Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Racheal Jeantel gets offered full college scholarship

+9
boards of FL
nadalfan
Ghost Rider
Nekochan
Markle
Hospital Bob
Joanimaroni
Lisa12
Floridatexan
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Someone offered her a full scholarship after high school. It was reported tonight on Anderson Copper. Jesus F. Christ! I'm done.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

What does it matter to you whether she improves her life or not? I think you're in the wrong job. You have no empathy whatsoever.

Lisa12

Dreamsglore wrote:Someone offered her a full scholarship after high school. It was reported tonight on Anderson Copper. Jesus F. Christ! I'm done.

That was my first thought!!

Floridatexan wrote:
What does it matter to you whether she improves her life or not?  I think you're in the wrong job.  You have no empathy whatsoever.

Why would I have empathy? What is the point of offering her a scholarship? Because she was a witness in a murder trial?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
What does it matter to you whether she improves her life or not?  I think you're in the wrong job.  You have no empathy whatsoever.

Why would I have empathy? What is the point of offering her a scholarship? Because she was a witness in a murder trial?

Maybe whoever it was thought she was brave for standing up for her friend.

What? She didn't have a choice. She certainly didn't want to be there.

Lisa12 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Someone offered her a full scholarship after high school. It was reported tonight on Anderson Copper. Jesus F. Christ! I'm done.

Maybe because she's the first person EVER to hear the grass?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Lisa12 wrote:

lol! 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

During the time General Sarnoff ran RCA (who owned NBC),  there was a gentlemen's agreement that RCA would not interfere in the content of it's news organization at NBC and neither would the heads of NBC's entertainment division.  And the agreement was honored.

Some say the demise of the tv news started happening at the time NBC merged with Universal.  By then the broadcast tv networks had started getting competition.  And where the news divisions had never been profitable and were seen for decades as only public service arms of these corporations,  the new competitors were making profits off news.
When the suits at NBC Universal saw the competition actually making money with news,  they decided to do the same.  So they chose to combine the NBC News with NBC's entertainment division.  This resulted in many of the same producers who'd been producing entertainment programming now in charge of producing news programming.
So the content of the news programming began to have characteristics of the entertainment product.
This new product did indeed boost the ratings and made news more profitable.
The other broadcast networks (CBS and ABC) got wind of this and they too began to emulate what NBC had done.
Over time,  the influence of the entertainment divisions became more prominent in the news programming.

So that's how it all began.

The lastest evolution of this is now even effecting our justice system.
Do you think it's just a coincidence that this trial had a hollywood'esqe caliber video which reenacted the crime complete with synchronization of the phone call audio and a brilliant performer doing the play by play?
Do you think it's just a coincidence that what used to be "headline news" has now become Court Reality TV?  And the Court Reality TV has taken over the whole damn schedule?  And the talking heads on there are straight out of hollywood central casting?  And now they even have real lawyers in central casting.
And it's not just the media which is being impacted by this because it's a two-way street and so is the justice system.   The lawyers and judges are going through the revolving door of media and the justice system just like those bloodsuckers in Washington are going through the revolving door of elected office and lobbyist firms.
Anyway sorry for the speech, but back to the point of the thread. It's not hard to understand why they want to put this poor girl on the tube.
P.T. Barnum put oddities in his museum too. And if you check I'll bet his main freak, Tom Thumb, probably got a scholarship too.

Bob Dylan said it best.  The times they is a changin.

Last edited by Bob on 7/16/2013, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Floridatexan wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Maybe whoever it was thought she was brave for standing up for her friend.

Wouldn't it be closer to social justice to give 100 losers one credit each?

Floridatexan wrote:

She won't get past the "rocks for jocks class"

Yes, the times are changing. We've moved into the theater of the absurd when it is politically correct to excuse the violent beating of another human being by assumptions of racial profiling and noncriminal acts. It is ok because a black person felt threatened and that was a justifiable recourse. This whole situation and all this rioting has begun to piss me off to no end. I have been called a racist and a bitch and told "fuck you" because I don't think that's acceptable in any venue? Well,this is what I got to say to Fltexan, Sal and Seaoat and anybody else that thinks it's ok to beat the shit out of somebody because you feel profiled. FU and the horse you rode in on!

Dreamsglore wrote:Yes, the times are changing. We've moved into the theater of the absurd when it is politically correct to excuse the violent beating of another human being by assumptions of racial profiling and noncriminal acts. It is ok because a black person felt threatened and that was a justifiable recourse. This whole situation and all this rioting has begun to piss me off to no end. I have been called a racist and a bitch and told "fuck you" because I don't think that's acceptable in any venue? Well,this is what I got to say to Fltexan, Sal and Seaoat and anybody else that thinks it's ok to beat the shit out of somebody because you feel profiled. FU and the horse you rode in on!

You tell em girl... that pc crap is a drug... it directly affects objectivity.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Has nothing to do with empathy.

I feel sorry for the young woman. She must be in a government high school. She cannot speak proper English, she could not write a coherent paragraph. She could not even read the letter she and a friend wrote after the incident because she cannot read cursive.

Where is the outrage from President Barack Hussein Obama and the other race baiters about the education they accept in the government schools? All because they can't get rid of lousy teachers and can't discipline children.

Nekochan

Nekochan

She's going to have to take a lot of remedial courses.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Lisa12 wrote:

Laughing  

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

i do not believe that she is even capable of passing the PSAT/NMSQT tests. the PSAT has one 30 minute section that deals with writing skills. lots and lots of remedial for her. however i wish her the best.

Do colleges still have standards?...A scholorship for what?....Well she did say she was from the 'New School' and that this is the new generation...

Over The Hill wrote:i do not believe that she is even capable of passing the PSAT/NMSQT tests. the PSAT has one 30 minute section that deals with writing skills. lots and lots of remedial for her. however i wish her the best.

TESTS!!!??????....SHE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN TESTS!!!!!

nadalfan

Seems to me, this is a good thing. What's the problem?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Over The Hill wrote:i do not believe that she is even capable of passing the PSAT/NMSQT tests. the PSAT has one 30 minute section that deals with writing skills. lots and lots of remedial for her. however i wish her the best.

She will get in.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Joanimaroni wrote:

She will get in.

i am sure she will, just not at this point in time. by her own admission she cannot read so in order to get in there is a lot of remedial in her future.

I think it is awesome when anyone gets help with their education.
I hope she takes full advantage of it.
Why not wish her the best?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I doubt she has any interest in college.

Nekochan wrote:I doubt she has any interest in college.

Nothing wrong with that either.
3 of my siblings did very, very well, with no college. 1 with only a high school diploma, and 2 of them without even a GED.
I never had a desire to go to college. I have never regretted, even a little bit, not going to college. I am not wealthy by anyones standards, but I'm much more content than most of the people I know that have 'more'.
To me that's much more important than money and 'things'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum