Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Z I bet you will enjoy reading this....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2013/07/david-johns/dont-thank-me-for-my-service/

My motivations to join the military in the ‘50s (during the Korean War) were…. (not necessarily in this order) (1) To escape my marginal performance and lack of interest in college; (2) To escape parental scrutiny at home; (3) To get a free tour of the world on the government’s dime; (4) To be a hotshot jet pilot and swagger a lot, (5) To fly helicopters too but better than anyone else; (6) To drink enormous quantities of booze; seldom stagger; rarely fall and never puke; (7) To display carnal intent toward any female encountered no matter how ugly, and (Cool To have as much fun doing all this as was humanly possible. Lofty goals for a young man you must admit, but I can immodestly say that I realized almost all of these through shear dedication and dogged pursuit. I fancied myself a disciple of my film idol of the late ‘40s, John Derek, who delivered the famous movie line “Live fast, die young, and have a good looking’ corpse” However, debauchery was my prime motivator … not self-immolation or self-sacrifice.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum