Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wow, we are really falling apart

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

So many arguments all the time. It seems more lately. Perhaps that meteor thts coming is altering our behavior?

Let get it together people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcwsfns7KPQ

Lurch wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcwsfns7KPQ

I Love that song.

Zombie

Some kinds of dumb take a lot of practice.

PkrBum wrote:Some kinds of dumb take a lot of practice.

iz trying Embarassed

Yep. It just comes easily to you.

this is bad.

it seems the only thing we have is bikering.

no deep conversation, even whn you try to have one it turns into a argument because of something said somewhere else on another post.

you cant have un on here because people will jump your ass

then you cant be sexy because youll get called names.

and it looks like just about everybody in the forum has a fight going with someone.

Im gonna go play with something else for a bit.

I dont fit in here anyway. just go back to doing what ya'll do.

Chrissy wrote:this is bad.

it seems the only thing we have is bikering.

no deep conversation, even whn you try to have one it turns into a argument because of something said somewhere else on another post.

you cant have un on here because people will jump your ass

then you cant be sexy because youll get called names.

and it looks like just about everybody in the forum has a fight going with someone.

Im gonna go play with something else for a bit.

I dont fit in here anyway. just go back to doing what ya'll do.

Spare us that shit Chrissy. You ain't got no white wedding dress yourself, this ain't your first rodeo.

It might have been an interesting discussion about Deism, but the trolls made sure that didn't happen. And I'm just tired of the shit from maroni, neko, and their lapdog, GR.

This forum is a sewer, chock a block with dysfunction and patrolled by trolls who think it belongs to THEM.

It doesn't.

Wow, we are really falling apart Chriss12

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

found this...

"For the Deist, the order and complexity found in nature coupled with our rational experiences of nature leads to a belief in God."

http://moderndeism.com/

It's fine with me if others want to use the word "God". In fact I could share that same belief except I would prefer to replace the word "God" with "An Unknown".
Because it's my perspective that no one has ever been able to define "God" to be anything other than an unknown quantity. I'm convinced the human intellect does not have the capacity to go any further with that definition.
So if that's what's meant by the word "God", then count me in. But once we try to make "God" be anything more than that, then you lose me.

Bob wrote:found this...

"For the Deist, the order and complexity found in nature coupled with our rational experiences of nature leads to a belief in God."

It's fine with me if others want to use the word "God". In fact I could share that same belief except I would prefer to replace the word "God" with "An Unknown".
Because it's my perspective that no one has ever been able to define "God" to be anything other than an unknown quantity. I'm convinced the human intellect does not have the capacity to go any further with that definition.
So if that's what's meant by the word "God", then count me in. But once we try to make "God" be anything more than that, then you lose me.

If we could define God, he would be just another smart dude with a great marketing plan.

Mono-theism defines God as singular, while He describes Himself as part of a trinity, the ultimate example of body, soul, and spirit.

Think paradigm with serious powers, like the universe itself.

I think humans try to bring God down to thier level when they think about him. such as alling God a "him" or times where you see God pictured as some gray beared man sitting in the clouds. I really think humans see God that way to try and grasp in some minor way the reality of a GOD. Those things personalize God downto human level where we can get at it? knwo what I mean, I am rambling sorry.

I do agree with you that God is so much more than we could even imagine. We just dont have the capcity to go there. I feel like though we shouuld try and always seek to get to that capacity the best we can though. You know though all those things that make us seek, learn, philosophize, spiritualize adyes even study or practice religions to a certain extent.

just my ramblings though

Chrissy wrote:

I think humans try to bring God down to thier level when they think about him. such as alling God a "him" or times where you see God pictured as some gray beared man sitting in the clouds. I really think humans see God that way to try and grasp in some minor way the reality of a GOD. Those things personalize God downto human level where we can get at it? knwo what I mean, I am rambling sorry.

I do agree with you that God is so much more than we could even imagine. We just dont have the capcity to go there. I feel like though we shouuld try and always seek to get to that capacity the best we can though. You know though all those things that make us seek, learn, philosophize, spiritualize adyes even study or practice religions to a certain extent.

just my ramblings though

That's good Chrissy.

I always laff when someone even tries to depict God.

That old saying is backwards....

HE was created in OUR image...LOL.

And I knew it was him because I had already seen his DL picture.

14Wow, we are really falling apart Empty EXACTLY RIGHT 2/12/2013, 11:37 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

We created god in our own image

To whit: the reason there is complexity in nature is because our minds
Are complex...

Or as Russell said

It was not so much that the nose was created for the eyeglasses but rather the eyeglasses were created to fit upon the nose.

It is not that hard a concept really. No god needs us the history of man has shown that we need a "god"

Before u guess i am a "dualistic pantheist" ......smoke that one lol

W_T_M wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

just my ramblings though

That's good Chrissy.

I always laff when someone even tries to depict God.

That old saying is backwards....

HE was created in OUR image...LOL.

And I knew it was him because I had already seen his DL picture.

im not against it, I doit myself. I have no other way to try and define God within my brain when i am contemplating something about God.

and lol thats a cute saying. just seeing that saying without knowing what i had just said i dont think it would be gotten. or could be taken as a negative conotation toward God, I know it isnt and it makes absolute sense because I just said the same damn thing in a round about mumbling through the verbage way lol

im going to bed. its become as lonely in here as my room has geesh

poor boards. i feel bad for him. i will be surprised if this forum last another year. Crying or Very sad

W_T_M wrote:

I hope you know that wasn't an attack pointed at you... it just gets old.

Maybe it's just because most of us aren't included?

How do y'all know who wins?

cyclops

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For what it's worth, I don't think I've ever seen replies to anything I've ever written on the topic of religion with ideas I've enjoyed reading more than the three replies which just followed. And that goes for this discussion forum and the others I participated in before I came to this forum.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"I think humans try to bring God down to their level when they think about him. such as calling God a "him" or times where you see God pictured as some gray bearded man sitting in the clouds. I really think humans see God that way to try and grasp in some minor way the reality of a GOD. Those things personalize God down to human level where we can get at it? Know what I mean?

I absolutely positively DO know what you mean.

"I am rambling sorry."

No you're not, so don't apologize.

"I do agree with you that God is so much more than we could even imagine. We just don't have the capacity to go there. I feel like though we should try and always seek to get to that capacity the best we can though. You know through all those things that make us seek, learn, philosophize, spiritualize and even study or practice religions to a certain extent."

Couldn't agree more. But don't worry, we will ALWAYS do that. That's who we are.

"I will be surprised if this forum lasts another year."

You could be right. But whether it lasts or it doesn't all depends on us.
This forum (and it's fate) is the only medium you and I and everyone else who participate here have any influence with. The only medium with which you and I are the "deciders". So if it doesn't last we have only ourselves to blame. And if and when it goes by the wayside, there will probably never be anything to replace what we will have lost. At least not anything we have all the influence over and which has us as the deciders.

PkrBum wrote:
W_T_M wrote:

I hope you know that wasn't an attack pointed at you... it just gets old.

Maybe it's just because most of us aren't included?

How do y'all know who wins?

cyclops

No one wins. It's a losing proposition from the start.

If I had known the lack of character in them, I sure as hell would not have bothered to defend Cat in what must be a million words ago.

My own history with bullies and being ganged up on make me more prone to defend the person being bullied, especially if they lean to the left.

So therefore, in the eyes of the bullies, I brought it on myself.

6+ years of this shit.

There are no winners in the war, just a few time outs for them to plan their next assault.

Yep....it sucks.

I'm sorry... I like you all. We do pretty well as a group a good portion of the time.

Who posted your mortgage stuff? GR?

PkrBum wrote:I'm sorry... I like you all. We do pretty well as a group a good portion of the time.

Agreed.

The drama stops when they tire; when enough people speak out like you did.

I'm well aware the forum is sick of it.

Me too.

PkrBum wrote:I'm sorry... I like you all. We do pretty well as a group a good portion of the time.

I feel pretty much that way. I have tried to get along with most. But unfortuantly for me, Ive been in envolved in a lot of the backroom deals/manipulating in past years ago so I can see the stir pot shit from a mile away. I sincerely think these few arguments that have gone on with few of us on this forum have outlived thier lifespan and should have been put to rest. Ill speak of the two biggest fights this forum has, dreams and myself and wtm and joanie.

This is not the "Main" group for the chatters anymore. Its just a venue for drama.

Chrissy wrote:

I feel pretty much that way. I have tried to get along with most. But unfortuantly for me, Ive been in envolved in a lot of the backroom deals/manipulating in past years ago so I can see the stir pot shit from a mile away. I sincerely think these few arguments that have gone on with few of us on this forum have outlived thier lifespan and should have been put to rest. Ill speak of the two biggest fights this forum has, dreams and myself and wtm and joanie.

This is not the "Main" group for the chatters anymore. Its just a venue for drama.

Well stated.

If it bleeds it leads...LOL

W_T_M wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

Well stated.

If it bleeds it leads...LOL

yes, i know

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum