Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your top twenty five movies of all time.....make your list and compare

+5
Hospital Bob
knothead
Slicef18
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Between the Coen Bros and QT, there's almost a list of 20 on a stand alone basis.

Mr. Pink: I don't tip, I don't believe in it. She don't make enough money she can quit. I don't tip because society says I have to, I'll tip if someone really puts forth the effort. Tipping automatically is for the birds....She only filled my coffee cup 3 times, I want it filled 6 times.

I have Resevoir Dogs and I've watched it over 10 times. It's still rock solid.

Barton Fink, Raisin' Arizona, Fargo, No Country, True Romance, Natural Born Killers, Inglorious Basterds, Miller's Crossing, Burn after Reading, Four Rooms, Oh Brother, Where Art Thou, Kill Bill, Grindhouse, Big Lebowski, etc, etc....

Top shelf indeed.

talknstang

i am not seeing "Strange Brew" on anybody's list, whats up with that? lol

Sal wrote:I see quite a few people have Tarantino movies on their lists.

My favorite Tarantino film is one that is hardly ever mentioned - Jackie Brown.

I loved that movie!

Favorite comedy - Talladega Nights - The Ballad of Ricky Bobby.

tarintino is a fucking insane bastard.

pulp fiction was stupid, and kill bill was only good because of the sexy ladies and cool music. the rest of his shit is that, just shit.

2seaoat

pulp fiction was stupid

It was very good. Definitely one of those movies that should be on a list, but my problem with most of the movies on most folk's lists are that they are recent movies, and they are pop culture.......all of those I love, but as a kid I saw some amazing movies, and when I see them again......they just blow away modern movies. I am shocked that few have put Orsen Well's citizen Kane. I am now spending time in the paradise which was his rosebud......and the movie is still to this day as powerful as it was the first time I saw it.

Five Easy Pieces was Nicholson's best but the power of that movie......went far beyond the screen.....simply powerful...........so when I see QT movies....I love them, but quite honestly they are predictable and often very mundane. The exception to that is Pulp Fiction which really I think with time will make many of the top lists by critics and fans........and stupid........I think is not a good description of the same.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:pulp fiction was stupid

It was very good. Definitely one of those movies that should be on a list, but my problem with most of the movies on most folk's lists are that they are recent movies, and they are pop culture.......all of those I love, but as a kid I saw some amazing movies, and when I see them again......they just blow away modern movies. I am shocked that few have put Orsen Well's citizen Kane. I am now spending time in the paradise which was his rosebud......and the movie is still to this day as powerful as it was the first time I saw it.

Five Easy Pieces was Nicholson's best but the power of that movie......went far beyond the screen.....simply powerful...........so when I see QT movies....I love them, but quite honestly they are predictable and often very mundane. The exception to that is Pulp Fiction which really I think with time will make many of the top lists by critics and fans........and stupid........I think is not a good description of the same.

Speaking of old movies I couldn't resist listing Shane as #1, partly because I loved the traditional good guy bad guy paradigm, but also because Van Heflin talked with me quite a lot about the making of the film so I felt a personal connection. No one listed On Golden Pond which I liked very much or Easy Rider, one of Nicholson's first.

2seaoat wrote:pulp fiction was stupid

2seaoat

Loved all three of those, and Easy Rider will always be close to me because in the period.....it really moved me. It is funny, that when I see it now....some of the things which moved me in the late 60s do not translate and parts of the movie just become an exercise in watching a period piece....not the earthshaking culture changing connection it was in my youth.....but five easy pieces gets better every time I see it, and I have no explanation as to why that is because Easy Rider was on my favorites list in the 70s.

2seaoat wrote:Loved all three of those, and Easy Rider will always be close to me because in the period.....it really moved me. It is funny, that when I see it now....some of the things which moved me in the late 60s do not translate and parts of the movie just become an exercise in watching a period piece....not the earthshaking culture changing connection it was in my youth.....but five easy pieces gets better every time I see it, and I have no explanation as to why that is because Easy Rider was on my favorites list in the 70s.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

A movie I forgot to list:

15. Lawrence of Arabia

2seaoat wrote:Loved all three of those, and Easy Rider will always be close to me because in the period.....it really moved me. It is funny, that when I see it now....some of the things which moved me in the late 60s do not translate and parts of the movie just become an exercise in watching a period piece....not the earthshaking culture changing connection it was in my youth.....but five easy pieces gets better every time I see it, and I have no explanation as to why that is because Easy Rider was on my favorites list in the 70s.

Five Easy Pieces...oh hell yeah. 5 simples tunes he learned on piano. Brilliant film, and Jack is so intense.

"....hold the chicken salad between your knees..."

West Side Story
The Big Chill
From Here To Eternity
Dog Day Afternoon
Taxi Driver
Clockwork Orange
Big
Brazil
Meaning of Life
Back To the Future
Annie Hall
The Mechanic
Serpico
The Great Escape
The Big Sleep
The Last Picture Show
Driving Miss Daisy
Basketball Diary's
Stalag 17

In fact, today has felt like a Dog Day Afternoon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum