Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Obama campaign ad making fun of Romney singing national anthem

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

no stress

no stress

no stress

no stress

I think it is meant for the politically uneducated that dont realize that Obama has done the same things that he accuses Romney of. Canadian bus, stimulus money to an electric car company that was located in another country etc etc.

no stress

no stress

I know this thread is probably kinda boring and I didnt call anyone a bitch, whore or cunt but any opinions are welcome.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My opinion is that I'm suspicious of anything that's said in an advertisement. I've been watching tv advertisements since I was 5 years old. And one thing I've learned about them is they ALWAYS have only one agenda and this applies to every ad which has ever been presented. They will say anything to get you to buy what they're selling. Facts don't matter, truth doesn't matter, fairness doesn't matter. Nothing matters except trying to get you to buy what the ad is selling.
That goes for toothpaste, insurance, beer, lawyering, pocket fishermen, hula hoops, beanie babies or political candidates. Especially political candidates. And it goes for BOTH democrat ads and republican ads.

Markle

Markle

ButtMan wrote:My opinion is that I'm suspicious of anything that's said in an advertisement. I've been watching tv advertisements since I was 5 years old. And one thing I've learned about them is they ALWAYS have only one agenda and this applies to every ad which has ever been presented. They will say anything to get you to buy what they're selling. Facts don't matter, truth doesn't matter, fairness doesn't matter. Nothing matters except trying to get you to buy what the ad is selling.
That goes for toothpaste, insurance, beer, lawyering, pocket fishermen, hula hoops, beanie babies or political candidates. Especially political candidates. And it goes for BOTH democrat ads and republican ads.

Marketing has facinated me since I read Vance Packards "Hidden Persuaders" about 100 years ago. Not so much political ads but others.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

Marketing has facinated me since I read Vance Packards "Hidden Persuaders" about 100 years ago. Not so much political ads but others.
Political ads should be the ones which concern you the most. Because when somebody buys toothpaste because of an ad they aren't going to the polls and voting for the candidate you despise.

NaNook

NaNook

Bob,

You do know companies pay grocery companies for shelf space. A company can spend millions on an ad campaign. They better buy the shelf space first.

Why do you think cereal companies buy shelf space according to the reach of a 4-9 year old kid?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

NaNook wrote:Bob,

You do know companies pay grocery companies for shelf space.
Yes I actually did know that. And I also know they put the high profit stuff up by the register. And I know they make us walk all the way down the aisles past the stuff that's harder to peddle before we get to the back of the store where the more easily sold staples are.
Among a hundred other tricks (like pricing a larger quantity of the same item at a higher per unit cost and making the excuse that "that one is not as high volume a package so it has to be higher priced" when in actuality they know many of us will automatically assume larger quantities are always cheaper and not even price check it).
You didn't think "The Sultan of Cheap" has not boned up on "Getting Ripped Off For Dummies" did you? lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum