Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A wasted day

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A wasted day Empty A wasted day 7/19/2013, 8:03 pm

Its me...... Hallmark.....

I had a very interesting day. I talked for over 5 hours with another native Pensacolian. He was born in 1942, same as me. He is a Army Veteran, Just like me. We both took Basic training at the same Army Post at the same time of the year, almost to the Month.. He has Glaucoma and only has vision in one eye, like me, my right eye his left eye.....We know many of the same people and places. We talked for hours about places and things and past events that only a few people remember. Bars, restaurants, football players, pool halls Downtown and how much fun we used to have on Palafox, B st and even Main street. . He was a paper boy, so was I. We bought a paper to see if we could pass the "Fold a newspaper into a 5 pointed star" test. We both passed. He remembered the Steam engine being placed on Garden street. The San Carlos, the Temlock Bar, Western Auto, Auto Elec, and on and on...

What a guy, almost just like me................Except I am White and he is Black..

We never spoke of Zimmerman.
He invited me to his church. I should have invited him to the forum.
A wasted day

2A wasted day Empty Re: A wasted day 7/19/2013, 8:07 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hallmark...awesome. Glad you had a great day with a new friend.

3A wasted day Empty Re: A wasted day 7/19/2013, 8:15 pm

That's really cool... doesn't sound like a wasted day to me... a wasted day starts with beer and corn flakes... lol.

4A wasted day Empty Re: A wasted day 7/19/2013, 8:15 pm

2seaoat

I wish I could have a few wasted days like that........you appreciate the small things, and sharing memories with old friends.....priceless.

5A wasted day Empty Re: A wasted day 7/19/2013, 8:16 pm

Watcher

Watcher

Mr Ichi wrote:Its me...... Hallmark.....

I had a very interesting day. I talked for over 5 hours with another native Pensacolian. He was born in 1942, same as me. He is a Army Veteran, Just like me. We both took Basic training at the same Army Post at the same time of the year, almost to the Month.. He has Glaucoma and only has vision in one eye, like me, my right eye his left eye.....We know many of the same people and places. We talked for hours about places and things and past events that only a few people remember. Bars, restaurants, football players, pool halls Downtown and how much fun we used to have on Palafox, B st and even Main street. . He was a paper boy, so was I. We bought a paper to see if we could pass the "Fold a newspaper into a 5 pointed star" test. We both passed. He remembered the Steam engine being placed on Garden street. The San Carlos, the Temlock Bar, Western Auto, Auto Elec, and on and on...

What a guy, almost just like me................Except I am White and he is Black..

We never spoke of Zimmerman.
He invited me to his church.  I should have invited him to the forum.
A wasted day

Sounds like it was a good day.
It's probably good he didn't join this forum. The racists here are rabid.

6A wasted day Empty Re: A wasted day 7/19/2013, 9:38 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sounds like a well spent, very nice day.

7A wasted day Empty Re: A wasted day 7/19/2013, 10:14 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Hey Hallmark wow what a great day... I rode my littlest motorcycle down to tastee freeze...Not near as good as you. Although it is nice when a SUV gets on your rear end and drafts you for a few miles.

8A wasted day Empty Re: A wasted day 7/19/2013, 10:33 pm

2seaoat

it is nice when a SUV gets on your rear end and drafts you for a few miles.

That fourth banana split at Tastee freeze had him mistaking you for a semi.

9A wasted day Empty Re: A wasted day 7/19/2013, 10:34 pm

I went to the VA over in Biloxi today. All ways a bitter sweet deal. I got a good report and I think they do a great job, I met the guy from Pensacola and we talked the rest of the day. 2 old men who lived at the same time. I did not Apologize or say I wished things could have been different in the past. . He Knew. I knew. We both know how it was. ............Then as we were leaving a very attractive young girl in a wheel chair said. "You guys have a good day" as we caught the door for her............ I noticed under her blanket that covered her lap, she had lost both legs just below the knees. ...................................................................................

10A wasted day Empty Re: A wasted day 7/19/2013, 11:13 pm

Who is Mr Ichi?  My Favorite actor.  He plays the "Blind samurai"
Check out this short clip  sub titled ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum