Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD?

+4
no stress
Floridatexan
boards of FL
Sal
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 12:36 pm

Nope, no voter fraud here. Carry on.

"The errant mailings from the Washington-based nonprofit group Voter Participation Center have befuddled many Virginia residents, leading to hundreds of complaints.

The organization has been mass-mailing the forms — pre-populated with key information such as names and addresses — to primarily Democratic-leaning voting blocs such as young adults, unmarried women, African-Americans and Latinos."

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/virginia-politics/2012/jul/25/tdmain01-romney-camp-asks-va-to-probe-voter-forms-ar-2081517/

2DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 12:43 pm

Ah yes, a time-honored Liberal tradition. It sure helped Oblamer get to the Senate and then WH.

3DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 1:05 pm

Sal

Sal

This isn't voter fraud. It's lazy, sloppy registration. And again, something that ID requirements would fail to remedy.

4DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 1:25 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Oh no! A non-profit organization is helping women, young people, and minorities to register to vote! This is fraud! Cough cough...

5DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 1:42 pm

salinsky wrote:This isn't voter fraud. It's lazy, sloppy registration. And again, something that ID requirements would fail to remedy.

If dead people, children or the family dog gets registered to vote requiring an ID won't stop them from voting!!!! Lay off the crack pipe man, it has fried your brain.

6DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 1:47 pm

boards of FL wrote:Oh no! A non-profit organization is helping women, young people, and minorities to register to vote!

And the deceased, children, dogs, etc. I realize dems need all the help they can get this year.

7DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 2:02 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I'd love to see a dog cast a vote.

8DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 2:15 pm

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:

Not to mention, zombies. "I have your ballot right here, Mr. Moldy Reanimated Corpse, but first I'll have to see some ID." LOL!

9DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 2:19 pm

salinsky wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Not to mention, zombies. "I have your ballot right here, Mr. Moldy Reanimated Corpse, but first I'll have to see some ID." LOL!

Boy, you ACORN volunteers will help anyone.

10DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 2:24 pm

Floridatexan wrote:

If your dog is sent a voter registration card, YOU fill out that registration card for your dog, send it off and get a voter registration card in the mail which allows your dog to cast a legal vote, what is to stop you from voting in your dogs place?

11DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 2:28 pm

Sal

Sal

[quote="alecto"]
Floridatexan wrote:
what is to stop you from voting in your dogs place?

What's to stop you from donning a ski mask and robbing the bank on the corner?

12DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 2:52 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

alecto wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Oh no! A non-profit organization is helping women, young people, and minorities to register to vote!

And the deceased, children, dogs, etc. I realize dems need all the help they can get this year.

The article seems to suggest that the non-profit org is sending out voter registration forms to people in the hopes that they register to vote. They are likely working off some sort of list that they purchased. Since people die, and can perhaps exist at an age that is less than the voting requirement, it isn't unreasonable to assume that dead people and kids could end up on whatever list they purchased. I suspect that were a child or dead person to submit a voter registration form, they may run into some problems.

13DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 3:02 pm

[quote="salinsky"]
alecto wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
what is to stop you from voting in your dogs place?

What's to stop you from donning a ski mask and robbing the bank on the corner?

What is to stop you from buying illegal firearms?

14DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 4:50 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Keep this statistic in your head (if you can): Percentage incidence of actual voter fraud in the US: 0.0002

15DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 5:30 pm

no stress

no stress

Floridatexan wrote:
Keep this statistic in your head (if you can): Percentage incidence of actual voter fraud in the US: 0.0002

BULLSHIT !!!

16DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 5:39 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

You could have a better conversation with your coffee maker than you can with floridatexan. Seriously.

Gunz wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

BULLSHIT !!!

17DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/25/2012, 5:56 pm

Floridatexan wrote:

So why all the resistance from the left on voter ID laws?

18DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/26/2012, 10:13 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

For the open minded who may read this thread, take a look at this article. The so called arguments in favor of requiring a voter ID are not based in fact. Voter impersonation is extremely rare (you're more likely to get struck by lightning than to commit voter fraud). The real reason for this sudden and unfounded push for voter ID is voter suppression of groups likely to vote Democratic.
Summary

* Fraud by individual voters is both irrational and extremely rare.
* Many vivid anecdotes of purported voter fraud have been proven false or do not demonstrate fraud.
* Voter fraud is often conflated with other forms of election misconduct.
* Raising the unsubstantiated specter of mass voter fraud suits a particular policy agenda.
* Claims of voter fraud should be carefully tested before they become the basis for action.

Fraud by individual voters is both irrational and extremely rare. Most citizens who take the time to vote offer their legitimate signatures and sworn oaths with the gravitas that this hard-won civic right deserves. Even for the few who view voting merely as a means to an end, however, voter fraud is a singularly foolish way to attempt to win an election. Each act of voter fraud risks five years in prison and a $10,000 fine - but yields at most one incremental vote. The single vote is simply not worth the price.

Because voter fraud is essentially irrational, it is not surprising that no credible evidence suggests a voter fraud epidemic. There is no documented wave or trend of individuals voting multiple times, voting as someone else, or voting despite knowing that they are ineligible. Indeed, evidence from the microscopically scrutinized 2004 gubernatorial election in Washington State actually reveals just the opposite: though voter fraud does happen, it happens approximately 0.0009% of the time. The similarly closely-analyzed 2004 election in Ohio revealed a voter fraud rate of 0.00004%. National Weather Service data shows that Americans are struck and killed by lightning about as often.
http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/policy_brief_on_the_truth_about_voter_fraud/

19DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/26/2012, 10:19 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

alecto wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

So why all the resistance from the left on voter ID laws?

All statistics that show incidences of voter fraud to be minuscule at best aside, which do you feel has more of an impact on the outcome of an election: 1) I go to a poll and cast 1 vote by impersonating someone. 2) I donate millions of dollars to a super pac?

20DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/26/2012, 7:48 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

There is always hoopla about election fraud before the vote takes place. Repubs accuse Dems of getting illegals and dead folks registered to boost the vote for their side; Dems accuse Repubs of doing things like altering Diebold voting machines (think Ohio in 2004). It never ends.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

21DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/26/2012, 9:53 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

I take it you don't believe it happens.

22DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/26/2012, 9:57 pm

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:

Did that come from "The Nation"?

23DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/26/2012, 10:11 pm

Markle

Markle

Progressives, IF voter fraud is so rare, why does ACORN (aka whoever they are today) go to so much trouble to register fraudulent people?

IF I had a list of 1,000 people who are fraudulently registered to vote. Progressives, are you still with me? Then I take that list and go on-line, or pick up the telephone and order an absentee ballot in each persons name. Still with me Progressives? 1,000 absentee ballots come in the mail. I fill out 1,000 ballots, sign the back of the envelopes and mail them back over a period of a couple of weeks.

How many fraudulent ballots are counted and who knows?

24DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? Empty Re: DEMS REGISTER THE DEAD? 7/26/2012, 10:33 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:Progressives, IF voter fraud is so rare, why does ACORN (aka whoever they are today) go to so much trouble to register fraudulent people?

IF I had a list of 1,000 people who are fraudulently registered to vote. Progressives, are you still with me? Then I take that list and go on-line, or pick up the telephone and order an absentee ballot in each persons name. Still with me Progressives? 1,000 absentee ballots come in the mail. I fill out 1,000 ballots, sign the back of the envelopes and mail them back over a period of a couple of weeks.

How many fraudulent ballots are counted and who knows?
Where are you going to find a list of 1,000 people who are fraudulently registered to vote? Are you just going to make up names and SS numbers and drivers' license numbers and street addresses? Do you have any evidence whatsoever of something like this actually happening? Your story starts out with a pretty good word: IF

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum