Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alabama gives power to DHS by Governor's executive order... the dominoes fall...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.dhs.alabama.gov/news_detail.aspx?ID=7504

MONTGOMERY – Governor Robert Bentley on Tuesday announced comprehensive plans to further streamline and better coordinate state-level law enforcement services, a move that will lead to stronger public safety and greater government efficiency.

Currently, more than 20 state-level agencies and departments have various law enforcement functions. By improving coordination between those agencies, the Governor’s plans will help minimize redundancies in administrative functions and focus more resources on strengthening the law enforcement services delivered to the public.

“The end result will be improved public safety,” Governor Bentley said. “By reducing duplications in administrative functions, we can save taxpayer dollars while putting more law enforcement on the road. In outlining these plans, I have worked closely with law enforcement officials over a period of several months. It’s important that we continue to rely on the expertise of these law enforcement professionals who understand the needs of each agency.”

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

You lost me at "greater government efficiency". No such thing.
Like chupacabra or big foot, It's a mythical creature.

no stress

no stress

Ghandi wrote:You lost me at "greater government efficiency". No such thing.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Gunz wrote:
Ghandi wrote:You lost me at "greater government efficiency". No such thing.

Looks more like wtm illegaly parking in a handicapped spot than a chupacabra.

"We want to make law enforcement even more effective for the citizens. One directive I’m giving Spencer Collier is this: Every law enforcement officer, no matter what agency, when that officer encounters a problem, the officer will own that problem until the issue is resolved,” Governor Bentley said. “Even if it’s just to stay with someone on the side of the road until further help arrives, I want to make sure all officers from all agencies increase their coordination in serving the public together.”

Whoa Ho! I see many problems w/ that directive. Is he kidding me? An insurance investigator will handle a drug buy? An ABC agent will chase a carjacking? Bentley doesn't know what he's doing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum