Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illinois man freed after 30 years in prison

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-06/man-released-jail-murder-30-years/56074418/1

Spent over 30 years in prison for the rape and murder of a 3 year old girl. DNA from the crime did not mach his.

catfriedlegs

johndough wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-06/man-released-jail-murder-30-years/56074418/1

Spent over 30 years in prison for the rape and murder of a 3 year old girl. DNA from the crime did not mach his.

What a sad and unfair thing to do. I'm sure it happens a lot more than we realize.
Glad he has been released. I can't imagine what it would be like to be locked up for 30 years and then have to contend with the lifestyle we have today (cell phones, computers and so forth).

DNA testing should be mandatory in every case possible.There are tons of wrongful convictions.

no stress

no stress

On the upside, in Florida if you are wrongly convicted the state will pay you fifty thousand dollars for every year of incarceration. With a cap of a million if I'm not mistaken.

The sad thing about our System is that some prosecutors will ignore evidence that might weaken their case or even clear a defendant. Their job security is enhanced by a high level of convictions.

And I keep reading where prosecutors fight against new bonafide evidence that clearly exonerates someone convicted of a crime.

Yomama wrote:The sad thing about our System is that some prosecutors will ignore evidence that might weaken their case or even clear a defendant. Their job security is enhanced by a high level of convictions.

And I keep reading where prosecutors fight against new bonafide evidence that clearly exonerates someone convicted of a crime.

This is the problem I have w/ prosecutors. They are supposed to be for the truth but they rarely are.I can think of no good reason not to allow everybody a DNA test.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum