Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jury got it right

+2
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jury got it right Empty Jury got it right 7/14/2013, 9:34 am

NOT GUILTY!

2Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/14/2013, 9:57 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

newswatcher wrote:NOT GUILTY!

The location of your post, unfortunately, is correct. This case was turned into a media circus awarding political opportunities to the media whores on the coattails of a dead teenager. Shameful.

3Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/14/2013, 10:02 am

Joanimaroni wrote:

The location of your post, unfortunately, is correct. This case was turned into a media circus awarding political opportunities to the media whores on the coattails of a dead teenager. Shameful.

Your are correct....from the cowh...AG....Politicians...Civil Rights (Leaders?).. Celebrities......media etc.,...all should be ashamed of themselves for their comments in this case....Now the NY Giants V.Cruz tweeting that Zimmerman has a year before the hood catches up with him...and an AP reporter so it's alright to kill teenagers--just checkin....The level of ignorance will continue...This was a stacked deck against Zimmerman and thankfully a jury cut through the crap and paid attention to the laws on the book...

4Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/14/2013, 12:22 pm

2seaoat

It was a simple criminal trial which should have been filed immediately. It was fair, and there are no riots as predicted. This system works. It also works because people can protest what they see as injustice. The injustice was not filing the charges. The NG did not have people rioting because they saw this journey of truth......in the end six of our peers voted on the evidence.....not the biased judge people alleged, or the prosecutors who were criminals.....simple evidence.

However, the profiling of young black kids......well racism is alive and well, but this trial did more than we know. Sometimes one life does make a difference.

5Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/14/2013, 12:37 pm

We didn't invent racism... it was basic human nature... and eventually it will go the way of the protruding brow.

You do an important issue no favor however... despite what you might think that you have learned.

There's an old Texan story about a fool that tries to teach lessons to others that he will never forget... you are that poster child.

6Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/14/2013, 1:00 pm

2seaoat

We didn't invent racism... it was basic human nature... and eventually it will go the way of the protruding brow.

How do you teach people to have courage. Who among us have not been scared and frightened. Going through life scared is no way to live, and when we allow a gun lobby to sell the illusion that a gun in your pocket makes you a man......I guess courage can be bought. Gangbangers terrorize like the worse cowards and as a society we just do not want to get involved......we do not want to leave our homes to become involved.....we certainly do not want to respond to cries for help......call the police.....we have collectively lost courage.

7Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/14/2013, 1:14 pm

The plight of the urban poor has nothing to do with courage... it's a direct result of social engineering.

Why is it so difficult for progressives to take responsibility for the results of their policies? I know the intentions usually are noble... but why the disconnect or objective analysis? That's not how we have evolved to this point... it's not the way forward either. Bad ideas fail and are abandoned in the real world.

I swear liberalism requires more faith than any religion. Gawd we're a dumb species these days.

8Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/14/2013, 10:17 pm

2seaoat wrote:The location of your post, unfortunately, is correct. This case was turned into a media circus awarding political opportunities to the media whores on the coattails of a dead teenager. Shameful.

It was a simple criminal trial which should have been filed immediately.   It was fair, and there are no riots as predicted.  This system works.   It also works because people can protest what they see as injustice.   The injustice was not filing the charges.  The NG did not have people rioting because they saw this journey of truth......in the end six of our peers voted on the evidence.....not the biased judge people alleged, or the prosecutors who were criminals.....simple evidence.  

However, the profiling of young black kids......well racism is alive and well, but this trial did more than we know.   Sometimes one life does make a difference.

The police had no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman under Fl. law. The police were correct. They were doing an investigation.

9Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 7:18 am

Dreamsglore wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The location of your post, unfortunately, is correct. This case was turned into a media circus awarding political opportunities to the media whores on the coattails of a dead teenager. Shameful.

It was a simple criminal trial which should have been filed immediately.   It was fair, and there are no riots as predicted.  This system works.   It also works because people can protest what they see as injustice.   The injustice was not filing the charges.  The NG did not have people rioting because they saw this journey of truth......in the end six of our peers voted on the evidence.....not the biased judge people alleged, or the prosecutors who were criminals.....simple evidence.  

However, the profiling of young black kids......well racism is alive and well, but this trial did more than we know.   Sometimes one life does make a difference.

The police had no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman under Fl. law. The police were correct. They were doing an investigation.

Which is exactly why the former Chief of Police stated that investigation was "hijacked" in order to get the results desired...and a waste of time/money trial was born...

10Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 10:54 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

newswatcher wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Which is exactly why the former Chief of Police stated that investigation was "hijacked" in order to get the results desired...and a waste of time/money trial was born...

And he was fired....ask any attorney and they will tell you it was an over-charged case. It was a case that could not have produced a guilty verdict no matter what the charge.

11Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 10:57 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

And he was fired....ask any attorney and they will tell you it was an over-charged case. It was a case that could not have produced a guilty verdict no matter what the charge.

And at the end they wanted to add child abuse...why?....because they knew they had not proved their case for either of the top charges...

12Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 11:54 am

nadalfan

newswatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

And at the end they wanted to add child abuse...why?....because they knew they had not proved their case for either of the top charges...

Like I stated in the Rachel Jeantel discussion, 3 jurors wanted to convict Zimmerman, convinced he was at least guilty of manslaughter. According to the the juror who spoke out, it came down to the moment in which they were fighting. She said the law gave them no choice because it applied to the moment in which they were fighting, not anything that happened before or who threw the first punch, etc.

13Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 12:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

nadalfan wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Like I stated in the Rachel Jeantel discussion, 3 jurors wanted to convict Zimmerman, convinced he was at least guilty of manslaughter.  According to the the juror who spoke out, it came down to the moment in which they were fighting.  She

said the law gave them no choice because it applied to the moment in which they were fighting, not anything that happened before or who threw the first punch, etc.

Charging Zimmerman with stupidity would have held up.

14Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 12:11 pm

knothead

knothead

But NOT INNOCENT!!!

15Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 1:51 pm

nadalfan wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Like I stated in the Rachel Jeantel discussion, 3 jurors wanted to convict Zimmerman, convinced he was at least guilty of manslaughter.  According to the the juror who spoke out, it came down to the moment in which they were fighting.  She said the law gave them no choice because it applied to the moment in which they were fighting, not anything that happened before or who threw the first punch, etc.

Which was a correct verdict as following someone is NOT a crime nor a reason to attack someone.

16Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 4:58 pm

2seaoat

You are utterly clueless. The police had probable cause because if they did not a pretrial motion would have been filed by Omara and the charges would have been dropped......you absolutely have a void a mile wide when discussing legal concepts. Utter ignorance. Use legal terms correctly or do not use them at all.

17Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 5:57 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:The plight of the urban poor has nothing to do with courage... it's a direct result of social engineering.

Why is it so difficult for progressives to take responsibility for the results of their policies? I know the intentions usually are noble... but why the disconnect or objective analysis? That's not how we have evolved to this point... it's not the way forward either. Bad ideas fail and are abandoned in the real world.

I swear liberalism requires more faith than any religion. Gawd we're a dumb  species these days.

Do you mean bad ideas like...I don't know....slavery? genocide? It only took 100 years from the Emancipation Proclamation to the Voting Rights Act and the Great Society...not that there was a problem or anything...

I do agree with you on certain points...I am a firm believer in people pulling their own weight and hopefully giving back more than they get, even if it's only their time. And I've found through the years that what I heard about people is pretty much true...the ones with the least tend to give the most. You got me started on the Texas expressions thing, tho, so I found you this. I wouldn't say all these things are confined to Texas...

http://www.texasmonthly.com/content/more-colorful-texas-sayings%E2%80%A6

I did tell you my grandpa (mom's) was LBJ's cousin, didn't I? Yep, I'm sure I did.

18Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 7:12 pm

2seaoat wrote:The police had no probable cause to arrest Zimmerman under Fl. law. The police were correct. They were doing an investigation.

You are utterly clueless.  The police had probable cause because if they did not a pretrial motion would have been filed by Omara and the charges would have been dropped......you absolutely have a void a mile wide when discussing legal concepts.    Utter ignorance.  Use legal terms correctly or do not use them at all.

Here you go again. I guess you know more than the police chief now? You're a bonafide idiot! The police chief said "THEY HAD NO PROBABLE CAUSE TO ARREST ZIMMERMAN."

19Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 8:16 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

The jury got it right, but it wasn't the verdict the bleeding heart liberals wanted. So now that idiot Holder's got to stick his nose in and try to make-up some sort of charge that'll stick. Freaking pathetic at best.

20Jury got it right Empty Re: Jury got it right 7/17/2013, 8:24 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:The plight of the urban poor has nothing to do with courage... it's a direct result of social engineering.

I swear liberalism requires more faith than any religion. Gawd we're a dumb  species these days.

Do you mean bad ideas like...I don't know....slavery? genocide? It only took 100 years from the Emancipation Proclamation to the Voting Rights Act and the Great Society...not that there was a problem or anything...

I do agree with you on certain points...I am a firm believer in people pulling their own weight and hopefully giving back more than they get, even if it's only their time. And I've found through the years that what I heard about people is pretty much true...the ones with the least tend to give the most. You got me started on the Texas expressions thing, tho, so I found you this. I wouldn't say all these things are confined to Texas...

http://www.texasmonthly.com/content/more-colorful-texas-sayings%E2%80%A6

I did tell you my grandpa (mom's) was LBJ's cousin, didn't I? Yep, I'm sure I did.

No... I don't recall you ever saying that. I've driven by their ranch on my way west from dallas to my uncles ranch a hundred times. I always wanted to stop... but it takes so damn long to get across half the state... just never took the time. I'll check out the Texasisms.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum