Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We need more politicians with this mindset

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

It's a shame he won't stick around but I don't blame him:
"Sen. Mo Cowan (D-Mass.) loves being in the U.S. Senate, but is completely unwilling to do what it takes to get there or stay there. “I’ve come to love the job, but I still hate the application process,” he said. By which, he means raising money and campaigning.
“I think money has such a pervasive, pernicious influence on governing around here that it’s getting in the way,” he said. “And perhaps it’s not even money; it’s the fear of what may happen to you, who may mount a challenge against you if you’re seen as capitulating or compromising too much or violating the principles of your given base.”
More:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mo-cowan-of-massachusetts-a-shortimer-heads-for-the-senate-exit/2013/06/25/2daf49f2-d9f6-11e2-a9f2-42ee3912ae0e_story.html?hpid=z3

nochain wrote:
It's a shame he won't stick around but I don't blame him:
"Sen. Mo Cowan (D-Mass.) loves being in the U.S. Senate, but is completely unwilling to do what it takes to get there or stay there. “I’ve come to love the job, but I still hate the application process,” he said. By which, he means raising money and campaigning.
“I think money has such a pervasive, pernicious influence on governing around here that it’s getting in the way,” he said. “And perhaps it’s not even money; it’s the fear of what may happen to you, who may mount a challenge against you if you’re seen as capitulating or compromising too much or violating the principles of your given base.”
More:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mo-cowan-of-massachusetts-a-shortimer-heads-for-the-senate-exit/2013/06/25/2daf49f2-d9f6-11e2-a9f2-42ee3912ae0e_story.html?hpid=z3

He shouldn't really be too concerned being from Massachusetts and being a democrat...but he's correct going to Washington DC and the desire to protect your power has CORRUPTED many....

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum