Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rand Paul needs to go

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Rand Paul needs to go - Page 3 Empty Re: Rand Paul needs to go 3/7/2013, 7:08 pm

2seaoat

It's odd that you can see the increase in police and prisons but are unable to figure out how that happens.

No my friend.....I have spent a lifetime fighting government intrusions, not with words either....but in the end when we are talking about enemy combatants in a paradigm which does not neatly fit into the parameters of war in the 18th century, you err on the side of security. The courts have always made convincing arguments for the same. Once the threshold question of enemy combatant has been established, I do not think any constitutional rights attach. Now can we make mistakes in that threshold question......yes mistakes can be made, but to argue that the entire act is unconstitutional because of a mistake.....no....you are wrong. To argue that their are no safeguards against abuse.....well look at the war powers.....and answer me this question. If congress had declared war against Iraq, and President Bush decided to drop 40 neutron bombs killing every person in that country and leaving all buildings and oil production intake.......would he not have followed his constitutional mandate.....would your moral compass be right?

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum