Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I guess we're lucky that nobody had a gun.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130123/NEWS11/301230025/Pensacola-teen-severely-beaten-on-ventilator-after-fight?nclick_check=1

A teenage mother kicked in the head and beaten near her Morris Court home early Monday was hospitalized in critical condition and attached to a breathing machine, her family said Tuesday.

Ronkia Sconiers, 18, was in Baptist Hospital with severe injuries to her head, neck and ribs, said her stepfather, Cornelius Coram. He said doctors should have a better idea on her prognosis today.
The teen was injured after getting involved in a fight with several women in their late teens and early 20s, Pensacola police said.
Pensacola police Capt. David Alexander said he is hopeful someone will be charged today.
Coram, 59, said Sconiers is heavily sedated and has not responded to family members’ voices or touch. They don’t know if she has suffered brain damage.
“The same way they brought her in here is the same way she is now,” he said. “She’s not even breathing on her own. Her temperature keeps going up and down.”
Dollie Coram, the teen’s mother, said doctors will try to determine today if she can breathe on her own.
Alexander declined to give details about exactly what happened or why.
But Dollie Coram said her niece, 18-year-old Quiasjinee Miller, told her that an argument over a man started at an event at Pace Boulevard and Fairfield Drive.
Sconiers was not at the party. But afterward, Miller picked up Sconiers from her home and drove her to the 1200 block of North M Street in Morris Court, her mother said.
Miller then got into a fight with another woman. Sconiers jumped in and then fell to the ground after being punched in the nose. She was knocked unconscious and kicked in the back of her head multiple times, her stepfather said.
Dollie Coram said she knows her daughter was trying to do the right thing.
“She was trying to help her cousin out,” she said.
Nobody else was seriously injured.
Dollie Coram said when she got to the hospital, she was in disbelief over the brutality of her daughter’s injuries.
“Why did it happen to her? What happened?” she said. “I couldn’t believe it. I still don’t believe it.”
Sconiers and her family are from Niagara Falls, N.Y., and have moved to Pensacola and away again for the past 11 years.
The teen has plans to get her GED soon, though she was also busy taking care of her 9-month-old son, Jay’vyn.

Jake92

I hope she recovers and they catch and prosecute the ones that attacked her for attempted manslaughter or murder if it was planned, and if she dies, I hope they are locked up for life.... WHERE was the babies daddy abd what is an 18 yr old with a baby doing out at a party instead of being at home with her baby.. Great family values!!!

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Jake92 wrote:I hope she recovers and they catch and prosecute the ones that attacked her for attempted manslaughter or murder if it was planned, and if she dies, I hope they are locked up for life.... WHERE was the babies daddy abd what is an 18 yr old with a baby doing out at a party instead of being at home with her baby.. Great family values!!!

Her and her cousin went there looking for a fight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum