Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Its GroundHog Day!

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Its GroundHog Day! Empty Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 9:32 am

Yella

Yella

Its GroundHog Day! Anothe10

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

2Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 9:43 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The groundhog has called it. Spring will come early.
Actually Bear predicted it before the groundhog because Spring in Pensacola came last week. But what neither Bear nor the groundhog told us is that winter is back again. lol

3Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 9:46 am

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:The groundhog has called it. Spring will come early.
Actually Bear predicted it before the groundhog because Spring in Pensacola came last week. But what neither Bear nor the groundhog told us is that winter is back again. lol

For Bear every day is another day in Paradise.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

4Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 9:52 am

Loved the movie... didn't read the book.

It's cold in Hoover too.

5Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 10:15 am

Yomama wrote:Loved the movie... didn't read the book.

It's cold in Hoover too.

eric, is that your arafat gangsta hat?

6Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 11:07 am

It's cold in Hoover too.

lol... I read hoover as heaven at first glance.

7Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 11:13 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wonder if the groundhog is factoring global warming into his forecast. lol

8Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 11:42 am

Chrissy wrote:

It's cold in Hoover too.

I gave him a shitpile of BS about that hat -- technically "THOSE HATS," as he is wearing TWO in the picture -- last night. May be best to leave it be.

Embarassed

9Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:00 pm

riceme wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

It's cold in Hoover too.

I gave him a shitpile of BS about that hat -- technically "THOSE HATS," as he is wearing TWO in the picture -- last night. May be best to leave it be.

Embarassed

No problem, Ricey! It is kinda goofy, but I likes them. I have a bunch of them, but the dogs keep tearing them up... dammit! They're made by a company named Sandana and I can only find them online at Paintball outfitters.

They have a strip of terrycloth about 1.5 x 5 inches long that sops up sweat on my forehead and ties off with velcro closures like a do-rag... and has a tail on them to keep me from getting a red neck.

Groundhog Day is one movie that I can watch over and over... kinda weird because that's the premise of the movie.

Its GroundHog Day! Ground10

10Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:01 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Freezing rain and snow here this morning. Mad
But there isn't really any accumulation and it's supposed to be clearing up today. But I tell you, I do not like winters up here in the north country. Not at all. I know that I am such a sissy, complaining about winters in Alabama. But it's not just the cold, it's the dormant trees without any leaves. I like the pines and live oaks and magnolias of the deep south.

On the plus side, I LOVE our wood stove on cold nights. And it cooks up some pretty damn good baked potatoes, too.

11Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:05 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Oh, we had a ground hog come around last summer. First time I had ever seen one. He was in our back yard, eating the leaves of our cucumber plants. No
We made a lot of noise and tried to shoo him away....not sure why, but he only came around a couple of times. So our cucumbers survived.

12Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:09 pm

The fan on our wood stove just kicked in, so it's gettin' up to speed with the heat... YESSSS!

Here's a pic of the inside of a Sandana that the dogs chewed up last week. Easy to put on, keeps the sweat out of my eyes (yes, ima sweathog), and keeps my bald pate from getting sunburned.

Its GroundHog Day! Sandan10

13Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:28 pm

Yomama wrote:
No problem, Ricey! It is kinda goofy, but I likes them. I have a bunch of them, but the dogs keep tearing them up... dammit! They're made by a company named Sandana and I can only find them online at Paintball outfitters.

They have a strip of terrycloth about 1.5 x 5 inches long that sops up sweat on my forehead and ties off with velcro closures like a do-rag... and has a tail on them to keep me from getting a red neck.

Groundhog Day is one movie that I can watch over and over... kinda weird because that's the premise of the movie.

The doggies tear 'em up because they know you're committing a Fashion Felony, sweetheart. They are trying to HELP you!!

My first boyfriend (from when I was 15 til I was 20 or so) worked construction and wore do-rags to work every day either under a ballcap or just plain (wow, that just reminded me of how hot he is... mmmm!)... So, why not just wear a do-rag under your ballcap? I see guys do it here all the time during summer, and I always wore one under my hardhat if I was working for the USFS or out in the (heavy equipment) yard in summer too. BLECK to that BS Naugahyde forehead band! UGH!

I got news for you, EE. If'n you're wearin' Sandanas under yer ballcaps (or at all, for that matter), you ARE a redneck. Ain't nothin' you can do about it, dollface. Wink But I don't imagine that's an insult to you, just as it isn't to me. Just funnin' ya, babe.

I wonder if since my birthday is on Groundhog Day, I may not in fact be 41 today at all, but some much, MUCH lower number... that should follow with the plot of the movie, don't you all think???

14Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:32 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

riceme wrote:
Yomama wrote:

The doggies tear 'em up because they know you're committing a Fashion Felony, sweetheart. They are trying to HELP you!!

My first boyfriend (from when I was 15 til I was 20 or so) worked construction and wore do-rags to work every day either under a ballcap or just plain (wow, that just reminded me of how hot he is... mmmm!)... So, why not just wear a do-rag under your ballcap? I see guys do it here all the time during summer, and I always wore one under my hardhat if I was working for the USFS or out in the (heavy equipment) yard in summer too. BLECK to that BS Naugahyde forehead band! UGH!

I got news for you, EE. If'n you're wearin' Sandanas under yer ballcaps (or at all, for that matter), you ARE a redneck. Ain't nothin' you can do about it, dollface. Wink But I don't imagine that's an insult to you, just as it isn't to me. Just funnin' ya, babe.

I wonder if since my birthday is on Groundhog Day, I may not in fact be 41 today at all, but some much, MUCH lower number... that should follow with the plot of the movie, don't you all think???

41 is not a bad age at all. If I could freeze my age at any point, it would probably be around 40ish. I actually would NOT want to be 21 again, lol. 41 is old enough to know what is important and to have learned some of life's hard lessons....but your body isn't completely falling apart just yet, lol.

15Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:34 pm

You think I care about fashion? Not one damn bit. (Well, maybe a teensy bit, LOL)

Its GroundHog Day! Eric-c10

16Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:36 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Is that you under all of that hair?

17Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:42 pm

Nekochan wrote:Freezing rain and snow here this morning. Mad
But there isn't really any accumulation and it's supposed to be clearing up today. But I tell you, I do not like winters up here in the north country. Not at all. I know that I am such a sissy, complaining about winters in Alabama. But it's not just the cold, it's the dormant trees without any leaves. I like the pines and live oaks and magnolias of the deep south.

On the plus side, I LOVE our wood stove on cold nights. And it cooks up some pretty damn good baked potatoes, too.

Well, color me wrong!

Not an hour ago I emailed HG and told him what a beautiful morning it was turning out to be. It is now overcast and sorta ugly, and although the outdoor thermostat nearest me reads 50 (Northwest to Southeast varies by 5-degrees, SE reads 45 at the moment), the wind has now kicked up, so add wind-chill to that, and we have ourselves a generally crappy-ola day. Boo!

Neko, when you think you're freezin' your kaboody off, just think of hubby's previous winters in Alaska. That ought to remind you to be appreciative of the relatively warm climate you're in! Haha. ;-]

I love that you love to cook your taters in the woodstove. I get tickled by that every time I read you say so. I love you Oh, don't forget to keep a kettle full of water on the woodstove. They tend to dry-out the air (a LOT) causing headaches and other annoyances. Hopefully you all don't have super hard water like we do here. It sucks because you have to scrub anything that ever has standing-water in it, otherwise you get mineral deposits &c... Even still you may get them! Evil or Very Mad

Stay warm!!

18Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:49 pm

Yomama wrote:You think I care about fashion? Not one damn bit. (Well, maybe a teensy bit, LOL)

Its GroundHog Day! Eric-c10

AWW! I LIKE this picture!! Absolutely adorable. You and Mama Yomama. I love you

And, no sir, I do not think you give one good g'damn about fashion. As previously stated, I am just ribbin' atcha. I'll try to quit now.

Sorry for teasin' ya... You know I love ya, don'tcha?? I never tease anyone I don't like. I love you

19Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:52 pm

Nekochan wrote:Is that you under all of that hair?

You talkin' to me?

Its GroundHog Day! Taxi110

I have hair EVERYWHERE, except on the top of my head. My youngest son has even more hair than me and his friends call him Chewbacca.

20Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 12:55 pm

riceme wrote:Sorry for teasin' ya... You know I love ya, don'tcha?? I never tease anyone I don't like. I love you

No problema, Ricey. Like HG says, "All is good."

Its GroundHog Day! Eric_b10

21Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 1:05 pm

Yomama wrote:
Nekochan wrote:Is that you under all of that hair?

You talkin' to me?

Its GroundHog Day! Taxi110

I have hair EVERYWHERE, except on the top of my head. My youngest son has even more hair than me and his friends call him Chewbacca.

Is that your SON?? If so, he bears a very striking resemblance to Robert de Niro when he was younger:

Its GroundHog Day! Young_robert_de_niro-6858

EDIT: I just saw the end of the img code reading "taxi110" at the end. That IS Robert de Niro, isn't it? I have always thought he was SO handsome, not to mention an amazing actor.

22Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 1:07 pm

Yomama wrote:
riceme wrote:Sorry for teasin' ya... You know I love ya, don'tcha?? I never tease anyone I don't like. I love you

No problema, Ricey. Like HG says, "All is good."

It ALWAYS puts a smile on my face when HG says that "All is good."

Smile Smile Smile

23Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 1:10 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Eric, I love the photo of you two lovebirds! When I see that picture of you, I think that I would feel safe anywhere if you were with me. I like that look on a man. Smile

Hubby started growing a beard as soon as he retired from the navy reserves. He's pretty much always had a mustache, but now he has a beard with it. I think he's very sexy looking with his gray beard. I do like it better on him when he keeps it trimmed.

24Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 1:30 pm

riceme wrote:EDIT: I just saw the end of the img code reading "taxi110" at the end. That IS Robert de Niro, isn't it? I have always thought he was SO handsome, not to mention an amazing actor.

I was quoting deNiro from Taxi Driver.... "You talkin' to me". That movie is a "Must See"... kinda gory but a CLASSIC.

25Its GroundHog Day! Empty Re: Its GroundHog Day! 2/2/2013, 1:33 pm

Nekochan wrote:Eric, I love the photo of you two lovebirds! When I see that picture of you, I think that I would feel safe anywhere if you were with me. I like that look on a man. Smile

Hubby started growing a beard as soon as he retired from the navy reserves. He's pretty much always had a mustache, but now he has a beard with it. I think he's very sexy looking with his gray beard. I do like it better on him when he keeps it trimmed.

I love the "Lovebirds" shot as well, and it also makes me think I'd feel safe with EE. I think EE should use it as his avatar, or crop it and use it. Mama likey! Like a Star @ heaven

My daddy has had a handlebar mustache my whole life (and long before), and I am also pretty fond of facial hair on most men, although I favor more of a mountainman look. Teehee. Dad was once fighting a wildfire (operating a dozer) and he and his dozer-walker got burned over, and it burned off half his mustache, his eyebrows and eyelashes. He had to temporarily shave off his mustache and he looked... well, foreign to me... like a stranger! It was when I was a little girl, and I remember not wanting him to kiss or snuggle-up to me until it grew back. He just didn't look like himself at all.

Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum