Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bands on the Beach

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bands on the Beach Empty Bands on the Beach 5/18/2013, 2:14 am

The Viking

The Viking

Hi all...

Just curious...what types of music are featured? Is it predominantly that whiny, "I'm a guy yet have sand in my vagina because the girl I like, likes someone else" garbage?

More to the point, any metal bands ever featured?

Thanks...

2Bands on the Beach Empty Re: Bands on the Beach 5/18/2013, 8:31 am

bizguy

The Viking wrote:Hi all...

Just curious...what types of music are featured? Is it predominantly that whiny, "I'm a guy yet have sand in my vagina because the girl I like, likes someone else" garbage?

More to the point, any metal bands ever featured?

Thanks...

Wide variety of music styles. Some bands are good and others not so much. Still a great nite out if you like large crowds. Bring your chairs, some food and your dancin shoes. Here's a link to the schedule of bands:

http://visitpensacolabeach.com/what/bands.php

3Bands on the Beach Empty Re: Bands on the Beach 5/18/2013, 9:00 am

Sal

Sal

Haven't heard of any of them, but Johnny Earthquake and the Moondogs is a great name for a band.

4Bands on the Beach Empty Re: Bands on the Beach 5/18/2013, 10:47 am

Here's an all day event that should bring in a crowd..

There will be NO COVER CHARGE
$4.00 Shots of Jose Cuervo

FINAL REVISION :-) Please share accordingly, tag, spread the word..
THE PENSACOLA MUSICIAN'S MEMORIAL; CHAN's, May 19th,
THE 2013 LINE UP & SCHEDULE!!
Emceed by Pcola's very own Rock Royalty & our gave Radio Bad boys; TK101 Icons; JD STONE & Q100's MARK DEAN!! Special appearance, from TK101, as well, HOWARD SEATON & FRANCO's; NEW YORK NICK ZANGARI!
1:00 - 2:20: CROSSFIRE'S JIM SIMONEAUX; TONY HOWARD, PAUL GEROW, DETROIT CITY MADMAN; MARC KAUL & JOEY QUIGGINS!!
2:30 - 3:00: The MIKE DIAMOND Band
3:15 - 3:45: VIBE IRIE, featuring Justin Smegelski & Gary Hudson
4:00 - 4:30: ULTRAVIOLET
4:45 - 5:15: DOUG CURLE & the CURLE BROS BLUES BAND
5:30 - 6:00: TRIBE ZION
6:15 - 6:45: BLACKWATER
7:00 - 7:30: SOMETHING ELSE, featuring Billy Jones, Alan Schulman, & Steve Boyer
7:45 - 8:15: TURBO CRAB, featuring Bobby Williamson from Skidmore Alice
8:30 - 9:00: FISH SANDWICH, featuring Mike Cibula from Everyone's Daughter, & Kelly Gallawa
9:15 - 9:45: NIGHTWINGS, featuring Roger Wease & Alan Schulman
10:00 - 10:30: FRITZ SEVERIN w FLAME & THE HEATERS; Vic Valmus, Doug Merritt, Ken Darnell, & Mac McCraney
10:45 - 11:15: Special feature; DON'T STOP BELIEVING, Journey tribute band!! Featuring the one and THE only, Ace of Bass, ROBBIE RUDD!!
11:30 - 12:00: BLUNDERBUSS, Rocking it, & closing down the show with a bang!!

5Bands on the Beach Empty Thanks! 5/18/2013, 11:39 am

The Viking

The Viking

I was mainly curious as I myself am trying to form another band. (I'm a drummer...) I play anything but I'm an old metal head from way back...Black Sabbath, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, etc. Just wasn't sure if my chosen genre would go over well in what appears to be a bible belty locale...not like that's ever stopped me before...

Have already copyrighted the name: Acrorthosis

Google it for a giggle & tell me a better name for an as-yet unformed metal band exists....

Cheers,
Buster Cherry

6Bands on the Beach Empty Re: Bands on the Beach 5/18/2013, 12:16 pm

bizguy

The Viking wrote:I was mainly curious as I myself am trying to form another band. (I'm a drummer...) I play anything but I'm an old metal head from way back...Black Sabbath, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Children of Bodom, Amon Amarth, etc. Just wasn't sure if my chosen genre would go over well in what appears to be a bible belty locale...not like that's ever stopped me before...

Have already copyrighted the name: Acrorthosis

Google it for a giggle & tell me a better name for an as-yet unformed metal band exists....

Cheers,
Buster Cherry

Not sure if that genre would be well received at Bands on the Beach but there are other venues on the beach to explore...Sand Shaker, The Dock and Capt Funs.

Hmm...I wonder if I can get a disability check now?

7Bands on the Beach Empty Re: Bands on the Beach 5/19/2013, 2:22 am

The Viking

The Viking

[/quote]

Not sure if that genre would be well received at Bands on the Beach but there are other venues on the beach to explore...Sand Shaker, The Dock and Capt Funs.

Hmm...I wonder if I can get a disability check now?[/quote]

Thanks. PRECISELY the feedback I was looking for....

8Bands on the Beach Empty Re: Bands on the Beach 5/19/2013, 4:50 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The Viking wrote:Just wasn't sure if my chosen genre would go over well in what appears to be a bible belty locale.

Cheers,
Buster Cherry

Don't worry. All you need do is attend the Redneck "Bible Belt" Riviera's church picnick (the Hangout Festival) and you'll see that the old devil has now brought the Bible Belt into the mainstream like the rest of the country.
There aint no church services held inside that. Not unless you pray to rock n roll. lol
So now like Atlanta you can sample it all here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum