Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Little blonde reporter almost becomes a doggie chew toy...

+5
PBulldog2
2seaoat
Sal
Nekochan
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

dayum... I hope they pressed charges.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Wasn't that a racial slur that was bleeped out?

Sal

Sal

Charges pressed.

Sal wrote:Charges pressed.

Were charges pressed?

Sal

Sal

Dreamsglore wrote:

Were charges pressed?

Yep.

Sal wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Were charges pressed?

Yep.

Good! Where's the story? I want to read it.

Never mind-I found it.

Last edited by Dreamsglore on 6/6/2013, 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Dreamsglore wrote:
Sal wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Were charges pressed?

Yep.

Good! Where's the story? I want to read it.

http://www.abc6.com/story/22508092/tv-news-crew-attacked-in-ri-while-reporting-story

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.abc6.com/story/22509374/woman-who-assaulted-abc6-reporter-arrested

http://www.abc6.com/story/22513922/women-charged-with-assaulting-an-abc6-news-crew

http://www.abc6.com/story/22504408/abc-6-crew-attacked-while-tracking-arrest

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.abc6.com/story/14997633/abbey-niezgoda

2seaoat

Your kindergarten child gets shot at school..........a news reporter shows up at your house.....and you ask them to leave and they continue asking questions.....and you tell them to leave again........

I may be the only one on this forum who thinks the reporter is out of line.....I am so tired of reporters sticking mics in the face of grieving people who have had a child hurt or killed.....I am sick of it........the mother's decisions were clouded by emotion......and were wrong......but damn, I have to admit I wish the dog bit her in the ass........I am tired of the double standard of sticking mics in poor people's face after their losses, yet they do not do this obnoxious behavior when the child is from an affluent area.....I have seen this crap for thirty years and if it was me.....I would be in jail right now after asking her to leave.......Dear God....her son had been shot in Kindergarten and she did not want to talk about it.......

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah the reporter was doing her job and you are just being ... Seaoatish.

Oh yeah Lincoln sucked !!!

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Your kindergarten child gets shot at school..........a news reporter shows up at your house.....and you ask them to leave and they continue asking questions.....and you tell them to leave again........

I may be the only one on this forum who thinks the reporter is out of line.....I am so tired of reporters sticking mics in the face of grieving people who have had a child hurt or killed.....I am sick of it........the mother's decisions were clouded by emotion......and were wrong......but damn, I have to admit I wish the dog bit her in the ass........I am tired of the double standard of sticking mics in poor people's face after their losses, yet they do not do this obnoxious behavior when the child is from an affluent area.....I have seen this crap for thirty years and if it was me.....I would be in jail right now after asking her to leave.......Dear God....her son had been shot in Kindergarten and she did not want to talk about it.......

Dang, Seaoat...I'm going to have to agree with you, but just a little bit. I think the reporter should have left when the mother made it clear that she didn't want to talk. However it is not clear to me from the video just how long the reporter had been there or how much she questioned the mother. What I do not agree with is the mother letting the dogs out on the reporter. From what was shown, the reporter was on a public street, not private property. The mother should have told her--no comment--and the reporter should have left. And no dogs should have been released.

2seaoat wrote:Your kindergarten child gets shot at school..........a news reporter shows up at your house.....and you ask them to leave and they continue asking questions.....and you tell them to leave again........

WTH! The woman's 16 yr.old daughter was shot while attending a kindergarten graduation not a kindergartener. The woman could have went in her house and closed the door. No excuse for that kind of ghetto behavior.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't know how old the child shot was..doesn't matter to me.
But you're right, the woman should have said 'no comment' and gone in her house. And the reporter should have left. And no dogs should have been let out on the reporter.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

This woman should lose her dogs, that's for certain. Turning dogs loose to chase a human being is unforgivable. Likely as not the dogs will be blamed rather than the idiot woman who let them out.

<-----------Reference my avatar.

EDIT: My comment above does not refer to K-9s used as LEOs or search and rescue dogs. Just thought I'd make that clear.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 6/7/2013, 9:44 am; edited 2 times in total

First off the report does not say the person shot was a kindergartner, as a matter of fact the report starts off by saying her teenage daughter was shot at school, no mention of her being in kindergarten.

Secondly, the reporter was never on that ladies property, she was always either on the sidewalk or in the street, both being public property. Like another poster said, if she did not want to deal with the reporters, she should have just gone back into her house and closed her door, end of story. The reporter was in no way out of line, had she been on private property, you may have an argument, but public property no way.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have to agree with Dreams....no excuse for what the woman did. Go inside and close the door.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think I understand what Seaoat is talking about. We've all seen where reporters go and bother people and stick a camera in their face and won't leave them alone.

2seaoat

It is not news collection to go to someone's house who has just had somebody in their family shot. How many crying parents who have lost a child who are poor do I have to see with the time I have left.......Could any of us after a neighbor lost a child consider going over to their house and start questioning them about what happened, let alone stick a camera in their face.......sorry, I know two wrongs do not make a right.....but I let out a big Hooray! when that mike hit the street and she was running around in circles with the dogs nipping at her heels.

Could you see reporters going to folks homes to get reactions of parents after the Newtown shooting.......where is the line drawn, and why in a affluent Newtown neighborhood are parents respected in their grief, yet a poor person gets a mike stuck in their face? If anybody does not understand what I am saying.....they are not paying attention. The issue has nothing to do with how old the victim is or whether the reporter is standing on public property or private property.........it is why do reporters feel it is ok to stick a camera and a mike in the face of poor grieving parents to get a reaction, but show restraint in an affluent area.........the answer is obvious.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

The reporter was doing her job...I did that job for a year and it sucks. You don't go back to your editor but one time and tell them you couldn't get a statement or you are fired or sent to cover little old ladies playing checkers. Also after the rock throwing they were packing up and leaving and the angry woman came back at them with a ball bat. It was the behavior of the woman with the dogs that was totally without excuse. That behavior may be okay in your subculture but not in civilized society. Your glee at seeing the poor lady bitten puts you right down there with the dogs.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I didn't find the dogs chasing her funny at all. It was disturbing to me.

Sal

Sal

Who gives a rat's ass?

The woman was arrested and charged with felonious assault.

The truth of the matter is that this is nothing but a local crime story that would never made it out of Providence except for the fact that you have video of a big fat ugly black woman chasing around a pretty little blonde white woman, and that sparks your lizard brain's BLAHS BEHAVING BADLY narrative.

2seaoat

okay in your subculture but not in civilized society

A civilized society that thinks it is ok to stick a mike in the face of a grieving parent as you and your camera crew are at their front door an hour after the loss of a child......yep......an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth......

Poor people are less than those of us in a civilized society.....they are like animals in the zoo.....there is nothing wrong with sticking a mike in their face when they have just lost somebody......no the lack of civility began with the decision to show one more poor person who has suffered a loss........and tell me......why did those reporters who feared having to cover old ladies playing checkers not go door to door with the victims of Newtown and stick mikes in their faces, but have no problem doing the same with a poor family who just lost two children in a fire, or had their child shot in a drive by.

The question of civilization starts and ends with the timing and purpose of these reporters......when in kind treatment is given back.....they are the barbarians throwing rocks, getting bats, and sicking the dog on someone.....from my perspective that is a civilized response after seeing hundreds of ambush interviews of poor people who have just suffered a tragedy.....double standard in civility.....I still loved that mike hitting the street.........you probably get a kick out of seeing some poor people crying on camera after their loss....that is your subculture, and it must be pretty big, because not enough good people find it offensive.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:I didn't find the dogs chasing her funny at all. It was disturbing to me.

It was disturbing to me on several levels.

First, the woman who sicced the dogs on the reporter acted irresponsibly by letting the dogs out. Her actions leave me to wonder if she has done that sort of thing before. In my opinion, she doesn't deserve to have dogs.

Second, I don't really care how upset she was at the reporter's intrusion. She could have chosen to go inside and shut the door, and that would have been the end of it.

But no - this woman had to go ghetto and sic the dogs on the reporter. That is assault. The sad thing is the dogs will probably be impounded and evntually euthanized, and the reporter may face weeks of anti-rabies injections if in fact she was bitten and the dogs' vaccines were not up to date.

Ban stupid people, not dogs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum