Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Facebook Becoming A Fading Fad?

+3
Margin Call
2seaoat
cool1
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I am not a big fan of Facebook, never have been. I remember a time when it was quite common to be asked, "Do you have a Facebook account?"

Recently, let's say for the past year or so, this question seems to be asked fewer and fewer times. The media does't seem to be harping on employers accessing their employees Facebook accounts like they used to.

I am finding more and more people who do not have a Facebook account as opposed to those who do; or those who do say they hardly access it at all anymore.

So, do you think it's slowly loosing it's fan appeal?

cool1

cool1

I use facebook to keep up with family--I dont post on my status to much but I like to see whats up with everyone---started out with myspace but all of them jumped over to facebook.

I only joined because I have family in Europe and Australia that I have never met. Because of FB, now I have Very Happy
My niece from Aus just left here, and one of my brothers and one of my sisters in Aust are coming in June! Can't wait to meet them.
Love it because of that, also to keep up with the rest of my large family, who is spread out all over the west coast.

2seaoat

no facebook account.........none anticipated.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Facebook has simply replaced reading toothpaste ingredients while on the potty.

Yella

Yella

Architeuthis wrote:I am not a big fan of Facebook, never have been. I remember a time when it was quite common to be asked, "Do you have a Facebook account?"

Recently, let's say for the past year or so, this question seems to be asked fewer and fewer times. The media does't seem to be harping on employers accessing their employees Facebook accounts like they used to.

I am finding more and more people who do not have a Facebook account as opposed to those who do; or those who do say they hardly access it at all anymore.

What I have noticed is that it has become a political sounding board for disgruntled Republicans who hate Obama and tend to publish sleazy cartoons about him.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

A View

[quote="Architeuthis"]I am not a big fan of Facebook, never have been. I remember a time when it was quite common to be asked, "Do you have a Facebook account?"

So, do you think it's slowly loosing it's fan appeal?[/quote]

I don't know about "loosing",maybe losing it's appeal I will agree on.

A View wrote:I don't know about "loosing",maybe losing it's appeal I will agree on.

Practicing your version of the "pecking order" over a typo? How sad.

boards of FL

boards of FL

I sort of agree with Margin's comment. I check facebook in situations in which I am waiting around: taking a dump at work, in an elevator, eating lunch by myself. Basically, some condition has to be met before I decide that checking facebook is the best optional use of any given point in time.

knothead

knothead

No desire whatsoever to join FB . . . . .

Architeuthis wrote:I am not a big fan of Facebook, never have been. I remember a time when it was quite common to be asked, "Do you have a Facebook account?"

I don't think so unless something else better comes along. All my troops have a Facebook and ask why I do not. For me, I have no need to be on the GRID more than I already am at this time.

12Is Facebook Becoming A Fading Fad? Empty Pet Peeve 3/2/2013, 7:59 pm

A View

[quote="Architeuthis"][quote="A View"]I don't know about "loosing",maybe losing it's appeal I will agree on.[/quote]

Practicing your version of the "pecking order" over a typo? How sad.[/quote]

Sorry,just a pet peeve of mine.Lose and loose are two of the most misused words in context to a sentence. Hell, I don't even know if I said that right!

A View wrote: Sorry,just a pet peeve of mine.Lose and loose are two of the most misused words in context to a sentence. Hell, I don't even know if I said that right!

Mine too, actually. My pet peeve has been since the 1960's is the opposite of zombie. For instance, if a witch doctor turns his/her victim into a zombie, what do you call it when he/she reverses the spell and removes the zombie spell? Is it "dezombie", "exzombie", diszombie" or "unzombie"? LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum