Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Greatest Retirement Crisis in History is Looming

+7
Hospital Bob
knothead
NaNook
bizguy
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
Sal
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

You can live very well on far less than you might think.................

Nekochan

Nekochan

True Hallmark. We sure did when I was growing up.

But you have your priorities in order which is a priceless thing that a lot of people never achieve.

I would be very embarrassed if all of you found out how little money I live on. But for my life style, I live very well. Relearning to cook instead of eating out has been a real adventure. I still enjoy nice restaurants, just not as often as I used to. I admit, it is not of everyone but for some of us, it works quite well.

Nekochan

Nekochan

When I was a kid, we would go to McDonalds maybe twice a year. It was a special treat. We never went to restaurants with servers.

The problem with having everything is that nothing is special or appreciated.

Sal

Sal

hallmarkgrad2 wrote: I would be very embarrassed if all of you found out how little money I live on. But for my life style, I live very well. Relearning to cook instead of eating out has been a real adventure. I still enjoy nice restaurants, just not as often as I used to. I admit, it is not of everyone but for some of us, it works quite well.

Why embarrassed?

I think a frugal and simple lifestyle is to be admired.

The older I get, the more find I materialism to be nothing but a burden.

I often think monks must be very content and satisfied people.

I am a pretty good cook. It occurred to me that I have never made corn bread from scratch. So I did. Sometimes very simple things can make you smile LOL I was so proud of my results, that I took a pic. Duh.... lol
The Greatest Retirement Crisis in History is Looming - Page 3 30241nn

Sal

Sal

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:I am a pretty good cook. It occurred to me that I have never made corn bread from scratch. So I did. Sometimes very simple things can make you smile LOL I was so proud of my results, that I took a pic. Duh.... lol
The Greatest Retirement Crisis in History is Looming - Page 3 30241nn

Looks good.

I make corn bread from scratch, but always in a cast iron skillet.

Every once in a while tho, I have to break down and bake a box of Jiffy brand corn bread like my mother always made.

Guilty pleasures.

lol

Yella

Yella

I think of all the money that previous administrations "Borrowed" form Social Security and Medicare only to never repay. If we still had all that in the two accounts things would not be as bleak, not stable but better.
And now we have squandered all that money on war for the rich to get richer.

We are our own worst enemy.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

hallmarkgrad2 wrote: I would be very embarrassed if all of you found out how little money I live on. But for my life style, I live very well. Relearning to cook instead of eating out has been a real adventure. I still enjoy nice restaurants, just not as often as I used to. I admit, it is not of everyone but for some of us, it works quite well.

I will sit at your feet and learn oh great master of frugality...Just call me Teo-san..

I will sit at your feet and learn oh great master of frugality...Just call me Teo-san..

Forced frugality and simple living due to poor financial decisions requires very few skills. It is easily aquired.. So say I. Carry on and keep the faith. Harrmarkasan

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:I will sit at your feet and learn oh great master of frugality...Just call me Teo-san..

Forced frugality and simple living due to poor financial decisions requires very few skills. It is easily aquired.. So say I. Carry on and keep the faith. Harrmarkasan

You have learned much, grasshopper.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Joanimaroni wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0Nf4l7LTdo

The Greatest Retirement Crisis in History is Looming - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyP5UgzxO69XOGVCGEUz6Omp7vaEz9Vj5VRwBe5reAOYoXfe_M

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmYCM4CS8o

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum