Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

County to take over jail operations from sheriff....

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Looks like the massive ego of the sheriff didn't work out as he had planned...throwing a tantrum to get his way did not work...Remember as a candidate he said and took credit for handling multi-million dollar budgets and yet he could handle the jail operations and the bocc?...The abuses listed by the DOJ happened under his watch and his solution?...take it back I can't handle it...What's 'balderdash' is the 'humdinger' lack of leadership displayed by this guy that knows how everyone should do their jobs and yet he cannot handle dealing with his own inabilty to run the jail...

2seaoat

I think that this problem is bigger than the sheriff or the County personalities........hopefully the next three months they can figure out what needs to be done.

2seaoat wrote:I think that this problem is bigger than the sheriff or the County personalities........hopefully the next three months they can figure out what needs to be done.

This is typical behavior on the part of the sheriff...it's just his negotiation ploy and don't think he saw the outcome that was decided...He said he and his administration can handle the operation of the jail and comply with the DOJ standards.....which leads to the question---where's this been for over four years?...And now suddenly it can be done?...The BOCC are no better in this matter because they've also sat on their hands and not addressed the funding needs of the jail....but they could raise gas prices to fund a worthless bus system...

newswatcher wrote:Looks like the massive ego of the sheriff didn't work out as he had planned...throwing a tantrum to get his way did not work...Remember as a candidate he said and took credit for handling multi-million dollar budgets and yet he could handle the jail operations and the bocc?...The abuses listed by the DOJ happened under his watch and his solution?...take it back I can't handle it...What's 'balderdash' is the 'humdinger' lack of leadership displayed by this guy that knows how everyone should do their jobs and yet he cannot handle dealing with his own inabilty to run the jail...

MOst of the abuses and all the deaths happened with McNesby as sheriff.

Yella

Yella

What's likely to happen is this: Nobody in the County offices will know how to handle the job so they will hire a consultant for a huge amount of bucks to find somebody who is not as crooked as a barrel of snakes.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

I don't understand why this will cost the county more. The budget is the same despite who runs it. Its only going up because more COs will have to be hired to meet the DOJ requirements. The crux of the issue is that when the BOCC was told this by Morgan, they balked at the costs to hire the needed personnel and the BOCC said figure it out with the budget you have and Morgan just passed it right back saying, "this is your baby, you figure it out."

It'll only cost more because of the DOJ findings, not Morgan's insistence that the county take it over.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:Looks like the massive ego of the sheriff didn't work out as he had planned...throwing a tantrum to get his way did not work...Remember as a candidate he said and took credit for handling multi-million dollar budgets and yet he could handle the jail operations and the bocc?...The abuses listed by the DOJ happened under his watch and his solution?...take it back I can't handle it...What's 'balderdash' is the 'humdinger' lack of leadership displayed by this guy that knows how everyone should do their jobs and yet he cannot handle dealing with his own inabilty to run the jail...

Wrong...... My former son-in-law's father was killed at the hands of Detention Deputies in the Escambia County Jail in January of 1999, during the Jim Lowman adminstration. His name was Mark Stephen Bailey. Don't ask me about the particulars of the event. I know it still resonates with Bailey's two surviving sons (especially the older one, who was married to my step-daughter at the time).

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Wrong...... My former son-in-law's father was killed at the hands of Detention Deputies in the Escambia County Jail in January of 1999, during the Jim Lowman adminstration. His name was Mark Stephen Bailey. Don't ask me about the particulars of the event. I know it still resonates with Bailey's two surviving sons (especially the older one, who was married to my step-daughter at the time).

That's just one....there were more under McNesby's admin.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Were there charges...arrests....convictions?....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum