Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something is happening at Pensacola Beach

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

They had a call for a body in the water and now they just called a hazmat unit. All to moving cell phones now. Intresting. Lets see if the PNJ picks it up or it maybe a bogus call. Just sayin...

Pnj reported suspicious substance found in car on pensacola beach, saw nothing about a body.

no stress

no stress

Just wanted to update this for hallmark. This incident was what is known as a "chemical suicide". A young person put signs on the windows of their car to warn first responders of the hazard then mixed certain types of household chemicals that would produce lethal amounts of toxic vapor. It happens very often around here yet goes unreported by media.

So was the kid successful? Why does it go unreported? So other's won't try it? But if it happens all the time I would imagine quite a few young people know about it. Just wondering if you know. Do they talk to kids at school about this or suicide in general?

Jake92

They never make it public because they worship the almighty tourist $,...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Let me guess...bleach and ammonia.

no stress

no stress

doubtingthomas wrote:So was the kid successful? Why does it go unreported? So other's won't try it? But if it happens all the time I would imagine quite a few young people know about it. Just wondering if you know. Do they talk to kids at school about this or suicide in general?

This soul had been deceased in the vehicle for a number of days before being discovered. Suicides, I guess, really aren't news so I would imagine the media refrains from reporting such unfortunate events. I will not say which chemicals were used other than to say that it was not bleach and ammonia. One can google chemical suicides and get a number of sites that will give you the exact proportions of which chemicals to use. There are many recipes out there. Thank God that these people have the forethought to post warnings on the windows as some of the mixtures can be fatal within one breath of the stuff.

Gunz wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:So was the kid successful? Why does it go unreported? So other's won't try it? But if it happens all the time I would imagine quite a few young people know about it. Just wondering if you know. Do they talk to kids at school about this or suicide in general?

This soul had been deceased in the vehicle for a number of days before being discovered. Suicides, I guess, really aren't news so I would imagine the media refrains from reporting such unfortunate events. I will not say which chemicals were used other than to say that it was not bleach and ammonia. One can google chemical suicides and get a number of sites that will give you the exact proportions of which chemicals to use. There are many recipes out there. Thank God that these people have the forethought to post warnings on the windows as some of the mixtures can be fatal within one breath of the stuff.

Bleach and ammonia sounds like a painful way to die. I'm guessing it would sear the throat and lungs before death. At any rate, I'm glad they don't report the suicides in the PNJ that often. The parents of the child go through enough pain without it being all over the media. I've known three mothers who lost their children to suicide and it's the worst event a parent can endure. I don't think there is ever a full recovery from it.

Markle

Markle

Jake92 wrote:They never make it public because they worship the almighty tourist $,...

When did a suicide become news unless it is some famous person?

Why bring more hurt and pain to the family and friends for no reason?

no stress

no stress

bluemoon wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Bleach and ammonia sounds like a painful way to die. I'm guessing it would sear the throat and lungs before death. At any rate, I'm glad they don't report the suicides in the PNJ that often. The parents of the child go through enough pain without it being all over the media. I've known three mothers who lost their children to suicide and it's the worst event a parent can endure. I don't think there is ever a full recovery from it.

Agreed, now if they would only give us decent protection suits when they require us to clean up scenes where the person used a firearm on themselves.

It should go without saying that you need protective gear in a situation like that. The risks of contamination are huge. Are you with ESAR or are you an EMT? I just made my contribution to ESAR last Sunday. Those guys are real heroes. So are EMT's. I think ESAR is all privately funded.
Some of the stuff you come up on would probably turn my stomach. I couldn't handle it.

no stress

no stress

bluemoon wrote:It should go without saying that you need protective gear in a situation like that. The risks of contamination are huge. Are you with ESAR or are you an EMT? I just made my contribution to ESAR last Sunday. Those guys are real heroes. So are EMT's. I think ESAR is all privately funded.
Some of the stuff you come up on would probably turn my stomach. I couldn't handle it.

I am a 12 year volunteer with ESAR. We just got 5 of our K-9s nationally certified in their respective disciplines over the weekend. Headed to Baton Rouge at the end of the month to do 4 to 5 story carabiner work with K-9 in harness as well as rubble pile work with the LA task force team. I am a career firefighter by trade just love doing volunteer work. Thank you so much for the donation as they depend entirely upon the generosity of folks like yourself.

And thank you back for all your hard work and efforts through the years. ESAR is the kind of organization I don't mind giving to. You guys are worth your weight in gold.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum