Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stooderville and the CMPA doing just fine. Not to worry

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

In weekly
LOSERS
Pensacola Downtown CRA
The Community Redevelopment Agency has lost its director and is doing little to increase revenue to handle payments due on outstanding bonds for the maritime park and to ECUA for relocating its Main Street plant. So, of course, the CRA chairman Brian Spencer and City Administrator Bill Reynolds have suspended any CRA meetings. Only in Pensacola.

Randy Oliver
The former county administrator delivered on Jan. 31 to the mayor, city council and Community Maritime Park Associates his report on the operations of the maritime park. We all thought that was it and waited for Mayor Ashton Hayward to tell the citizens what he will do with the recommendations. Nearly three months later, we learn Oliver has a new final report. Again we wait (thumbs twiddling) for Hayward.

Pensacola Neighborhood Services
In March 2012, the city department was awarded the contract to manage the maritime park. In its proposal, the department projected it would generate $235,000 from concerts, rentals, vendor rentals and miscellaneous. As of March 31, 2013, Neighborhood Services missed the mark by nearly $200,000, taking only $37,115 for those items. It’s only success was charging for parking for Wahoo games and other events. Oliver failed to mention this in his reports. Hmmm.

I hate the BOCC fired Randy Oliver. I thought he was doing a good job but suspect he had run ins with certain stupid Commissioner's that wanted him gone because he wouldnt bow down to some BOCC idiot.

BP Snacks wrote:I hate the BOCC fired Randy Oliver. I thought he was doing a good job but suspect he had run ins with certain stupid Commissioner's that wanted him gone because he wouldnt bow down to some BOCC idiot.

Is he the same dude who used to post on the PNJ forums...?

If so, he once challenged me to a fistfight in the parking lot of Tryon during an election.

Really...?

Red Kneckerson wrote:
BP Snacks wrote:I hate the BOCC fired Randy Oliver. I thought he was doing a good job but suspect he had run ins with certain stupid Commissioner's that wanted him gone because he wouldnt bow down to some BOCC idiot.

Is he the same dude who used to post on the PNJ forums...?

If so, he once challenged me to a fistfight in the parking lot of Tryon during an election.

Really...?

I doubt it. Randy was the County Administrator. Replaced(?) Tourant.

SeaOat, since you seem to be well versed in baseball, can you splain somethiing to me? I was just glancing through the Wahoos roster and was looking at their infielders. I noticed that they do do have a true SS listed on their active roster. The have 3 2B and 2 3B, but no SS. Can you tell me what the deal is with that?

In looking again, I also noticed there is no 1B player listed.

First base I can see platooning at if you had to... but being a ss I don't think a pro team can get away without one.

I could switch to third no prob... but I felt out of place at second.

PkrBum wrote:First base I can see platooning at if you had to... but being a ss I don't think a pro team can get away without one.

I could switch to third no prob... but I felt out of place at second.

That was my line of thinking also.

I guess I am going to have to lighten up on the Wahoos. I was looking at some photos from last nights game and a couple of the Players really reminded me of my son when he played ball. I realized I dont have a issue with the Wahoos or the their players. Just young guys living the dream. But now Stoooooder is a different story...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum