Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teacher's Problems

+3
Margin Call
stormwatch89
A View
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Teacher's  Problems Empty Teacher's Problems 1/29/2013, 9:20 pm

A View

After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:

'Let me see if I've got this right.

'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.

'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.

'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, French or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

'You want me to do all this, and then you tell me......

I CAN'T PRAY?'

2Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 1/29/2013, 11:02 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Perfect.

3Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 1/29/2013, 11:05 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

A View wrote:After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:

'You want me to go into that room with all those kids, correct their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse, monitor their dress habits, censor their T-shirt messages, and instill in them a love for learning.

'You want me to check their backpacks for weapons, wage war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, and raise their sense of self esteem and personal pride.

'You want me to teach them patriotism and good citizenship, sportsmanship and fair play, and how to register to vote, balance a checkbook, and apply for a job.

'You want me to check their heads for lice, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, and make sure that they all pass the final exams.

'You also want me to provide them with an equal education regardless of their handicaps, and communicate regularly with their parents in English, French or any other language, by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

'You want me to do all this with a piece of chalk, a blackboard, a bulletin board, a few books, a big smile, and a starting salary that qualifies me for food stamps.

I CAN'T PRAY?'

This sort of anti-intellectual nonsense is insufferable..

4Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 1/29/2013, 11:11 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Margin Call wrote:
A View wrote:After being interviewed by the school administration, the prospective teacher said:

I CAN'T PRAY?'

Teacher's  Problems Winfri10

5Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 1/29/2013, 11:15 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Margin Call wrote:

I CAN'T PRAY?'

Teacher's  Problems Winfri10

One of my favorite books..........does not apply here.

6Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 1/30/2013, 9:13 am

Margin Call wrote:

I CAN'T PRAY?'

You have been hired as a teacher about when? It makes plenty of sense.

7Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 1/30/2013, 9:54 am

cool1

cool1

If I were a teacher I would pray anyway---know one knows when you pray--bathroom--desk--bed--my case if I want to pray no one will stop me anywhere---I pray everyday --and no one knows about it .

8Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 1/30/2013, 10:12 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

cool1 wrote:If I were a teacher I would pray anyway---know one knows when you pray--bathroom--desk--bed--my case if I want to pray no one will stop me anywhere---I pray everyday --and no one knows about it .

You're a smart woman, Cool!

9Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 1/30/2013, 10:17 am

Sal

Sal

No one cares if you want to talk to your imaginary friend in the sky.

Just don't expect to make a school sanctioned event out of it.

Telstar likes this post

10Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 2/1/2013, 4:49 am

cool1 wrote:If I were a teacher I would pray anyway---know one knows when you pray--bathroom--desk--bed--my case if I want to pray no one will stop me anywhere---I pray everyday --and no one knows about it .
Its actually unconstitutional to prevent a teacher from praying or to give him/her disciplinary action for it, he/she is just not allowed to start class with it, involve her students in it while in the capacity of a state teacher, or advocate for prayer while she is to be teaching.

11Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 2/1/2013, 11:52 am

cool1

cool1

Ironsights wrote:
Its actually unconstitutional to prevent a teacher from praying or to give him/her disciplinary action for it, he/she is just not allowed to start class with it, involve her students in it while in the capacity of a state teacher, or advocate for prayer while she is to be teaching.

Amen if I want my daughter to learn about God---well we have a place for that-church and home-not school----But I tell her you can pray anywhere-good grief I could be in my car and pray driving down the road---I just tell him I cant text Laughing

12Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 2/1/2013, 11:57 am

Sal wrote:No one cares if you want to talk to your imaginary friend in the sky.

Unless you are Muslim, then they will build you nice little places to pray using taxpayer dollars. You just have to pick a religion that gets special treatment.

13Teacher's  Problems Empty Re: Teacher's Problems 2/1/2013, 2:49 pm

[quote="Sal"]No one cares if you want to talk to your imaginary friend in the sky.

[/quote

...and another irrelevant point placed in the thread...again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum