Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey riceme, I solved my insomnia..

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I been sleeping like a baby for weeks now. I wanted to see if it was my imagination but what I did seems to have fixed my problem. It actually made sense. I quit wearing sunglasses. I was giving myself a bad case of seasonal depressional disorder. Found out that the eyes are the conduit for sunlight which regulates the melatonin/serotonin which regulates most all of our other functions. Sunglasses make every day gloomy and dark artificially.. Try it, it takes an hour or so for your eyes to adapt to bright sunlight but it does. Goodluck..tell Az she has a similar problem if memory serves.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I been sleeping like a baby for weeks now. I wanted to see if it was my imagination but what I did seems to have fixed my problem. It actually made sense. I quit wearing sunglasses. I was giving myself a bad case of seasonal depressional disorder. Found out that the eyes are the conduit for sunlight which regulates the melatonin/serotonin which regulates most all of our other functions. Sunglasses make every day gloomy and dark artificially.. Try it, it takes an hour or so for your eyes to adapt to bright sunlight but it does. Goodluck..tell Az she has a similar problem if memory serves.

Well I'm glad SOMEONE'S sleeping well, 'cos I sure as hell ain't! I had been, then the past few nights I haven't been able to sleep at all. Sad

But I don't generally wear sunglasses, so I don't think that's it. BUT, the winter here is much colder than it is in Pcola, so I'm probably indoors a whole lot more than you are... so the decrease in sunlight and Vitamin D, Melatonin, Seratonin imbalances may be causing some Seasonal Affective Disorder, I suppose.

I have never seen Az wear sunglasses before, but I will mention it to her. She's been having trouble sleeping lately too.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Just a thought...... Very Happy good luck.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Just a thought...... Very Happy good luck.

THANK YOU!! I'll do about anything to get a good night's sleep Wink

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

riceme wrote:

Yeah maybe what you need is to get outside more often.... Cool

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
riceme wrote:

Yeah maybe what you need is to get outside more often.... Cool

Definitely... just been busy. When it warms up I definitely will. Gonna snow again on Thursday and it'll be pretty cold and windy for a while again.

Jake92

I bet a trip to P'cola would help you to sleep for a while.. LOL

Jake92 wrote:I bet a trip to P'cola would help you to sleep for a while.. LOL

I really miss going fishing... and eating the fruits of those labors!

And I miss my Az, and my Lurch, and I would love to meet me some HG, and some Bobby Baby, PB, T, Jake, and a whole pile of other folks!

Jake92

I bet we would all like to meet you also. :-) I would love sitting there eating 10 dozen or so oysters with you. Ummmmmm That's 10 dozen each.. LOL

Jake92 wrote:I bet we would all like to meet you also. :-) I would love sitting there eating 10 dozen or so oysters with you. Ummmmmm That's 10 dozen each.. LOL

Good thing you tagged on that addendum that you meant 10-doz each, 'cos I am an oyster eatin' FOOL. Holy smokes, I'mma hafta have Az ship me some out on dry ice some day. And some fresh grouper, maybe a little Amberjack, and some Red Snapper, if there's any to be found! Some redfish wouldn't kill me, either, those feisty lil bastards! Oh, and Sissy Az can top off my dry ice package with a couple orders of Butterfly Rolls, Miso Soup and Edamame from Horizen. Mmm mmm mmm!!

I am dyyyyyying right now. Dang! I might have to make a run to the coast here soon (I mean MY coast)!

Jake92

Just like maters get their good taste from the soil they are grown in, fish get their good taste from the water they are in LMAO.. I think you should come to P'cola for the seafood.. Smile

Markle

Markle

Ambien is my friend!....

Of course light is an issue but I can't endorse not using sunglasses in bright sunlight. Especially if it is reflected off snow or water.

Markle wrote:Ambien is my friend!....

Of course light is an issue but I can't endorse not using sunglasses in bright sunlight. Especially if it is reflected off snow or water.

YIKES @Ambien!!! That is some scary sheet, man. But if it works for you and you have no negative repercussions related to using it, then hey... whatever works!

I agree with you WRT protecting your eyeballs particularly around snow and water. My glasses have some sort of UV protection, both my regular clear all-day wear specs and my prescription sunglasses. That reflection will just kill your eyes!

Shocked sunny Cool

Jake92

In 2008, I couldn't sleep for a few months after my wife died. A doc I worked with gave me a prescription for 10 mg Ambian, 1/2 tablet before sleep. I took it once and left ehe bottle on the side ofthe bathroom sink, next to my Zocor. I ran out of the regular Zocor and used an older bottle 1/2 the strength of the one I ran out of. One morning, I took my shower and got ready for work. I reached for my Zocor and took 2 tablets. The next thing I knew I was waking up at Sacred Heart in the ER, 11 hours later. I took 20 mg of ambien instead of the zocor. I dumped the rest of the ambien in the toilet and flushed it. Somehow, my security system went off and the company called my mom. Mom called my brother 4 houses away from me. He came over and found me on the floor with the phone cord wrapped around me and couldn't wake me up. He called 911. While I was in the ER, I had blood drawn, x-rays, and a catheter along with other tests they did and I never knew a thing. 2 of the nurses I worked with told me I called them but I don't remember a thing. LOL

Jake92 wrote:In 2008, I couldn't sleep for a few months after my wife died. A doc I worked with gave me a prescription for 10 mg Ambian, 1/2 tablet before sleep. I took it once and left ehe bottle on the side ofthe bathroom sink, next to my Zocor. I ran out of the regular Zocor and used an older bottle 1/2 the strength of the one I ran out of. One morning, I took my shower and got ready for work. I reached for my Zocor and took 2 tablets. The next thing I knew I was waking up at Sacred Heart in the ER, 11 hours later. I took 20 mg of ambien instead of the zocor. I dumped the rest of the ambien in the toilet and flushed it. Somehow, my security system went off and the company called my mom. Mom called my brother 4 houses away from me. He came over and found me on the floor with the phone cord wrapped around me and couldn't wake me up. He called 911. While I was in the ER, I had blood drawn, x-rays, and a catheter along with other tests they did and I never knew a thing. 2 of the nurses I worked with told me I called them but I don't remember a thing. LOL

Ja, I hear you man. Ambien, Lunesta & pretty much ALL of that crap is SCARRRRRRY SHEET, MAHNNN! After that guy broke in to my home and attacked me in Kansas, my PCP tried to help w/my insomnia by prescribing several of those, but it was all no bueno, and I'd just as soon not sleep at all then take that stuff after the experiences I had.

It amazes me when I read about people actually taking Ambien and Lunesta *recreationally*. Wow, just WOW. So far as I'm concerned you may as well take Roofies recreationally.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum