Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Florida's TB outbreak kept a secret.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional/worst-tb-outbreakin-20-years-kept-secret/nPpLs/

Guess they didn't want tourists to shy away.

Lovely... just lovely...

"The ones who will stay put in Jacksonville are being put up in motels, to make it easier for public health nurses to find them, Duval County health officials said."

Yeah, let's put TB patients in hotels, so they can expose the general public and the traveling tourists. GAWD! pale

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

There is a very hight incidence of TB among the homeless....Shelters, jails, and health facilities, need to put a mask on them until they have been tested and results received. Being tight with money costs lives.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 7/9/2012, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

This is what happens when you become a 3rd world nation.

Its not just TB. better look around, there have been outbreaks of some really unusual bacteria and viruses all over.

People in healthcare need to be sure they are diligent about PPE

Sal

Sal

That report had been penned on April 5, exactly nine days after Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed the bill that shrank the Department of Health and required the closure of the A.G. Holley State Hospital in Lantana, where tough tuberculosis cases have been treated for more than 60 years.

This is what it looks like when austerity trumps the general welfare of the public. Welcome to teabag fantasy land. Mad

reaper1948 wrote:http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional/worst-tb-outbreakin-20-years-kept-secret/nPpLs/

If it's such a secret and coverup and you're posting it...how did you find out?...Watch out for the helicopters...

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

reaper1948 wrote:http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/state-regional/worst-tb-outbreakin-20-years-kept-secret/nPpLs/

Thanks for posting this article, Reap. This is information I can use.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

salinsky wrote:That report had been penned on April 5, exactly nine days after Florida Gov. Rick Scott signed the bill that shrank the Department of Health and required the closure of the A.G. Holley State Hospital in Lantana, where tough tuberculosis cases have been treated for more than 60 years.

This is what it looks like when austerity trumps the general welfare of the public. Welcome to teabag fantasy land. Mad

The politicians are short-sighted fools.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Do people with good jobs and money get this? As far as I know, it's for poor people. like welfare class collecting scum. Who cares? Might as well be a nigerian killing desease. let it ride. Can I make a donation to keep it going?

Nobody in my circle of life has ever had TB

ghandi wrote:Do people with good jobs and money get this? As far as I know, it's for poor people. like welfare class collecting scum. Who cares? Might as well be a nigerian killing desease. let it ride. Can I make a donation to keep it going?

Nobody in my circle of life has ever had TB

Your circle of life?They have TB in the bowery.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Just for the record, I didnt'reply to this post negatively even though that's what it wanted me to do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum