Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you do this?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Would you do this? Empty Would you do this? 2/9/2013, 3:37 am

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-faces-arrest-speeding-68mph-skateboard-234748474.html
AWOLNation is the group singing...

2Would you do this? Empty Re: Would you do this? 2/9/2013, 7:13 am

Good post. Would I? Long time ago I might have tried But that really required a vast amount of skill and techniques. Much more than I have ever thought of having. What a rush.

3Would you do this? Empty Re: Would you do this? 2/9/2013, 7:15 am

You've been here many years (Pensacola). DO you remember the Paved Wave over by the Goofy Golf? I used to ride my skateboard there.

4Would you do this? Empty Re: Would you do this? 2/9/2013, 8:04 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:You've been here many years (Pensacola). DO you remember the Paved Wave over by the Goofy Golf? I used to ride my skateboard there.

Yes. Skates boards in the late 50s early 60s were pretty crude. I never did get the hang of it. (Blame the board syndrome) For many of us they were just "Ass Busters" I am amazed at what people can do on them. Takes a lot of skill, more than I have.

5Would you do this? Empty Re: Would you do this? 2/9/2013, 8:54 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What a rush....

6Would you do this? Empty Re: Would you do this? 2/9/2013, 10:52 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

As usual, I can't get the video to load right, but I love this one! If I were forty years younger, I'd be doing this.

Some of the guys and gals are smart enough to use wrist and knee pads, but some of them use nothing. Ouch!

EDIT: There we go! Check out the long board free riding below.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 2/9/2013, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

7Would you do this? Empty Re: Would you do this? 2/9/2013, 10:54 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

8Would you do this? Empty Re: Would you do this? 2/9/2013, 11:06 am

Not me. I would wind up looking like hamburger with a little skin Surprised

People used to ride in Gaberone off Scenic Highway and bust their asses royally.

My favorite hill was Brent Lane (or is it Beverly Parkway there) west of 9th where Carpenter's Creek comes through at the bottom of the hill. Before it was open to traffic, fresh asphalt, wide, and not too steep.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum