Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Makers, Takers and Fakers

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/28/2013, 11:37 am

knothead

knothead

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/opinion/krugman-makers-takers-fakers-.html?ref=todayspaper

Interesting article critiquing the failed strategy of the GOP and their attempt to appear more reasonable to the populace. Short read. . . .

2Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/29/2013, 10:51 pm

Yes, the public has figured it out...at least the intelligent one's have.

3Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/29/2013, 11:27 pm

What makes you think krugman has any unique insight into a party he despises? It's just the same stuff that's all over the msm and leftist internet... I wouldn't trust him to split a lunch check. There are real probs on the right... but the answers won't come from what should be the diametrically opposed ideology. imo the biggest mistake of the right has already been adopting progressive govt solutions to every damn problem real or perceived... don't tread on me.

4Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/29/2013, 11:37 pm

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:What makes you think krugman has any unique insight into a party he despises? It's just the same stuff that's all over the msm and leftist internet... I wouldn't trust him to split a lunch check. There are real probs on the right... but the answers won't come from what should be the diametrically opposed ideology. imo the biggest mistake of the right has already been adopting progressive govt solutions to every damn problem real or perceived... don't tread on me.

Nonsense pkr . . . . . whatever you disagree with or whatever the source become the nasty ole MSM . . . . it has become a laughable punch line. Paul Krugman whether you agree or not is a respected economist but it is no surprise you are dismissive of his educated views because it is MSM. Funny!

5Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/29/2013, 11:44 pm

knothead wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What makes you think krugman has any unique insight into a party he despises? It's just the same stuff that's all over the msm and leftist internet... I wouldn't trust him to split a lunch check. There are real probs on the right... but the answers won't come from what should be the diametrically opposed ideology. imo the biggest mistake of the right has already been adopting progressive govt solutions to every damn problem real or perceived... don't tread on me.

Nonsense pkr . . . . . whatever you disagree with or whatever the source become the nasty ole MSM . . . . it has become a laughable punch line. Paul Krugman whether you agree or not is a respected economist but it is no surprise you are dismissive of his educated views because it is MSM. Funny!

My issues with krugman have nothing to do with the msm except that he is part of it and he parrots the message.

I've aired my grievances of his economic ideology many times... not that you would have read or absorbed that message.

6Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/30/2013, 12:05 am

knothead

knothead

PkrBum wrote:
knothead wrote:

My issues with krugman have nothing to do with the msm except that he is part of it and he parrots the message.

I've aired my grievances of his economic ideology many times... not that you would have read or absorbed that message.

I can't read everything obviously but I try to read all flavors and hope you do the same . . . .

7Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/30/2013, 12:58 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/19/paul-krugman-alien-invasion_n_1609805.html

Economist Paul Krugman has a simple solution to America's economic woes: Prepare for an alien invasion.

Arguing that the United States successfully ended the Great Depression with government spending, he provided an interesting idea about how to replicate that economic feat on Tuesday at the Take Back the American Dream conference in Washington, D.C.

8Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/30/2013, 12:00 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

Pet peeve of mine:

I really hope (R)s stop saying "we need to run government like a business".

9Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/30/2013, 12:43 pm

Makers, Takers and Fakers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2UqFFsqBye6y8aRiVHPSN8c7DiD9j1ZIYXbp1SF3yroTBA3XR

Actually we need to run it more like a household and get rid of the frakking credit cards so we can pay off the debt and lower taxes. Then maybe more people can afford...

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malnd19Ttyk

Rolling Eyes

10Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/30/2013, 2:49 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Even though Krugman wrote it, I still read it. The first thing that came to mind was, what a nut-job. Second was, what a liar. Must be why the liberal media loves this guy.

Just because he managed to get a diploma doesn't make him smart. Nor does it make his opinion worth 2 cents. But, he is sure enough a faker.

Now lean forward!

11Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/30/2013, 3:04 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

VectorMan wrote:Even though Krugman wrote it, I still read it. The first thing that came to mind was, what a nut-job. Second was, what a liar. Must be why the liberal media loves this guy.

Just because he managed to get a diploma doesn't make him smart. Nor does it make his opinion worth 2 cents. But, he is sure enough a faker.

Now lean forward!

What exactly was the lie? Wasn't it government spending in the form of building up for a war the thing that ended the depression? If not, what was it?

12Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/30/2013, 3:13 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/opinion/krugman-makers-takers-fakers-.html?ref=todayspaper

Interesting article critiquing the failed strategy of the GOP and their attempt to appear more reasonable to the populace. Short read. . . .

This position Jindal is taking, getting rid of state income tax and raising sales tax is exactly the kind of redistribution of wealth that's been going on for decades now. You can see the shift in wealth from the middle and working classes to the top 1-2% on all the graphs that track such things.

Yet when brainwashed people like "Joe the Plumber" hear the phrase redistribution of wealth they immediately move to protect their wallets thinking wrongly that the gov-ment is coming for their measly income in order to give it to someone less well off. In reality, yes, Joe's money has gone somewhere but it's gone to the already well off as Krugman points out.

And here Jindal goes again with another scheme to make matters even worse. Hey, I saw Boehner claiming that Obama is bent on destroying the Republican Party. Why bother when they are doing it to themselves. Are there enough conservative thinkers left in it to jump start a real change?

Like the new acknowledgment that the perception of being the party of the rich is a problem, this represents a departure for the G.O.P. — but in the opposite direction. In the past, Republicans would justify tax cuts for the rich either by claiming that they would pay for themselves or by claiming that they could make up for lost revenue by cutting wasteful spending. But what we’re seeing now is open, explicit reverse Robin Hoodism: taking from ordinary families and giving to the rich. That is, even as Republicans look for a way to sound more sympathetic and less extreme, their actual policies are taking another sharp right turn.

13Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/31/2013, 12:31 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/28/opinion/krugman-makers-takers-fakers-.html?ref=todayspaper

This position Jindal is taking, getting rid of state income tax and raising sales tax is exactly the kind of redistribution of wealth that's been going on for decades now. You can see the shift in wealth from the middle and working classes to the top 1-2% on all the graphs that track such things.

Yet when brainwashed people like "Joe the Plumber" hear the phrase redistribution of wealth they immediately move to protect their wallets thinking wrongly that the gov-ment is coming for their measly income in order to give it to someone less well off. In reality, yes, Joe's money has gone somewhere but it's gone to the already well off as Krugman points out.

And here Jindal goes again with another scheme to make matters even worse. Hey, I saw Boehner claiming that Obama is bent on destroying the Republican Party. Why bother when they are doing it to themselves. Are there enough conservative thinkers left in it to jump start a real change?

Like the new acknowledgment that the perception of being the party of the rich is a problem, this represents a departure for the G.O.P. — but in the opposite direction. In the past, Republicans would justify tax cuts for the rich either by claiming that they would pay for themselves or by claiming that they could make up for lost revenue by cutting wasteful spending. But what we’re seeing now is open, explicit reverse Robin Hoodism: taking from ordinary families and giving to the rich. That is, even as Republicans look for a way to sound more sympathetic and less extreme, their actual policies are taking another sharp right turn.

Makers, Takers and Fakers Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXX87WXG40h_uoTkD658GNVYquUKxEGFNqvTE0YoGwNKA1GukN

The only ones I hear calling the GOP the party of the rich are the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Rolling Eyes

14Makers, Takers and Fakers Empty Re: Makers, Takers and Fakers 1/31/2013, 12:47 am

I wonder why no one ever posts limbaugh's or hanity's opinion about and advice for the democratic party?

I'd put those on par with krugman's or soros's... any fair minded person would.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum