Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

For Nekochan.....Present day Chitose

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nekochan

Nekochan

We never made it up to Hokkaido. Always wanted to. Winters look so cold there! Lots of Americans go up there now for the snow festival. We watched a wildlife documentary a few years ago on American TV and Hokkaido is an incredibly beautiful prefecture in the summer season. Were you able to get outside of town for any sightseeing in the wilderness?

Nekochan wrote:We never made it up to Hokkaido. Always wanted to. Winters look so cold there! Lots of Americans go up there now for the snow festival. We watched a wildlife documentary a few years ago on American TV and Hokkaido is an incredibly beautiful prefecture in the summer season. Were you able to get outside of town for any sightseeing in the wilderness?

Yes I travelled the Island a lot. Parts are/were very remote. Most of it was with my girl friend or a group of guys. Buses cheap and very good. Trains were also good but they were more complex to ride. Out side of the larger towns, Almost no one spoke English and very little of the signage was in English. Very scary to be a long ways out in the country and having no idea which train or bus to take. That is why I usually travelled with my "Bed room dictionary" I think the best place was the Hot Springs in Noboribetsu. For a couple of dollars you could use the Gigantic Bathing area in the bottom of the hotel. It had maybe 50 or so separate pools of all different sizes and temperatures. If you got too hot they had a waterfall from the melting snow on top of the mountain to cool you off. Damn It was COLD!!!! LOL
It is a very very beautiful and scenic place. If you ever get a chance, dont pass it up. It is nothing like southern Japan.

Mount Tarumae that had a active volcano

For  Nekochan.....Present day  Chitose 33973_4386481148919_1831618582_n

Mr Eniwa as seem from our very small R R area. Maybe 40 miles or so from post.
For  Nekochan.....Present day  Chitose 69265_4386488469102_1837719048_n

Every Play Pachinko? Our machines in the were the old manual type. Very Noisy and the balls were taken by a belt type deal back up to a central hopper. Gambling was supposed to be illegal but if you knew what prizes to get you could go next door or in the back and exchange them for cash..

Nekochan

Nekochan

Pachinko parlors are everywhere. I've been inside them, but I've never played. They are smoky and very, very noisy. I don't think I could stand staying inside one long enough to play. They apparently have the same "system" today for redeeming prizes, so I have been told. And I think most of them are run by the Yakuza.
In the on-base clubs (CPO, Officers), they have slot machines.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I just watched the video. It's way too quiet and empty to be like a real pachinko parlor, lol. I still for the life of me do not know why people stand there and play that noisy game for hours and hours...to win balls.

Nekochan wrote:I just watched the video. It's way too quiet and empty to be like a real pachinko parlor, lol. I still for the life of me do not know why people stand there and play that noisy game for hours and hours...to win balls.

To noisy and loud is correct. But they spend hours and hours in them. I guess is pretty cheap and gives people something to do. I found it a little too slow and boring. We had slot ,machines on post also. Bingo was big in the NCO club but not as big as Bingo was in Korea. Bigger black market for the prizes in Korea. The Girls in the downtown bars in Korea were all ways wanting you to take them to go play Bingo, Air Force at Kimpo had the biggest games. Big prizes, TVs, Steros, etc you could triple their value if you sold them on the Black Market, But that is another story.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum