Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Polls open til 7 pm

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Polls open til 7 pm Empty Polls open til 7 pm 6/11/2013, 5:21 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Vote for Jeremy Lau.

2Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/11/2013, 5:43 pm

bizguy

Floridatexan wrote:
Vote for Jeremy Lau.

Why?

3Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/11/2013, 6:28 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://inweekly.net/wordpress/?p=15470

VOTE FOR LAU

On Tuesday, June 11, Pensacola, Gulf Breeze and southwest Escambia County will vote for who will replace the late Clay Ford as the state representative for District 2.

Walter Bryan Hill was the surprisingly strong winner of the Republican primary, thanks to outside help from the insurance industry and a series of statewide electioneering communication committees that funded a vicious slander campaign against former Gulf Breeze Mayor Ed Gray, III. There was even one mailer that somehow tied the conservative Gray with Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama.

It didn’t matter that Walter doesn’t live in District 2. No, Walter lives in Marcus Point, where Clay Ingram is the state representative.

It didn’t matter that Walter changed his name to Mike in 1994 after he was hit with a federal tax lien.

It didn’t matter that Walter doesn’t have any members in his Tea Party of Northwest Florida, which he founded and serves as its president.

Walter won the Republican primary for State House District 2.

This paper isn’t endorsing Walter. We despise double-talk. How can Walter claim to be an outsider when he is clearly tied to some of the biggest insiders in Tallahassee?

But, alas, that has always been the problem with the Tea Party. The truth never matches its rhetoric. The facts never quite add up. And when all else fails, blame Nancy Pelosi.

Sorry, Walter. The Independent News is endorsing Jeremy Lau, the Democratic candidate in this special election. Like Walter, Lau is a veteran. He got his college degree in history from the University of West Florida and taught in the Santa Rosa County school system.

Walter is an agent for State Farm Insurance, the company that canceled in 2010 the policies of nearly a fifth of its 714,000 customers. At the time, the company said it was the direct result of its failure to win a 47.1 percent rate increase from state regulators.

Walter will look after State Farm and help them with their next rate increases. Jeremy Lau will worry more about the ratepayers.

Today, Lau is an aircraft mechanic with L-3 Vortex on NAS Pensacola and the president of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, Local 2777. He works with his hands, understands the difficulties of taking care of his family in these tough economic times and has shown that he cares more about people than corporations.

Vote for Jeremy Lau on June 11.

4Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/11/2013, 7:11 pm

For the simple fact Hill does not live in our district and even though he probably cannot push closing Citizens he certainly wants to and any coastal area including 32561 most depend on citizen's. Closing citizens' would force someone to offer you insurance but at rates sky high. Last I don't trust him, it has been standard since I was honorably discharged in 1971 to say I have a honorable discharge not I was voluntarily seperated, sounds fishy. Besides I am really surprised since he is backed with lot's of insurance company and insurance agent's money anyone around here would vote for him. Nope I did not contribute to him. Oh and he would not participate in the debates.

5Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/11/2013, 9:57 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

doubtingthomas wrote:For the simple fact Hill does not live in our district and even though he probably cannot push closing Citizens he certainly wants to and any coastal area including 32561 most depend on citizen's. Closing citizens' would force someone to offer you insurance but at rates sky high. Last I don't trust him, it has been standard since I was honorably discharged in 1971 to say I have a honorable discharge not I was voluntarily seperated, sounds fishy. Besides I am really surprised since he is backed with lot's of insurance company and insurance agent's money anyone around here would vote for him. Nope I did not contribute to him. Oh and he would not participate in the debates.

That's what I heard as well...that he didn't even bother to attend the League of Women Voters' meet & greet...and that he paid to be on the ballot rather than gather signatures.

6Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/12/2013, 7:59 am

Floridatexan wrote:
Vote for Jeremy Lau.

The right candidate won!.....

7Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/12/2013, 8:40 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

newswatcher wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Vote for Jeremy Lau.

No...the ignorance of the voters of NW Florida is once again on display for all the world to see.

8Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/12/2013, 8:56 am

Floridatexan wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Vote for Jeremy Lau.

No...the ignorance of the voters of NW Florida is once again on display for all the world to see.

Much like the ignorance of your post(s)....The 'world to see'...So what's the problem with Mr Hill?...

9Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/12/2013, 2:16 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

newswatcher wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Vote for Jeremy Lau.

Much like the ignorance of your post(s)....The 'world to see'...So what's the problem with Mr Hill?...

Can you read?  

10Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/12/2013, 2:59 pm

newswatcher wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Vote for Jeremy Lau.

Time will tell if that is true.

11Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/12/2013, 3:57 pm

Bill Slayer wrote:
newswatcher wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Vote for Jeremy Lau.

Time will tell if that is true.

LOL....critical of Hill for State Farm and predicting that he'll sell out to the insurance companies and yet not a word about Lau's union connections and no predictions that he would align with the unions instead of doing what is right for Florida...OK so they both have ties to lobby's that will certainly want attention from the elected official...seems with their ties there is more a similarity than a disagreement...But as posted only time will tell if Mr Hill goes to Tallahassee and becomes an arm of the insurance lobbyist group but would Lau have been an arm of the Union lobbyist group?..

12Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/12/2013, 5:18 pm

Well he can't cause too much damage in the next few months before reelection time.  You know I've always voted for the lesser of two evils and I swear you could pin a tail with the word Republican or Tea Party on a wild hog here in the panhandle and it would beat any democrat or independent. He should never have been allowed to even run since he did not live in the district from the start.

13Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/12/2013, 5:19 pm

In Florida unions are a lesser evil than the insurance lobby.

14Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/16/2013, 10:58 am

Jake92

I hope the ones that voted for Mr Hill are the first ones who's insurance rates go up..  Maybe St Farm will start covering their houses again if the rates doubled.....

15Polls open til 7 pm Empty Re: Polls open til 7 pm 6/16/2013, 4:32 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I read elsewhere that he:  didn't collect signatures to get on the ballot, but instead paid the fee...raised $186,000 or thereabouts compared to Lau's something like $12,000...and didn't bother to attend any public forums except the PNJ's.  Why bother having local elections; why not just let the powerbrokers in Tallahassee pick our representatives...oh, wait...

And I guess no one was bothered at all by this revelation:

"...It didn’t matter that Walter changed his name to Mike in 1994 after he was hit with a federal tax lien..."

----------------------

GOOD GRIEF...the hypocrisy here is thick as molasses.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum