Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Walmart and Target

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Walmart and Target Empty Walmart and Target 7/1/2013, 10:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Walmart and Target Walmar10

Do you think this will happen?

“I do not often find myself in agreement with Jesse Jackson and Jimmy Carter, but they are right about Paula Deen -- her apology should be accepted. None of us are perfect. We all fall short and all need forgiveness.”
Senator David Shafer

David Shafer
David is a conservative Republican lawmaker from Georgia who believes that government rightfully exists to protect life, liberty, property and opportunity.

2Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/1/2013, 10:27 pm

I find the whole debacle ridiculous about a word said 27 yrs.ago.Sal suspects I am a racist because of that. Oh well.

3Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/1/2013, 10:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:I find the whole debacle ridiculous about a word said 27 yrs.ago.Sal suspects I am a racist because of that. Oh well.

I thought Sal believed only republicans are racist, did you switch parties?

4Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/1/2013, 11:39 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I find the whole debacle ridiculous about a word said 27 yrs.ago.Sal suspects I am a racist because of that. Oh well.

I thought Sal believed only republicans are racist, did you switch parties?

No! LOL! People think you have to believe the whole scmhiel though to be a democrat.

5Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 12:24 am

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:Walmart and Target Walmar10

“I do not often find myself in agreement with Jesse Jackson and Jimmy Carter, but they are right about Paula Deen -- her apology should be accepted. None of us are perfect. We all fall short and all need forgiveness.”
Senator David Shafer

David Shafer
David is a conservative Republican lawmaker from Georgia who believes that government rightfully exists to protect life, liberty, property and opportunity.

Call it a double standard and the Progressives will feign outrage.

Rachel Jeantel, who testified first at the Zimmerman trial, referred to Zimmerman as a "creepy ass cracker" and said she didn't see that as a racist slur.

6Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 8:41 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Just look at Trayvon's twitter name.

I hate double standards.

7Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 9:14 am

Markle wrote:

Senator David Shafer

David Shafer

Rachel Jeantel, who testified first at the Zimmerman trial, referred to Zimmerman as a "creepy ass cracker" and said she didn't see that as a racist slur.

And watching her articulate testimony....she is now the expert as to what is/isn't a racial slur?...But it's not the same for Paula Deen if she said she also didn't see her comments as a racial slur?...Paula Deen made the HUGE mistake of going on the apology tour when those that she was visiting were interested only in keeping this story going and getting ratings...Don't hold your breath waiting for WalMart...Target...or any retail place to take music off the shelves for being racially insensitive...This is what happens when political correctness goes way out of control...

8Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 9:16 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

newswatcher wrote:
Markle wrote:

Senator David Shafer

David Shafer

And watching her articulate testimony....she is now the expert as to what is/isn't a racial slur?...But it's not the same for Paula Deen if she said she also didn't see her comments as a racial slur?...Paula Deen made the HUGE mistake of going on the apology tour when those that she was visiting were interested only in keeping this story going and getting ratings...Don't hold your breath waiting for WalMart...Target...or any retail place to take music off the shelves for being racially insensitive...This is what happens when political correctness goes way out of control...

cheers cheers cheers 

9Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 10:06 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

27 years ago?! This is like making a law retroactive. There must be a hidden agenda here somewhere because on the surface this makes no sense. Anyone who's spent time in Southern states has heard the word, especially a decade or so ago before it was declared to be an extremely offensive utterance, as it surely is.

I can vaguely remember some famous black person (was it Bill Cosby?) basically declaring it to be so and proposing a campaign to stamp it out among in polite company and pleading with black entertainers to stop using it too.

I saw a report saying that Paula's cook book had risen to the #1 spot on Amazon, a purchasing revolt by her furious fans. No doubt public health would be improved if none of her butter heavy recipes were ever made again. She is the poster child for food that's not good for you.

10Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 10:31 am

othershoe1030 wrote:27 years ago?! This is like making a law retroactive. There must be a hidden agenda here somewhere because on the surface this makes no sense. Anyone who's spent time in Southern states has heard the word, especially a decade or so ago before it was declared to be an extremely offensive utterance, as it surely is.

I can vaguely remember some famous black person (was it Bill Cosby?) basically declaring it to be so and proposing a campaign to stamp it out among in polite company and pleading with black entertainers to stop using it too.

I saw a report saying that Paula's cook book had risen to the #1 spot on Amazon, a purchasing revolt by her furious fans. No doubt public health would be improved if none of her butter heavy recipes were ever made again. She is the poster child for food that's not good for you.

'Southern States'---DO NOT HAVE NOT EVER had the exclusive rights to any term(s) that are racial in nature!...Tell me where are the border lines one must cross and those term(s) are no longer seen and/or heard?...Historically some of the most violent...racially motivated protests against busing occurred in northern states like Massachusettes and Michigan among others...Politicans like George Wallace ran strong presidential races in these states because they supported his anti-busing  views....

11Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 3:00 pm

Well stupid little oh me, I thought all these years the N word stood for nookie and I couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about Paula using the N word.

12Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 5:03 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

newswatcher wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:27 years ago?! This is like making a law retroactive. There must be a hidden agenda here somewhere because on the surface this makes no sense. Anyone who's spent time in Southern states has heard the word, especially a decade or so ago before it was declared to be an extremely offensive utterance, as it surely is.

'Southern States'---DO NOT HAVE NOT EVER had the exclusive rights to any term(s) that are racial in nature!...Tell me where are the border lines one must cross and those term(s) are no longer seen and/or heard?...Historically some of the most violent...racially motivated protests against busing occurred in northern states like Massachusettes and Michigan among others...Politicans like George Wallace ran strong presidential races in these states because they supported his anti-busing  views....

blah blah blah. say what you will I grew up all over the west and never heard anyone use the N word until I moved to Arkansas where it was part of the "normal" vocabulary. Only after the neighbors realized how uncomfortable it made me did they apologize after letting it slip into conversation. No doubt the N word has been used all over the country, that should not be an excuse to not attempt to do away with it altogether don't you think?

13Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 5:04 pm

bigt wrote:Well stupid little oh me, I thought all these years the N word stood for nookie and I couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about Paula using the N word.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hey baby...Wink 

14Walmart and Target Empty Re: Walmart and Target 7/2/2013, 8:02 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

newswatcher wrote:
Markle wrote:

Senator David Shafer

David Shafer

If the reference is to Rap records, etc., it appears that use of the word Nigger by African-American artists is socially acceptable.  In fact, many black and white youths, strongly influenced by today's lyrics, use the word in an endearing way -- not as a derisive, pejorative term.

By contrast, Paula Dean's usage was racist.  Add in her plan for a retro wedding that echoed the deep south's racist past, which utilized black actors portraying slaves.  Walmart and Target are correct and Ms. Dean does come off as a southern racist.  

Last edited by Wordslinger on 7/2/2013, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Jesus told me to.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum