Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

236,000 jobs added in February. Unemployment edges down to 7.7%.

+3
Floridatexan
2seaoat
boards of FL
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 236,000 in February, and the unemployment rate edged down to 7.7 percent, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Employment increased in professional and business services, construction, and health care.

http://bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Private sector employment increased by 246,000. Government sector employment decreased by 10,000.

2seaoat

This news will help moderate the news to come post the big S........we do find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot.

boards of FL wrote:Private sector employment increased by 246,000. Government sector employment decreased by 10,000.

How many of the 246K are now under-employed? I was just watching a talk about it on CNN and one person estimated that the under-employment was at 14.6%. Of course I am not as good at statistics as you are, maybe you could interrupt it for me.

Ohhhhh "underemployment"....Obamabots don't want to talk about that at all. They just think JOBS are JOBS, no matter what the pay.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You beat me to the punch, Boards.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/03/08/185236/february-was-a-breakout-month.html

Jobs report is a much better indicator of overall economic health than GDP.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

It all looks rosy until you realize the unemployment numbers do not include people who have quit looking for a job. If all of the unemployed people quit looking for a job unemployment would be 0%. Liars Figure and Figures Lie.

knothead

knothead

Glass half full OR glass half empty? . . . . . depends on your point-of-view now doesn't it? We know the economy is a long way from where it could be called 'healthy' but despite all the naysayers I say the glass is half full . . . .

boards of FL

boards of FL

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Private sector employment increased by 246,000. Government sector employment decreased by 10,000.

How many of the 246K are now under-employed? I was just watching a talk about it on CNN and one person estimated that the under-employment was at 14.6%. Of course I am not as good at statistics as you are, maybe you could interrupt it for me.

I'm not sure as to how to track "under-employed" workers, though all alternative measures - including those that account for discouraged workers - of unemployment declined.

http://bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t15.htm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I think you meant: interpret. No big deal. Just saying.

But, you can bet they cook the numbers. Doesn't matter what party is in power. Then again, it does matter to the liberal media. There for everyone to see. They just need to look. Alas, there are so many that won't do anything but listen to the liberal drive-by-media.
Rolling Eyes

knothead

knothead

VectorMan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

But, you can bet they cook the numbers. Doesn't matter what party is in power. Then again, it does matter to the liberal media. There for everyone to see. They just need to look. Alas, there are so many that won't do anything but listen to the liberal drive-by-media.
Rolling Eyes

As usual, any positive news no matter how small the advancement, it is the media . . . . . good grief! Can't we accept that we have some things that are improving?

knothead wrote:Glass half full OR glass half empty? . . . . . depends on your point-of-view now doesn't it? We know the economy is a long way from where it could be called 'healthy' but despite all the naysayers I say the glass is half full . . . .

And when you "smoke and mirrors" people finally get to 5% unemployment and income tax revenues are still below where they were the last time we were at 5%, are you STILL going to say everything is OK?

knothead wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

As usual, any positive news no matter how small the advancement, it is the media . . . . . good grief! Can't we accept that we have some things that are improving?

We'd be improving if EVERYONE who WANTED a JOB could GET a JOB.

Margin Call

Margin Call

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
knothead wrote:Glass half full OR glass half empty? . . . . . depends on your point-of-view now doesn't it? We know the economy is a long way from where it could be called 'healthy' but despite all the naysayers I say the glass is half full . . . .

And when you "smoke and mirrors" people finally get to 5% unemployment and income tax revenues are still below where they were the last time we were at 5%, are you STILL going to say everything is OK?

Well, at 7.7% unemployment, individual income tax receipts are about what they were in 2007 (total receipts are at an all-time high), so you should be the first to say everything is OK.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Who said everything is OK? Improving, yes, but far from "OK". BTW, for you and MarkieMark and a few others who wore blinders from 2000-2008, which party was in the WH when the economy collapsed?

.....and who exacerbated the downward spiral at warp speed once getting the WH and Congress that only lasted one election?

2seaoat

I am the exception. I believe as babyboomers retire.....they will have disposable income and time......younger folks will take their jobs......and our economy will modestly grow.....our deficits will shrink, and we will have stable and intelligent growth......I think good things are ahead. Real estate will not bounce completely back, but will see modest growth and stability. In short.....the next decade looks pretty good with our balance of trade deficit shrinking, and Americans enjoying prosperity again......slowly, but none the less good things are coming.

knothead

knothead

Floridatexan wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Who said everything is OK? Improving, yes, but far from "OK". BTW, for you and MarkieMark and a few others who wore blinders from 2000-2008, which party was in the WH when the economy collapsed?

DUH.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum