Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"The Criminal N.S.A."

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/28/2013, 11:12 am

This is a difficult issue but a slippery slope just the same. At what point does it stop?

"THE twin revelations that telecom carriers have been secretly giving the National Security Agency information about Americans’ phone calls, and that the N.S.A. has been capturing e-mail and other private communications from Internet companies as part of a secret program called Prism, have not enraged most Americans. Lulled, perhaps, by the Obama administration’s claims that these “modest encroachments on privacy” were approved by Congress and by federal judges, public opinion quickly migrated from shock to “meh.”
Americans deserve better from the White House — and from President Obama, who has seemingly forgotten the constitutional law he once taught.
It didn’t help that Congressional watchdogs — with a few exceptions, like Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky — have accepted the White House’s claims of legality. The leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California, and Saxby Chambliss, Republican of Georgia, have called the surveillance legal. So have liberal-leaning commentators like Hendrik Hertzberg and David Ignatius.

This view is wrong — and not only, or even mainly, because of the privacy issues raised by the American Civil Liberties Union and other critics. The two programs violate both the letter and the spirit of federal law. No statute explicitly authorizes mass surveillance. Through a series of legal contortions, the Obama administration has argued that Congress, since 9/11, intended to implicitly authorize mass surveillance. But this strategy mostly consists of wordplay, fear-mongering and a highly selective reading of the law. Americans deserve better from the White House — and from President Obama, who has seemingly forgotten the constitutional law he once taught."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/28/opinion/the-criminal-nsa.html?hp&_r=0

2"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/28/2013, 11:30 am

Throw on top of this the gunrunning to criminal cartels... stranding our diplomats in an unstable environment... lying right to our faces... using govt agencies to target... throwing our money to bankers and corps and hostile foreign countries... mandating our activities... etc.

I think the question should be... those side is our govt on? It appears the answer ultimately will be the united nations.

3"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/28/2013, 2:55 pm

PkrBum wrote:Throw on top of this the gunrunning to criminal cartels... stranding our diplomats in an unstable environment... lying right to our faces... using govt agencies to target... throwing our money to bankers and corps and hostile foreign countries... mandating our activities... etc.

I think the question should be... those side is our govt on? It appears the answer ultimately will be the united nations.

It does seem sometimes the current administration is pushing toward a goal of post-nationalism the way they denigrate our core values and snuggle up to the U.N. One world order with a chicken in every pot......

4"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/28/2013, 3:19 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

If we had only elected Mitt Romney last November, he would have turned the course back from this direction and restored our nation's core values...... Rolling Eyes 

....Note, this is one reason I voted for Gary Johnson last November..... The Republicans wouldn't even look at a Ron Paul candidacy.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

5"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/28/2013, 3:49 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:If we had only elected Mitt Romney last November, he would have turned the course back from this direction and restored our nation's core values...... Rolling Eyes 

....Note, this is one reason I voted for Gary Johnson last November..... The Republicans wouldn't even look at a Ron Paul candidacy.....

Doubtful it would be perfect but at least he had some business sense and a strong work ethic,unlike BHO. I didn't like Romney either, in fact I was shocked when he was the last one standing. Unfortunately there isn't a potential candidate on either side of the aisle or even in the middle (my preference) that looks like they could handle the wreckage of this country. Unless there are major changes in Congress. We will see how stupid the voters really are when the next congressional election results roll in. If a single incumbent is reelected I will give up all hope for the voters of this country.

6"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/29/2013, 9:14 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

nochain wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:If we had only elected Mitt Romney last November, he would have turned the course back from this direction and restored our nation's core values...... Rolling Eyes 

Doubtful it would be perfect but at least he had some business sense and a strong work ethic,unlike BHO. I didn't like Romney either, in fact I was shocked when he was the last one standing. Unfortunately there isn't a potential candidate on either side of the aisle or even in the middle (my preference) that looks like they could handle the wreckage of this country. Unless there are major changes in Congress. We will see how stupid the voters really are when the next congressional election results roll in. If a single incumbent is reelected I will give up all hope for the voters of this country.

"...business sense and a strong work ethic..." ---are you on crack? Explain his $100M IRA. Explain it to the former employees whose companies he raided, including their pensions.

7"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/29/2013, 10:04 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here's an article from 2007...according to this (what hasn't been redacted), Bush was pushing for wiretapping in February, 2001...one month after taking office and long before 9/11.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2007/10/nsa-asked-for-p/

8"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/29/2013, 10:59 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Hmmmm, didn't Clinton get the wiretapping law passed in 1994?

9"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/29/2013, 11:17 am

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:

"...business sense and a strong work ethic..."  

That's just wingnut code for "shiftless nigger".

They still think they can get some traction out of that dog whistle.

10"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/29/2013, 11:18 am

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:Hmmmm, didn't Clinton get the wiretapping law passed in 1994?

The activity in which the NSA has been engaged is ...

1) not wiretapping

2) not illegal

11"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/29/2013, 8:09 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Hmmmm, didn't Clinton get the wiretapping law passed in 1994?

The activity in which the NSA has been engaged is ...

1) not wiretapping

2) not illegal

Oops...I thought Data mining had to do with.... monitoring, without search warrants, the phone calls, Internet activity (Web, e-mail, etc.), text messaging, and other communication involving any party believed by the NSA to be outside the U.S., even if the other end of the communication lies within the U.S.

12"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/30/2013, 6:54 am

Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

That's your unenlightended opinion Sally.

BTW, Paula Dean wants to talk to you.

13"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/30/2013, 7:01 am

Floridatexan wrote:
nochain wrote:

Dll hope for the voters of this country.

"...business sense and a strong work ethic..." ---are you on crack?  Explain his $100M IRA.  Explain it to the former employees whose companies he raided, including their pensions.  

Yea, keep beating that "100M IRA" drum whack job. How many of your entitlement friends have accumulated an IRA over even $2M? It appears a strong work ethic pays off. But keep reading your rolling stoned fairy tales while ignore any fact that might drift by. No matter how often someone points it out - try researching "carried interest".

14"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/30/2013, 10:18 am

nochain wrote:
Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

That's your unenlightended opinion Sally.

BTW, Paula Dean wants to talk to you.

One fool gets banned and 'sal' is ready to take his place....nice though that he and possibly some others think that 'racism'...'racists' comment are exclusive to one party and/or region of the nation...'sal' feels that if he defends the cowh that gives him the justification to drop the 'n' word because he's pinning it's usage on others and yet there it is being used by him...but that's to be expected...

15"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/30/2013, 10:23 am

It is information gathering on american citizens with no probable cause or any due process at all.

That is explicitly unconstitutional... the only reason it is not deemed illegal is that our govt granted itself the authority.

It's sickening to see americans defending their own domestication and enslavement.

16"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/30/2013, 10:30 am

PkrBum wrote:It is information gathering on american citizens with no probable cause or any due process at all.

That is explicitly unconstitutional... the only reason it is not deemed illegal is that our govt granted itself the authority.

It's sickening to see americans defending their own domestication and enslavement.

cheers cheers cheers cheers .......'sickening' sums up what's happening!...

17"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/30/2013, 10:34 am

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:It is information gathering on american citizens with no probable cause or any due process at all.

I'm not defending it.

But, it is not illegal.

For that, you can thank Congress in general, and the neocons in particular.

It's just a little disingenuous to criticize the administration for using the tools they provided.

18"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/30/2013, 10:39 am

Sal wrote:

I'm not defending it.

But, it is not illegal.

For that, you can thank Congress in general, and the neocons in particular.

It's just a little disingenuous to criticize the administration for using the tools they provided.

And yet....the cowh campaigned on NO American would be under surveilance without probable cause...and yet now those that called President Bush and his administration 'war criminals' (for 'pkrbum) now are content with these same policies not only being used but expanded...

19"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/30/2013, 11:18 am

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:

And yet....the cowh campaigned on NO American would be under surveilance without probable cause...and yet now those that called President Bush and his administration 'war criminals' (for 'pkrbum) now are content with these same policies not only being used but expanded...

I've not seen progressives reacting to these revelations with contentment, nor have I seen them defending these policies.

The reaction I've observed from progressives is more in line with, "told ya so".

20"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 6/30/2013, 3:21 pm

Sal wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

I've not seen progressives reacting to these revelations with contentment, nor have I seen them defending these policies.

The reaction I've observed from progressives is more in line with, "told ya so".

And once again the fact that the cowh made the statements and then has done the opposite is acceptable to some...You know it's got to be bad when there are liberals and conservatives upset with the intrusion of privacy...But you're correct...Hope and Change has been replaced with "told ya so" and this cowh has proven to be just another politican that said what he needed to say to get the job...

21"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 7/1/2013, 1:54 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I saw this poster today, and just could not help myself...... Razz Razz Razz 

"The Criminal N.S.A." Obama-NSA-yes-we-scan

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

22"The Criminal N.S.A." Empty Re: "The Criminal N.S.A." 7/1/2013, 2:25 pm

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I saw this poster today, and just could not help myself...... Razz Razz Razz 

"The Criminal N.S.A." Obama-NSA-yes-we-scan

Superb!

Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum