Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When did it become a crime to tell the truth?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Well, she does have a big butt.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/06/high-school-football-coach-suspended-over-remarks-criticizing-michelle-obama/?intcmp=HPBucket

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

His only crime is being master of the obvious.

Ghandi wrote:Well, she does have a big butt.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/06/high-school-football-coach-suspended-over-remarks-criticizing-michelle-obama/?intcmp=HPBucket
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/06/high-school-football-coach-suspended-over-remarks-criticizing-michelle-obama/?intcmp=HPBucket[/quote[/url]]

Talking about her buttocks was not even the reason he got suspended. Did you read the entire article? He was attacking homosexuals as well and using the most derogatory terms to do so in front of students. That would be considered bullying at the least and from a faculty member, that is terrible behavior.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Ghandi wrote:Well, she does have a big butt.

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/06/high-school-football-coach-suspended-over-remarks-criticizing-michelle-obama/?intcmp=HPBucket
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/06/high-school-football-coach-suspended-over-remarks-criticizing-michelle-obama/?intcmp=HPBucket[/quote[/url]]

Talking about her buttocks was not even the reason he got suspended. Did you read the entire article? He was attacking homosexuals as well and using the most derogatory terms to do so in front of students. That would be considered bullying at the least and from a faculty member, that is terrible behavior.

It was in a debate class.
They were debating michelle obamas big butt.

So, you think that the rear end of the First Lady is up for debate and a suitable topic to help teach debating skills?
How does disparaging homosexuals fit into that as well? I'd really like to see you tie this together in a lesson plan that fits a debate class and that is presentable to impressionable teenagers, some of which are confused about their sexuality or having issues with coming out in front of their peers.
Both topics are unsuitable. Disparaging a group that you may or may not like in front of kids is flat out an ethical violation. Kids are a captured audience and many will not be willing to talk out against what the coach is saying for fear of their grade in the class.
WRONG WRONG WRONG. The coach can have his opinion, but he cannot display it during working hours in front of kids who have no choice but to listen to him bump his gums.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:So, you think that the rear end of the First Lady is up for debate and a suitable topic to help teach debating skills?
How does disparaging homosexuals fit into that as well? I'd really like to see you tie this together in a lesson plan that fits a debate class and that is presentable to impressionable teenagers, some of which are confused about their sexuality or having issues with coming out in front of their peers.
Both topics are unsuitable. Disparaging a group that you may or may not like in front of kids is flat out an ethical violation. Kids are a captured audience and many will not be willing to talk out against what the coach is saying for fear of their grade in the class.
WRONG WRONG WRONG. The coach can have his opinion, but he cannot display it during working hours in front of kids who have no choice but to listen to him bump his gums.

There is freedom of speech....along with consequences for expressing it at the wrong time...

Free speech does not extend beyond the topic of an approved lesson plan. Again, I'd like to see his lesson plans and how he incorporates that into class time.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Free speech does not extend beyond the topic of an approved lesson plan. Again, I'd like to see his lesson plans and how he incorporates that into class time.

WOW....!!

Positive stroke...I gave you a +

Nekochan

Nekochan

Pacedog is right.

Nekochan wrote:Pacedog is right.

Yep.

Where has this guy been hiding...?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghandi wrote:

Talking about her buttocks was not even the reason he got suspended. Did you read the entire article? He was attacking homosexuals as well and using the most derogatory terms to do so in front of students. That would be considered bullying at the least and from a faculty member, that is terrible behavior
Hey Brother Carl and his WEBY radio callers do that all the time. But apparently the publically owned airwaves don't have any school board to give a shit about it. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PACEDOG#1 wrote:So, you think that the rear end of the First Lady is up for debate and a suitable topic to help teach debating skills?

Pacedog,

I want to join W_T_M and nekochan and tell you what a good feeling it gave me to read your post. Thanks for saying that.

I was a high school debate team member and, if things are done the same way nowadays, the free speech argument is bullhockey. We had ONE topic that was debated all year, with enough variations to keep the debates lively.

Ours was "Resolved, that Congress should establish uniform regulations to control criminal investigation procedures." Debates centered on different states' regulations on wiretaps, recidivism, and arrests, among other things.

It takes a ton of research and debaters went into debates with file cabinets of index cards to back up their statements.

I sincerely doubt that Michelle Obama's butt was debated all year.

Bob wrote:

Pacedog,

I want to join W_T_M and nekochan and tell you what a good feeling it gave me to read your post. Thanks for saying that.

No doubt....180 degrees can be a very long trip.

And over @ the day care center, someone gave me a negative for giving PD a positve...?

Hell, I'm not even that cynical.

When did it become a crime to tell the truth? Seagulls_zps01e92179

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum