Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are we supposed to believe all this bad news about North Korea?

+2
Hospital Bob
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Consider: China can shut down N. Korea ANYTIME it wants to. Does anyone here really believe that China will okay a nuclear strike by N. Korea on China's largest customer for manufactured goods?

For some reason, whenever I hear the news media start exposing menacing threats from some foreign country we don't like, I remember the same crapola used to get support for our invasion of Iraq, and the "surge" in Afghanistan, etc.

Consider: President Obama's administration has considerably reduced the military budget -- mostly based upon our having left Iraq and scheduling our 2014 exit from Aghanistan.

If you were a major weapons manufacturer what could you do to increase military spending? How about helping to build some new threats!! Let's run that up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes ...

After all, now that the Dear Leader in N. Korea is threatening to wipe out Brooklyn and San Francisco, we surely need to instantly pour zillions into more missile defense systems ... right?

Who are we supposed to believe anymore?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Wordslinger wrote:

Who are we supposed to believe anymore?

When it gets beyond your friends and relatives it gets pretty tough to know.
And when all you have to go on is what you're getting from the television or the internet, I'm just too skeptical to believe any of it any longer.

2seaoat

You are evidently not a very good student of history. North Korea is the only real deal in the world today.......so we have conveniently turned our head. We did not turn our head because they were some harmless threat....no we have 38k Americans in harms way, and if you think Korea is going to waste their time sending ICBMs over the pacific.....not a chance. They have 38k Americans at risk today, and the are F-ing determined to keep the external devil of the United States alive and well to keep their totalitarian regime in place.........Iran, Iraq, and Afghnastan.......nursery school.....Korea is the real deal. If you think China is controlling North Korea......well you are clearly not in touch with the last decade of negotiations. China leverages the uncertainty of crazy to its advantage......but this is not like putting a harness on a pony at the kiddie park......this is a wild bronco......and China loves the fear and uncertainty.....but they do not have a bridle on that horse.

If you want a conspiracy.....ask the question why is it in American vital interests to have 38k Americans at the DMZ for over 50 years after the Korean War was concluded......they make North Korea relevant, and they make the Military Industrial complex happy.....but to then jump to the conclusion that Korea is some kind of harmless puppet or horse under control by China......nope.

They are the real deal. They scare me and I don't believe much of anything.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:They are the real deal. They scare me and I don't believe much of anything.

Yes, but there is at least one poster who might come here and tell us once again that Iran is a bigger threat than NK--and we must either bomb Iran ourselves, or allow the Israelis to bomb Iran. I, for one, just cannot fathom how Iran, which has not yet produced a nuclear bomb, is more of a threat than North Korea, which has already exploded three bombs (plus, they have threatened to attack U.S. interests-that is more than just an existential threat).

It is that fuzzy neocon logic, I suppose. Very fuzzy indeed!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:They are the real deal. They scare me and I don't believe much of anything.

Yes, but there is at least one poster who might come here and tell us once again that Iran is a bigger threat than NK--and we must either bomb Iran ourselves, or allow the Israelis to bomb Iran. I, for one, just cannot fathom how Iran, which has not yet produced a nuclear bomb, is more of a threat than North Korea, which has already exploded three bombs (plus, they have threatened to attack U.S. interests-that is more than just an existential threat).

Today, North Korea may be a bigger threat than Iran. That is not an excuse for allowing Iran to become more dangerous.

If you recall, it was then Senator telling us that Iran was not dangerous, they were little tiny countries. (Cuba, Venezuela, Iran) What happened, all those security briefings President Barack Hussein Obama he skipped are being re-addressed and he is waking up to the fact that the world was, is and will be a very dangerous place.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle says we must not allow Iran to become more dangerous. What gives us the right to determine what another country may have, when we have thousands of nuclear bombs?

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Today, North Korea may be a bigger threat than Iran. That is not an excuse for allowing Iran to become more dangerous.

If you recall, it was then Senator telling us that Iran was not dangerous, they were little tiny countries. (Cuba, Venezuela, Iran) What happened, all those security briefings President Barack Hussein Obama he skipped are being re-addressed and he is waking up to the fact that the world was, is and will be a very dangerous place.

Wordslinger wrote:Markle says we must not allow Iran to become more dangerous. What gives us the right to determine what another country may have, when we have thousands of nuclear bombs?

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Because as a country we are supposed to make decisions based on whats GOOD FOR US. why don't people get this?

Sal

Sal

They're just rattling the cage because they're hungry again.

The new Dear Leader needs to demonstrate he can bring home the bacon.

pig

Did The Worm get under his skin and give him an itch that needs to be scratched....?

I wonder how much it's costing us to patrol their skies w/ Stealth Bombers...?

Get us out of S. Korea and if the NK threat morphs into action, remove them from the globe.

NK is a threat in their immediate geographic area, they are quite capable of virtually destroying South Korea and given their fanaticism who knows what they are planning. It is not in Chinas interest for a war between the 2 Koreas to occur - they don't want to deal with the certain influx of refugees from North Korea.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

nochain wrote:NK is a threat in their immediate geographic area, they are quite capable of virtually destroying South Korea and given their fanaticism who knows what they are planning. It is not in Chinas interest for a war between the 2 Koreas to occur - they don't want to deal with the certain influx of refugees from North Korea.

I read the other day that NK only has 30 days worth of fuel. That tells me if they want to conquer the South, they will have to do it mostly on foot.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
nochain wrote:NK is a threat in their immediate geographic area, they are quite capable of virtually destroying South Korea and given their fanaticism who knows what they are planning. It is not in Chinas interest for a war between the 2 Koreas to occur - they don't want to deal with the certain influx of refugees from North Korea.

I read the other day that NK only has 30 days worth of fuel. That tells me if they want to conquer the South, they will have to do it mostly on foot.

Yep, their logistics problem is their Achilles Heel. Strategy Page had a little article though that stated the NKs could launch 500,000 artillery and rocket rounds on the South in about an hour. Of course building up that arsenal positioned to shoot would be noticed. It's more likely they will stage another incident as with the patrol boat they sank so they claim a "victory" of some sort. It would be nice to yank the 38K personnel we have staged there back to the states and let the two Koreas sort out their own problems.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum