Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bradley Manning May Win Nobel Peace Prize

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

You know why the U.S. government is throwing the book at Manning? It isn't that he outed secrets ... it's all because the secrets he outed revealed slimy, crooked, and traitorous moves by those we're supposed to trust. In simple terms, what "our" government wants is to keep its nasty moves -- like harassing NGOs, legitimate protestors, supporting tyrannical dictators, defending corporations that knowingly poison and kill innocent people for profits, and the ability to continue their secret operations for rendition, torture and assassination of anyone they choose. Manning's actions, sure to be copied by other truth heroes, threaten tyrants -- that's why they want to make sure he suffers copiously.

Manning isn't a whistleblower, he's a modern truth hero -- no different than Daniel Ellsberg, Julian Assange, Ralph Nader, Bernie Sanders, and dozens of other Americans who vociferously demand governmental transparency.

Our government, owned and operated now by a collection of greedy mega-corps whose only concern is profit, wants the right to commit crimes kept private. Screw America Inc.!

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

If President Obama can win one for nothing. Then this guy's a shoe-in. They'll probably give him a couple.

Wordslinger wrote:You know why the U.S. government is throwing the book at Manning? It isn't that he outed secrets ... it's all because the secrets he outed revealed slimy, crooked, and traitorous moves by those we're supposed to trust. In simple terms, what "our" government wants is to keep its nasty moves -- like harassing NGOs, legitimate protestors, supporting tyrannical dictators, defending corporations that knowingly poison and kill innocent people for profits, and the ability to continue their secret operations for rendition, torture and assassination of anyone they choose. Manning's actions, sure to be copied by other truth heroes, threaten tyrants -- that's why they want to make sure he suffers copiously.

Manning isn't a whistleblower, he's a modern truth hero -- no different than Daniel Ellsberg, Julian Assange, Ralph Nader, Bernie Sanders, and dozens of other Americans who vociferously demand governmental transparency.

Our government, owned and operated now by a collection of greedy mega-corps whose only concern is profit, wants the right to commit crimes kept private. Screw America Inc.!

He's a bigger traitor than the Pollard guy by far and won't be getting anything but Bubba's weiner where the "sun don't shine" once this trial is done.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I agree, Wordslinger. Manning is a true patriot. Peedog wouldn't understand.

Floridatexan wrote:

I've got more time deployed than you have sitting on the crapper batwinger. I defend you right to make an ass of yourself here on the forum.

.22 to the back of the head is all he deserves... and I don't even support the actions he leaked.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

He tried more conventional means to get the information out...and ran into a brick wall.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Looks like, depending on who you talk to, this guy is either a hero or he's a traitor. About like obama.
Me, I aint got a clue. It's all a mystery to me.

But that Nobel Peace Prize thing impresses me about as much as who wins American Idol.

NaNook

NaNook

Wordslinger wrote:You know why the U.S. government is throwing the book at Manning? It isn't that he outed secrets ... it's all because the secrets he outed revealed slimy, crooked, and traitorous moves by those we're supposed to trust. In simple terms, what "our" government wants is to keep its nasty moves -- like harassing NGOs, legitimate protestors, supporting tyrannical dictators, defending corporations that knowingly poison and kill innocent people for profits, and the ability to continue their secret operations for rendition, torture and assassination of anyone they choose. Manning's actions, sure to be copied by other truth heroes, threaten tyrants -- that's why they want to make sure he suffers copiously.

Are you saying our President Obama is trying to hide war crimes? Obama has been in charge since 2009. Did the "greedy mega-corps" support the re-election of Obama?

Yes, yes they did.....

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Please give me a little more insight into your point of view. What Manning exposed was a bunch of material that clearly proved our government is deeply and criminally involved in a number of international intrigues that are, by any rational person's perception, embarrassing, humiliating, facetious, cruel and in several cases, downright stupid.

Am I to take it you approve of such acts, or that you're just incensed that anyone would have the guts to out the material? Are you tossing that cliche "my country right or wrong" at us? And, while we're at it, do you feel the same about Daniel Ellsberg and the material he gave the media about our government and the war in Vietnam?

Seriously, if your government takes secret actions that kill Americans, cost enormous sums of taxpayer dollars, and make our international relations considerably more difficult, if not impossible, nobody should make that information public? Because that's exactly what your response indicates.

If that's your position, I'd really like to hear you defend it.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

He's a bigger traitor than the Pollard guy by far and won't be getting anything but Bubba's weiner where the "sun don't shine" once this trial is done.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Are we to now judge intellect, credibility and correctness by how long someone was "deployed?" Hell I've know idiots with 30 years' service who haven't the sense to come in out of the rain. Blowing the whistle on some secret insane, immoral and costly act the government did does, in many cases, cause good changes to be made. Like getting the hell out of Vietnam, and hopefully, out of Iraq and Afghanistan. Hooray for whistleblowers like Ellsberg and Manning.

Pollard is a different situation. Neither Manning nor Ellsberg released secret government data for personal profit. I don't figure Manning or Ellsberg to be spies ... and neither should you even if you were deployed longer than Floridatexan spent on the crapper. LOL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I've got more time deployed than you have sitting on the crapper batwinger. I defend you right to make an ass of yourself here on the forum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum