." He gives everyone another Yuengling and races downtown to the TopBurger and orders eight of their finest Cheeseburgers at the great price of two for three dollars.
lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:When we were kids my dad took us crabbing all the time. We had a #2 washtub we pulled to put the crabs in. Dad walked with the lantern and pointed the blue crabs out and we chased them with our crab nets. We would walk from the boat ramp at Quiet Water beach down to the Pier and back. Blue crabs were plentiful...the tub would be filled. We cleaned the crabs and went home. 1 to 2 hours total.....that was our fast food.

Mom was a great cook so we always had steamed crabs, deviled crabs, crab stuffed flounder, and crab in our seafood gumbo.     I miss it!

I read this post this afternoon. And then I got distracted by other stuff. Came back to it about 8 hours later and read it again. This post is growing on me like few other things I've ever read on social media. Any of it.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Childhood memories are the best and the worst.....when you realize it can only be a memory.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here's the thing I probably remember most, Joani.
My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins were in Panama City which became an every other weekend for my family and my other cousin's family who lived here.
And whenever we stayed at Uncle Fred's in Lynn Haven, they would always go down and get a sack of oysters from the oystermen on the bay which was within walking distance. At that time Uncle Fred and Aunt Martha still kept a horse in Lynn Haven.
And Aunt Martha did with oysters what your mother did with those crabs. Like with you, it's something pretty special for me too.
But the best of all was shucking and eating those raw oysters straight out of a clean body of water.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:When we were kids my dad took us crabbing all the time. We had a #2 washtub we pulled to put the crabs in. Dad walked with the lantern and pointed the blue crabs out and we chased them with our crab nets. We would walk from the boat ramp at Quiet Water beach down to the Pier and back. Blue crabs were plentiful...the tub would be filled. We cleaned the crabs and went home. 1 to 2 hours total.....that was our fast food.

Mom was a great cook so we always had steamed crabs, deviled crabs, crab stuffed flounder, and crab in our seafood gumbo.     I miss it!

Good post. 

Question - are crabs as plentiful now as they were then. 

I remember going to the beach at night when I was a kid, and crabs would be everywhere. 

I don't see that anymore. 

I've been wondering if there're less crabs, or it's just my perception. 

@Joani...Be careful posting stuff like that or you will soon have to listen to everyone tell you how bad it really was.  I guess it was pretty bad not having Condos, Bars, and LEOs running up and down the beach. Cast nets, crab nets, floundering lights powered by a battery in a wash tub, Gigs, small gill nets, are all almost a thing of the past.

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 7/25/2013, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:Here's the thing I probably remember most,  Joani.
My grandparents,  aunts,  uncles,  cousins were in Panama City which became an every other weekend for my family and my other cousin's family who lived here.
And whenever we stayed at Uncle Fred's in Lynn Haven,  they would always go down and get a sack of oysters from the oystermen on the bay which was within walking distance.  At that time Uncle Fred and Aunt Martha still kept a horse in Lynn Haven.  
And Aunt Martha did with oysters what your mother did with those crabs.  Like with you,  it's something pretty special for me too.  
But the best of all was shucking and eating those raw oysters straight out of a clean body of water.

Of course being Catholic Friday's were the best...always fresh seafood. I could not and still cannot eat raw oysters. Baked and fried are great....not raw.

Dad fished for mullet and I cleaned them on the dock. After I cleaned them dad got his black box with all his supplies and we cooked the mullet on the dock and ate them with a can of pork and beans and sliced white bread. .... I finally learned to throw a net and dad was tickled to death...I hauled in a net full of silver mullet at the old Coast Guard pier. I was 8 mos. pregnant.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

"Now y'all enjoy your stuffed shrimp appetizer.They are good but you're gonna love the main course." He gives everyone another Yuengling and races downtown to the TopBurger and orders eight of their finest Cheeseburgers at the great price of two for a dollar.

Never has the truth ever been told about somebody in such a good way as with this post. Only a friend as good as you would give a shit enough to want to write that and those kinds of friends are as rare as spouses. And only the good spouses at that. lol

And in case anyone doubts the truth in that, my last dinner party (on Tuesday) proves it. It happened almost exactly as yella tells the story. Complete with the Italian toast to go with my spaghetti that got so burnt so bad that it set off the smoke alarm in the kitchen. And I distracted them with the Yuenglings too. And then told them it was the latest rage in New Orleans to have blackened bread. lol

Sal

Sal

Raw oysters are the BEST. 

About twenty years ago, I visited my brother in W Palm. We went to an oyster bar and ate about six dozen while drinking almost as many beers. I remember distinctly him eating one and saying, "that one tasted kinda funky". My gawd, I have never seen anyone so sick for 24 hours. That turned me off of raw oysters ..

... For almost a week. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:

Of course being Catholic Friday's were the best...always fresh seafood. I could not and still cannot eat raw oysters. Baked and fried are great....not raw.

Dad fished for mullet and I cleaned them on the dock. After I cleaned them dad got his black box with all his supplies and we cooked the mullet on the dock and ate them with a can of pork and beans and sliced white bread. .... I finally learned to throw a net and dad was tickled to death...I hauled in a net full of silver mullet at the old Coast Guard pier. I was 8 mos. pregnant.

You need to try your hand at a book. Combine what you're talking about now with a cookbook. With the emphasis on your ability to communicate your youth and what your surroundings were and what your loved ones were.
So far you're doing it as good as anyone who's gotten published.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:

Good post. 

Question - are crabs as plentiful now as they were then.  Absolutely Not...they are rarely seen.

I remember going to the beach at night when I was a kid, and crabs would be everywhere. 

We would crab Grand Lagoon and fill up several croaker sacks full...they just aren't there.... I guess the waters have been over-fish or God forbid polluted.

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Sal wrote:

Good post. 

Question - are crabs as plentiful now as they were then.   Absolutely Not...they are rarely seen.

We would crab Grand Lagoon and fill up several croaker sacks full...they just aren't there.... I guess the waters have been over-fish or God forbid polluted.

That's how I remember it. 

People would dig pits in the sand and build big fires on the beach. 

The pits would fill up with crabs, and they'd cook 'em on the fire. 

Good times. 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

You need to try your hand at a book.  Combine what you're talking about now with a cookbook.  With the emphasis on your ability to communicate your youth and what your surroundings were and what your loved ones were.  
So far you're doing it as good as anyone who's gotten published.

You are very kind.

My kids want me to do a cookbook...my youngest gets aggravated when I can not give her an exact measurement....she hates it when I say "just add some butter, maybe a little milk, and stir until it looks right."   LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Mr Ichi wrote:Bob's quick and easy as pie recipe for delicious stuffed shrimp 334j62p

Good god. That image sums up a part of my life. Seafood and alcohol and that woman's body part are about as key to it as anything.
And don't take arms for granted as body parts. Not if you're me. I have a real fetish for arms. The human arm can be one of the sexiest turn ons of all. If anyone doesn't understand that then don't try to convince me it makes me weird cause I already know that. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wait a minute I get it. It's all a phallic symbol.
Bullshit. That's not what I got out of it first. And I should have been the first to do that. lol

Sal

Sal

Damn straight. 

Measuring ingredients is for people who don't know how to cook. 

lol

Busted!!! Damn it..... Now I can go the beach on Memorial day. Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum