Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tennessee lawmaker wants to tie welfare benefits to good grades

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Great idea but will never happen.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/28/tennessee-wants-to-tie-welfare-benefits-to-good-grades/?test=latestnews

2seaoat

It is a bone chilling stupid idea as presented. If it was tweaked to include more money for those students who were performing at a higher level.....well it would take off like wildfire......but punitive reduction of benefits based on student performance is the dumbest idea I have heard in a very long time. After 35 years of listening to my teacher wife spill her guts how hopeless some kids environment was, and how wonderful it was to achieve success.....I could not think of anything dumber than heaping punishment rather than reward for success.....big difference at the poverty line.

Detroit tried paying students for grades. It didn't work.

Sal

Sal

Little Johnny has ten apples.

Jane has none.

How many apples would Little Johnny have if Jane asked for two, and he told her, "Go fuck yourself, parasite"?

2seaoat

Detroit tried paying students for grades. It didn't work.

Not surprising.

I want to see Rep. Marsha Blackburn (TN) and Obama have a skeet shoot off....

nochain wrote:I want to see Rep. Marsha Blackburn (TN) and Obama have a skeet shoot off....

Would have thought by now the message is clear about welfare....can't require anything...just sendem the check... voter registration applications and some food stamps...Suddenly he's an outdoorsman?....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum