Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What has the world come to......banning dodgeball?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://now.msn.com/dodgeball-banned-by-new-hampshire-school-district-in-anti-bullying-campaign

I used to live for dodgeball. Now I have had my bad experiences with dodgeball........like in third grade when winding up to release a monster throw....the ball slipped off my fingers and I nailed my teacher who was sitting on a metal chair at half court......the ball hit her head and her head hit the wall.....it was not pretty.

I loved the game. I loved it because I hate bullies. In scouting you enter boy scouts at about 10-11, yet some scouts are active until their senior year in high school. We would pick teams. The older scouts would always keep the tenderfoots for last. Once the game commenced they would cherry pick on the fifth and sixth graders.......well I could catch anything thrown at me, and I had a flamethrower for an arm and I loved looking them in the eye as two or three of them would zero in on me......I guess that attitude is today why I enjoy poker so much......I learned life lessons playing dodgeball, and these folks think they will social engineer human relations in gym class......nonsense.....grease the mofos.

welcome to the new enlightened world. where all your needs are met and the gov wont let anyone harm you.

Please don't remove your wrist band, stay safely in your white room until it is time to report to your gov appointed job. Of which you will work your 8 hours, then proceed back to your white room. If you like you may stop and purchase with your gov issued monetary implant only 16 ounces of sugary beverage, 2 ounces of granola and a hand full of flax seed.

Enjoy your stay.

2seaoat

a hand full of flax seed.

I had a person spend 5 minutes telling me that hemp seed oil will cure my cancer. Last week a woman spent five minutes on the phone telling me that asparagus will cure my cancer. Three weeks ago it was getting my acidity balanced would cure cancer....but that was only a four minute conversation......so why do I care what the government recommends.....I am not paying any attention to anybody......but if they take the joy of dodgeball away from kids.....they have simply gone too far.

The healing effect of foods on the human body should not be quickly dismissed nor taken lightly.

Sal

Sal

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:The healing effect of foods on the human body should not be quickly dismissed nor taken lightly.

Tru dat.

And, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds are chock full of good stuff.

I get them all in my green smoothie that my wife makes me choke down every morning.

I'm gonna live forever.

Thanks, honey!

2seaoat

The healing effect of foods on the human body should not be quickly dismissed nor taken lightly.

We are born and we die......those are two truths that I can live with.......is it better to extend life until you are 96 alone in a nursing facility....outliving your spouse, your friends, and some of your children.....unable to clean yourself or recognize your grandchildren.......if that is what good nutrition gets you......I feel pretty good right now.

Quality of life and Quantity of life are two different things. They do not always coexist.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:The healing effect of foods on the human body should not be quickly dismissed nor taken lightly.

We are born and we die......those are two truths that I can live with.......is it better to extend life until you are 96 alone in a nursing facility....outliving your spouse, your friends, and some of your children.....unable to clean yourself or recognize your grandchildren.......if that is what good nutrition gets you......I feel pretty good right now.

Well, I have to say Mr. Oats, that's a pretty jaded perspective.

I was just kidding with the "living forever" comment.

I've been around enough death in my years on Earth that I don't fear it.

What I do fear is a poor quality of life due to poor nutrition and lack of exercise.

Every time I venture into a Walmart I'm horrified, and I vow to step it up a notch.

I don't agree with Bill Maher on everything, but I do agree with him when he says the American healthcare crisis is caused by two things only - lack of exercise and the toxic shit we pour into our bodies.

2seaoat

I went into the gas station looking for a snack......it was wall to wall poison.....I got my crackerjacks......said the hell with it.....you only live once.

Crackerjacks? Old school toxins. If Crackerjacks would hurt you no one over 50 would be alive.

2seaoat

Old school toxins

Yep, that prize turned me into a greedy capitalist who was always looking for a bonus at the bottom of the box......

My point is " I Believe Therefore I Am" I think the food that I eat helps me. It may and it may not. But the mind is a very very powerful thing. I also eat all kinds of bad stuff, milk duds, bacon, Candy, energy drinks Etc.
I dismiss the toxic effect of such foods. But I truly believe that the foods I eat for Glaucoma and my cycling activities help.
Please understand me when I say "If you would only do this or eat like this you would not have your cancer" That is condescending Bull shit. Just because I dont have it right now is no guarantee that it might not develop tomorrow. Do what you want to do, Eat what you want to eat. All is good.

2seaoat wrote:http://now.msn.com/dodgeball-banned-by-new-hampshire-school-district-in-anti-bullying-campaign

I used to live for dodgeball. Now I have had my bad experiences with dodgeball........like in third grade when winding up to release a monster throw....the ball slipped off my fingers and I nailed my teacher who was sitting on a metal chair at half court......the ball hit her head and her head hit the wall.....it was not pretty.

I loved the game. I loved it because I hate bullies. In scouting you enter boy scouts at about 10-11, yet some scouts are active until their senior year in high school. We would pick teams. The older scouts would always keep the tenderfoots for last. Once the game commenced they would cherry pick on the fifth and sixth graders.......well I could catch anything thrown at me, and I had a flamethrower for an arm and I loved looking them in the eye as two or three of them would zero in on me......I guess that attitude is today why I enjoy poker so much......I learned life lessons playing dodgeball, and these folks think they will social engineer human relations in gym class......nonsense.....grease the mofos.

Believe this is the same philosophy that attempt to teach there are no 'winners or losers' and further understand that dodgeball has been called school sanctioned 'bullying'...Some just can't keep themselves from messing everything up...

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I went into the gas station looking for a snack......it was wall to wall poison.....I got my crackerjacks......said the hell with it.....you only live once.

I recently gave up sugar for 8 weeks after watching a video on how toxic fructose actually is. But, I have been cheating because I cannot stay away from milk chocolate.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:My point is " I Believe Therefore I Am" I think the food that I eat helps me. It may and it may not. But the mind is a very very powerful thing. I also eat all kinds of bad stuff, milk duds, bacon, Candy, energy drinks Etc.
I dismiss the toxic effect of such foods. But I truly believe that the foods I eat for Glaucoma and my cycling activities help.
Please understand me when I say "If you would only do this or eat like this you would not have your cancer" That is condescending Bull shit. Just because I dont have it right now is no guarantee that it might not develop tomorrow. Do what you want to do, Eat what you want to eat. All is good.

I also enjoy bacon very much. I have been eating Fleischmann's margarine since the 1950s. Of course, the rest of my family have graduated to Smart Balance, but I have refused to budge. Probably the most healthful thing I have done in recent years is give up the two 12-ounce cans of Coke I used to consume daily. I am not a cofee drinker, but love cola. I drink about one or two Cokes every 8 weeks or so now, and relish it when I get it, but not daily any more.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Sugar and salt......walmart carts........wide and round.....I simply am astounded..........we are a country of very heavy folks........and the gas station is like a crack cocaine dealer.....making bucks off of things which hurt us.....but Mayor Bloomberg.....he wants to help.......and the school board member thinks you stop bullying by telling everybody how great they are......lets have the kids in physical education twiddle their thumbs........take their tums.......wide and round.......walmart carts........sugar and salt.................and no more spite........nothing tight.....we are soft in mind and body.........and dodgeball is the problem..........

I think the fear of dying has driven alot of things in our societies... religion, healthcare, policies, controls, prohibitions... etc.

As for dodge ball... they called me the arm in middle school. I think I broke just as many glasses playing volleyball tho.

2seaoat

As for dodge ball... they called me the arm in middle school. I think I broke just as many glasses playing volleyball tho.

It was a fun time......I would walk the railroad tracks in the woods.....I could pick up a stone and hit a chipmunk between the eyes from fifty feet.....I did not mean to kill the damn thing.....just get close and have it scramble back into his hole.....pop.....right between the eyes.........stud on all the little league teams as I pitched fire.......then in eight grade.....undercut on a rebound in a game, and broke my wrist two radi, and they set and put an old fashion plaster cast on for six weeks......my elbow did not flex for six weeks during a time I was rapidly growing......I broke it in March........never pitched that summer, and the next year........I could not get my velocity....my wrist would fail on pull ups, and to this day a tendon will catch on a bone spur on my right wrist..........the good news......I played tennis left handed for six months, and permanently screwed up my backhand.....I would continually switch the racket to my left hand and with long monkey arms.....I never developed good footwork because I always seemed to get the ball over, and a very weak backhand return was ingrained......now I was compromised in baseball and tennis......thank you golf.

I knew when they banned yard darts and clacker balls the one day dodge ball would be there too.. Shocked

boards of FL

boards of FL

Lurch wrote:I knew when they banned yard darts and clacker balls the one day dodge ball would be there too.. Shocked

I actually have a friend who lives over in England. He came and visited for a week a few years ago and somehow we got to talking about old school lawn darts. I mentioned how they were banned in the US some years ago and he thought that was crazy.

Weeks later after he and his wife had returned to Okehampton, I received a fairly large package of decent weight. It was a set of lawn darts. Banned or not, it's still a great game for the backyard! Just make sure your dogs are inside and the dog door is shut.

2seaoat

Banned or not, it's still a great game for the backyard!

Agreed......but then again.....I do not drink my gin and tonics anymore. I had a good friend who had a couple sets of the jarts and rings. We would get a group and golf, and then the wives would join us at his house....we would drink, and then around 8pm we would start some serious competition.....we would drink some more......it would get dark.....so we would take his wife's decorator candles.......and place them in the center of the rings......well it was dark.....damn that game is for real dangerous when you have a bunch of drunks playing it in the dark.....My friend in the morning would find two or three jart stuck in his garage roof.....over the years he had to reroof his garage before the house because he leaked.......we never by the grace of god put one in each other's heads......but it would take the next morning before anybody would notice.

2seaoat wrote:As for dodge ball... they called me the arm in middle school. I think I broke just as many glasses playing volleyball tho.

It was a fun time......I would walk the railroad tracks in the woods.....I could pick up a stone and hit a chipmunk between the eyes from fifty feet.....I did not mean to kill the damn thing.....just get close and have it scramble back into his hole.....pop.....right between the eyes.........stud on all the little league teams as I pitched fire.......then in eight grade.....undercut on a rebound in a game, and broke my wrist two radi, and they set and put an old fashion plaster cast on for six weeks......my elbow did not flex for six weeks during a time I was rapidly growing......I broke it in March........never pitched that summer, and the next year........I could not get my velocity....my wrist would fail on pull ups, and to this day a tendon will catch on a bone spur on my right wrist..........the good news......I played tennis left handed for six months, and permanently screwed up my backhand.....I would continually switch the racket to my left hand and with long monkey arms.....I never developed good footwork because I always seemed to get the ball over, and a very weak backhand return was ingrained......now I was compromised in baseball and tennis......thank you golf.

I could never get the hang of pitching... maybe it was the mound because I was fine playing ss or as catcher. I had several coaches try to teach me... but after I pluncked a few kids they would give up... even had an opposing coach threaten to pull his team off the field. I might be even wilder with my driver and long irons... and I think putting is the hardest thing to do in sports.

2seaoat

but after I pluncked a few kids they would give up... even had an opposing coach threaten to pull his team off the field.

LOL......I had a son who was so gifted in baseball.....he just could throw fire and had excellent accuracy.....but he had a head case....it drove me crazy. I always believed that if you did not get the calls from the ump....you put your head down, and throw one dead cinch center so that he could not dispute it.....but my son thought glares....verbal mumblings under his breadth....kicking dirt and rolling his eyes was acceptable......so I simply told him if the ump has made a terrible call, and rather than making a fool out of yourself.....do not get angry.....put the next one in his chest protector.......In my infinite wisdom, I thought he would stop the childish behavior.....never did I think he would take me literally......well the game he did what I told him to do..... was the day he hit an ump who was not wearing a chest protector.....just a mask and his counter......whack......he took a couple of minutes to gain his composure....he was not hurt, but I am certain he was bruised, and as the inning ends....my son comes into the dugout and glares at me and then announces.......well you told me.............instant focus from all the parents on Seaoat.......they were waiting to see my response......had this parent really instructed his son to whack the ump........sadly my son finally listened to me when I was only being figurative......but the ump called a pretty good game after that....I think he got low behind the catcher for protection, and found out he could see balls and strikes better.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 3/29/2013, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:I went into the gas station looking for a snack......it was wall to wall poison.....I got my crackerjacks......said the hell with it.....you only live once.

Mr. Oats, you just got + from me . . . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum