Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teo!! Teo!! Come quick.... They are here!!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Redstone Arsenal? No one seems to know (Updated)
on June 04, 2013 at 8:50 PM, updated June 05, 2013 at 7:55 AM

So why is radar showing a mysterious blob above Redstone Arsenal? No one seems to know

WHNT's weather radar shows an unexplained image that showed up on radar screens Tuesday afternoon. The blob was positioned just above Redstone Arsenal. (Contributed photo/WHNT)

Researchers at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and the National Weather Service are working to figure out why radars are showing a mysterious blob above Redstone Arsenal after 1:45 p.m. today, the Times' news partner WHNT News 19 is reporting.

The anomaly showed up late this afternoon and was centered near the northwest edge of Redstone Arsenal close to Zierdt Road and Madison Boulevard/I-565. WHNT reported it was first believed the radar image was being caused by a damaged substation in the Madison or West Huntsville area.

However, Huntsville Utilities used a spectral analyzer to see if a frequency generated at the substation was "tricking" the radar but tests showed no damage or other problems that could be causing the image.

Radar showed no chaff as would be deployed from military aircraft, clouds or anything else in the sky that might be causing the image. Arsenal officials said they did not know what was causing the echo to appear.

While no one seems to know what caused the image, the conspiracy theorists are already abuzz. Posters on various internet sites said a white substance was falling from the sky in the area of Zierdt Road during the same time, while others pointed to another cause - aliens.

Update: Wednesday morning's radar looks clear of mysterious blobs but there does seem to be some rain headed our way. At 10:15 p.m. Tuesday, Times' news partner WHNT News 19 reported the blob was still showing on radar but was dissipating quickly.

It was a weather balloon, Silly.

Teo!! Teo!! Come quick.... They are here!! Huntsvilleweatheranomalysmall

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/06/redstone_radar_blob_whatever_i.html

I live not far from the Arsenal and it was a beautiful and sunny day here yesterday. They do some cool and spooky stuff at the Arsenal....so there's no telling what it was Exclamation Exclamation

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2013/06/scientists_say_radar_blob_over.html

http://vortex.nsstc.uah.edu/uahsevere/img/KHTX_Blob.gif

AL.com Still allows the old PNJ type comments..

I think Obiwan was just in town giving another speech.
2 Hours Ago · Reply

Carl-Adwater
10 years fom now..."Hello my name is Doug, and I have Chaffotheslioma..."
♛ḰЇηḠ ℭґїღṧøη♛, Bama and kindablondee1 like this.
3 Hours Ago · Reply

pinxy
UAH: This feather like material was widely scattered throughout grassy areas along Zierdt Rd
pic.twitter.com/p0QyKgLyDv
3 Hours Ago · Reply

pinxy
UAH confirms fiberglass chaff on Zierdt Rd near point source of high radar reflectivity yesterday:
https://twitter.com/uahsevere/status/3423095823848...
3 Hours Ago · Reply

jreb76
And so the zombie apocalypse begins........
3 Hours Ago · Reply

Life Of Brian
http://lh4.ggpht.com/-6nTuCTgQeyY/UTtOa18FDaI/AAAA...
bubba-JOIN-NoFackingAlabama likes this.
3 Hours Ago · Reply

steveolin1
I think the guy who pulled the wrong lever at the arsenal is the first one to agree that it is only chaff and it was a planned experiment.
3 Hours Ago · Reply

gonzo4428
Was Lt Gen O'Reilly on the Arsenal Tuesday?
jtid82 likes this.
4 Hours Ago · Reply

overlook12
I don't buy the "chaff" idea. The image covers an area from Madison to Huntsville so it should be 8-10 miles in diameter. It would take an awful lot of chaff to cover this area. I would accept possible testing of a new type of electronic counter measures.
4 Hours Ago · Reply

BTownBill
All this has a very logical and sensible explanation. First, some of them Black Helicopters flew in low over the swamp on the arsenal and stirred up a swarm of chaff producing winged bugs, what was in the process of making a big batch of chaff. It skeered them so bad they swarmed up and in the process released all the chaff they had made up and it showed up on the radar screens as an image of something or other. Stuff is harmless to healthy humans, but you can expect a smaller crop of catapla worms next year.
Think this through people, it ain't hard.
Bama and bubba-JOIN-NoFackingAlabama like this.
4 Hours Ago · Reply

bonemoro
I thought "chaffe" was something you got when you wore corduroy pants?
dividebyzero likes this.
4 Hours Ago · Reply

Carl-Adwater
OUCH...like bluejean cutoffs at the beach...
2 Hours Ago · Reply

G. L. Morgan
Unfortunately, there may be more to this story than the picture tells. Such as: what are the size of the particles used in this test; what is the material made of and are the “chaff particles” dangerous to human beings?

This is a test over a large human population. If you trust the military and its contractors to not damage human health for the benefit of defense contractors money, you are uniformed. More information is needed to determine if the test was or is dangerous to the civilian populace.
Bama, kindablondee1, pinxy and Uncle Verne like this.
4 Hours Ago · Reply
View more items

Uncle Verne
My thoughts exactly, any particles fine enough to stay aloft for that long raises serious concerns about possible respiratory effects.
Barb and pinxy like this.
3 Hours Ago · Reply

Barb
Fiberglass + Lungs = BAD
This has now been confirmed as being fiberglass. We will probably never know the full story about this. Secrets, secrets.
Bama likes this.
2 Hours Ago · Reply

ElizaChotard
In Huntsville, there are two schools of thought about this image. It is either (1) something that the engineers on the Arsenal produced, and there is a scientific explanation for it, or (2) it is a sign from God.
4 Hours Ago · Reply

madisonskeptic
It'd probably be a lot smarter to shoot that stuff up somewhere away from a populated area, and when there are not weather systems moving in. I don't need any new-fangled unknown composition chaff on my lawn or in my drinking water, thank you.
ElizaChotard likes this.
4 Hours Ago · Reply

Nekochan

Nekochan

Huntsville is an interesting town. You have some of the smartest people in the world here and then you have some of the biggest rednecks in the world here. And then some of them are one in the same.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Thanks hallmark...here's a nuther...

Teo...Get a cup of coffee or a brew. Its a long one. slow at first but then it picks up

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Thanks hallmark...here's a nuther...

Swamp gas?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

looks like the big pencil I had in the first grade.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:looks like the big pencil I had in the first grade.

It does! lol!

Sal

Sal

Did ya'll see those spaceships flying into that volcano in Mexico?

Google it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:Did ya'll see those spaceships flying into that volcano in Mexico?

Google it.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

another

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:Did ya'll see those spaceships flying into that volcano in Mexico?

Google it.

Holy Shit!!! Those damn aliens made her talk funny/ I could not understand a damn word she said. Poor girl, she was a looker too..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum