Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola cop found not guilty

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pensacola cop found not guilty Empty Pensacola cop found not guilty 2/16/2013, 12:15 am

http://www.pnj.com/comments/article/20130215/NEWS01/302150034/Former-Pensacola-cop-seen-slamming-woman-into-cruiser-found-not-guilty

We have some serious problems in this area.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Was it Not guilty by reason of insanity....? Twisted Evil

Are you surprised? She did have her DUI charge dropped tho..
It's a good thing ard wasn't in the hood.. It could have been worse..

I can't believe people think this is ok and in the course of your duties? He clearly slammed this woman's face on the car. Inexcusable. I assume the jury didn't think it reached criminal charges which is still puzzling.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:I can't believe people think this is ok and in the course of your duties? He clearly slammed this woman's face on the car. Inexcusable. I assume the jury didn't think it reached criminal charges which is still puzzling.

It is too bad that you weren't on the jury. You could have told them you had seen the edited, short version of the tape, he was guilty, end of trial.

It took the jury FIFTEEN MINUTES to find him not guilty. Do you think there is a slim chance they saw something you have not?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I can't believe people think this is ok and in the course of your duties? He clearly slammed this woman's face on the car. Inexcusable. I assume the jury didn't think it reached criminal charges which is still puzzling.

It is too bad that you weren't on the jury. You could have told them you had seen the edited, short version of the tape, he was guilty, end of trial.

It took the jury FIFTEEN MINUTES to find him not guilty. Do you think there is a slim chance they saw something you have not?

No, she only thinks that when the suspect is found not guilty. In the other thread running right now which is about a suspect found not guilty ("Are jurors really that stupid?"), she says this...

"Apparently, the jury has more facts then we do and saw it for what it was."

So for her, whenever we're forming an opinion about any trial from a brief newspaper report, the jury is always right when the suspect is acquitted, and the jury is always wrong when the cop is acquitted.

You just can't make this stuff up. lol

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

No, she only thinks that when the suspect is found not guilty. In the other thread running right now which is about a suspect found not guilty ("Are jurors really that stupid?"), she says this...

"Apparently, the jury has more facts then we do and saw it for what it was."

So for her, whenever we're forming an opinion about any trial from a brief newspaper report, the jury is always right when the suspect is acquitted, and the jury is always wrong when the cop is acquitted.

You just can't make this stuff up. lol

No, if you had a lick of sense,Bob ,you would know the cases are different because there is direct evidence,ie, a video. I saw the video in which the cop clearly slams the woman into the car. The other cases involves testimony of which we didn't hear.Big difference. Does that make sense to you? I doubt it.

Dreamsglore wrote:
No, if you had a lick of sense,Bob ,you would know the cases are different because there is direct evidence,ie, a video. I saw the video in which the cop clearly slams the woman into the car. The other cases involves testimony of which we didn't hear.Big difference. Does that make sense to you? I doubt it.
You mean you saw an edited video which didn't show everything and formed an opinion and were upset because the jury didn't agree with you

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
You mean you saw an edited video which didn't show everything and formed an opinion and were upset because the jury didn't agree with you

I don't see how Any Man can approve how that woman was handled.. regardless of what you think we didn't see, there's No reason to do that shit.. Are you a cop? I can tell you that SoB is Lucky he didn't do that to any of my family..

10Pensacola cop found not guilty Empty Re: Pensacola cop found not guilty 2/16/2013, 11:31 pm

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I saw a video where a cop takes a woman and slams her face into a car. What occurred prior to that has no bearing. The police dept. obviously didn't think it mattered either because they fired him and we all know they stick together... but they didn't in this case, did they?

This is the unedited version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNALrpzdRUY

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I saw a video where a cop takes a woman and slams her face into a car. What occurred prior to that has no bearing. The police dept. obviously didn't think it mattered either because they fired him and we all know they stick together... but they didn't in this case, did they?

This is the unedited version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNALrpzdRUY

I don't see how the jury came to that conclusion, after watching the video. The woman was dumb for not following the cop's instructions to get back into the car, but the cop was obviously getting an attitude because of it.
One thing for sure, that I know from personal experience...cops stick together on their story, no matter what the truth is. And I don't know how many times I've seen the headline: "Deputies cleared in shooting." I'm glad they fired him.

Once, in Houston, I was driving home from a Christmas party completely sloshed. A village cop put my car in the police lot and drove me home, 20 miles out of his way, at 3 am. Now that was a nice guy. Even inebriated as I was, tho, I was respectful to him.

Floridatexan wrote:

I don't see how the jury came to that conclusion, after watching the video. The woman was dumb for not following the cop's instructions to get back into the car, but the cop was obviously getting an attitude because of it.
One thing for sure, that I know from personal experience...cops stick together on their story, no matter what the truth is. And I don't know how many times I've seen the headline: "Deputies cleared in shooting." I'm glad they fired him.

Once, in Houston, I was driving home from a Christmas party completely sloshed. A village cop put my car in the police lot and drove me home, 20 miles out of his way, at 3 am. Now that was a nice guy. Even inebriated as I was, tho, I was respectful to him.

That may have worked out well years ago but in today's times, a cop doing a good deed such as that would be leaving himself open to a sexual assault accusation, substantiated or not.

It hasn't been too long ago that an ECSO deputy was accused of rape after driving a woman home from PCB to Cantonment.

13Pensacola cop found not guilty Empty Re: Pensacola cop found not guilty 2/17/2013, 11:57 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

That may have worked out well years ago but in today's times, a cop doing a good deed such as that would be leaving himself open to a sexual assault accusation, substantiated or not.

It hasn't been too long ago that an ECSO deputy was accused of rape after driving a woman home from PCB to Cantonment.

My point was that I cooperated with him and didn't cop an attitude. Now, that doesn't always guarantee anything at all...and of course I had no business behind the wheel that night, much to my embarrassment. Some police (often the more experienced ones) are more conscious of the nuances of human behavior and I think less likely to have "something to prove".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum