Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New York student scares off armed intuders with his big scary AR-15...unloaded

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.guns.com/2013/01/29/new-york-man-scares-off-intruders-with-ar-15/

Amid a national debate on “assault weapons” and the recent passing of strict New York gun laws, a college student armed with an AR-15 rifle scared off two armed and potentially dangerous burglars during a midnight home invasion last week in Rochester, New York.

Chris Boise, a student attending Rochester Institute of Technology, told the local ABC affiliate that he awoke just after midnight Tuesday morning to a noise downstairs — something that sounded like a knock on the door. When he reached the stairway he saw two men standing at the bottom and he noticed that one of them had a gun aimed right at him.

Boise’s roommate, Raymond (he didn’t want his last name printed) heard commotion — Boise’s screams — just outside his bedroom door.

“I heard one scream from him, and I knew it wasn’t like a ‘I stepped on a piece of glass’ kind of scream,” said Raymond, who also attends RIT. “It was like something primal.”

Trusting his instincts, Raymond, who legally owns an AR-15, unlocked the rifle from its case.

Slicef18

Slicef18

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.guns.com/2013/01/29/new-york-man-scares-off-intruders-with-ar-15/

Amid a national debate on “assault weapons” and the recent passing of strict New York gun laws, a college student armed with an AR-15 rifle scared off two armed and potentially dangerous burglars during a midnight home invasion last week in Rochester, New York.

Chris Boise, a student attending Rochester Institute of Technology, told the local ABC affiliate that he awoke just after midnight Tuesday morning to a noise downstairs — something that sounded like a knock on the door. When he reached the stairway he saw two men standing at the bottom and he noticed that one of them had a gun aimed right at him.

Boise’s roommate, Raymond (he didn’t want his last name printed) heard commotion — Boise’s screams — just outside his bedroom door.

“I heard one scream from him, and I knew it wasn’t like a ‘I stepped on a piece of glass’ kind of scream,” said Raymond, who also attends RIT. “It was like something primal.”

Trusting his instincts, Raymond, who legally owns an AR-15, unlocked the rifle from its case.

I suspect cycling the pump action of a 12 ga. shotgun would have been just as effective.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum