Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I may have accomplished one of my bucket list items

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I have always wanted to play in the World Series of Poker. I have improved my game, but I am still a long way from putting 10k down based on my skills.
Tonight I came in fifth out of a hundred people and won a seat in a tournament which is a 500 k tournament a week before the world series event in Vegas. They give you 4k if you make the final table for your entry fee plus spending money, and then you get a portion of a 129k. So next Sunday I need to finish in the top 10 to go to Vegas. I have been winning tournaments, but these are much better poker players than I am........so we will see.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Congrats, seaoat. I wish you the very best in the next round.
I envy anyone who can play poker and win. I've never figured out how to do the winning part. lol

2seaoat

Its a tough game. Tonight I went all in with ace/king and two others go all in. The flop is King of spades 6 of spades and seven of spades......one person has a pair of tens, I have kings, and the other person has jack/queen.....the next card is a spade, and the jack of spades wins the hand.......cost me 5k, but I am happy I am in the tournament......probabilities and knowledge of the same will make the best poker players......but ace king can be beat by a jack.....an incredible game.

Chips are tools... they work on good players better than bad players... just play your game.

Good luck..!!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

GOOD LUCK I DON'T WANT TO JINX YA...

I may have accomplished one of my bucket list items Maveri10

Nekochan

Nekochan

Congrats, Seaoat! Good luck!

cheers

Jake92

Good luck Seaoat.......

How far down on your bucket list, is it that you will attend a Wahoos games?

2seaoat

How far down on your bucket list, is it that you will attend a Wahoos games?

If I do not make the cut for the tournament, I will make a Yahoo game before the end of the season. If I make the cut, I do not fly anymore. My trip to visit my mother in Phoenix this winter was tough because I need to sleep in a lazy boy to take pressure off my rib cage on the liver tumors. It set off a week and a half of hell. We will drive the Prius to Vegas. I am taking a camping chair which is like a portable Lazy Boy and trying to modify it now so that I will be able to sleep in a chair and not set up any inflammation on the liver surface. If the chair works, I see no problem making the game, but my House in Santa Rosa has a lazy boy......but I am renting it because we could not sell the same......so I will stay at a motel for a couple days and see a game......and count any empty seats.

The other problem is that I may need to play poker for 18 hour sessions. I currently fall asleep at the table when I am tired, and all the dealers know I am sick and they quietly try to wake me up when it is my turn to act.....some of the players think that I have created this poker persona of the sleeping poker player, but I am flat out asleep at the table sometimes. People for the most part are very kind when I slow the game up, but I doubt I could go three or four days of 18 hours......this is why you see more and more young people winning the tournaments.....as you get 9k entries it just becomes an incredible grind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum