Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is the Pensacola News Journal dying?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Is it Scenic Highway?

The PNJ is a dying brand. I am still a subscriber, but never touch the print edition (the wife does). I instead read the eNewspaper online. It is an online version of the entire print version, with all ads.

But, the brand is dying. I will give it a "C" for overall quality. They are also hobnailed by stupid things, like not reporting a perp's race if an arrest nets a black person.

I think one day we will be reading the Mobile Register, Northwest Florida Edition. If the Mobile paper ever offered this, you could stick a fork inthe PNJ.

Correct! Scenic Hwy near where US 90 now intersects.

[quote="W_T_M"]
Architeuthis wrote:OK. Here is another old picture. It too is taken in Pensacola. Can anyone guess what street somewhat locally famous street this is?

Airport Blvd...?

No, sorry. It's Scenic Hwy.

After the PNJ declared that state workers should have 401ks instead of the 100% sound FRS, I hope it goes belly up and the sooner the better.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I think one day we will be reading the Mobile Register, Northwest Florida Edition. If the Mobile paper ever offered this, you could stick a fork inthe PNJ.[/color]
That's actually what's happened in New Orleans. The Times-Picayune went to 4 day a week print and the Baton Rouge paper moved into New Orleans to give it competition. But I doubt either is making money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum