Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going to the Hospital?...better be careful.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/11856.php

In Hospital Deaths from Medical Errors at 195,000 per Year USA

An average of 195,000 people in the USA died due to potentially preventable, in-hospital medical errors in each of the years 2000, 2001 and 2002, according to a new study of 37 million patient records that was released today by HealthGrades, the healthcare quality company.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

It's a question about Cancer.

About 40,460 deaths from breast cancer occur each year! That number has been falling by 2% every year!

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/11856.php

In Hospital Deaths from Medical Errors at 195,000 per Year USA

An average of 195,000 people in the USA died due to potentially preventable, in-hospital medical errors in each of the years 2000, 2001 and 2002, according to a new study of 37 million patient records that was released today by HealthGrades, the healthcare quality company.

That happened to my mother. She went in for a simple hernia operation and they punctured her esophagus. She nearly died from sepsis.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I always wonder how many get slid under the sheets and go unreported....

2seaoat

There needs to be peer review with teeth......or reverse the tort reform which makes it more difficult for an injured party to seek recourse.....my personal belief that the solution is peer review and transparency. The Doc who screwed up my diagnosis, left after screwing up many other people.....he goes to the next place and screws up, and then the next, and so on........where is the accountability.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum