Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bob's pics

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bob's pics Empty Bob's pics 1/23/2013, 10:32 am

He asked me to post one he took of the purple sand of Pfeiffer Beach at Big Sur.
Bob's pics 7eff2a191abc176ac8bf25a1993d7099_zpsa4463f28

2Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/23/2013, 10:41 am

Can you see the hidden message?

3Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/23/2013, 10:45 am

Lurch wrote:Can you see the hidden message?

Nope. It's HIDDEN! What does it say?

Another pic of his from Pfeiffer Beach.

Bob's pics 10cdcd12a1e02187d28288469f14236a_zps60447b4f

4Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/23/2013, 10:48 am

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Yomama wrote:He asked me to post one he took of the purple sand of Pfeiffer Beach at Big Sur.
Bob's pics 7eff2a191abc176ac8bf25a1993d7099_zpsa4463f28

Is that the mars rover, curiousity in the top right side of the pic?

5Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/23/2013, 6:31 pm

Neat shots! Is Bob home now, and are we gonna get to see more pictures??

bounce

6Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/23/2013, 11:18 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

riceme wrote:Neat shots! Is Bob home now, and are we gonna get to see more pictures??

bounce
I'm right now at sfo waiting to catch plane. With a $300 ticket I get to fly all night with a 3 hour layover in Charlotte. Such is the life of a cheapskate. Lol

7Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/23/2013, 11:38 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:I'm right now at sfo waiting to catch plane. With a $300 ticket I get to fly all night with a 3 hour layover in Charlotte. Such is the life of a cheapskate. Lol

Was the trip all you had hoped for, Bob?

8Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 1:22 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:I'm right now at sfo waiting to catch plane. With a $300 ticket I get to fly all night with a 3 hour layover in Charlotte. Such is the life of a cheapskate. Lol

Was the trip all you had hoped for, Bob?
yes. To finally get to eyeball some iconic places and landmarks that I've been hearing about and reading about and seeing in TV and movies all my life is a real experience

9Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 3:04 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

riceme wrote:more pictures??

rice,

Here's a photo someone else took. This must have been at a time when the purple sand was really evident and also the time of day and the photography really helped bring out the purple color...

Bob's pics Purplesandbeach_12

If you get up to Big Sur go to the 45.66 mile marker on Hgwy 1. There is no marker for Pfeiffer Beach and no marker for the turnoff road. But at exactly that spot you will see a turnoff going west toward the ocean. You will turn onto a very narrow paved road. Immediately after you're on the road you will see a sign (which cannot be seen from Hgwy 1) which tells you Pfeiffer Beach is 2 miles down that road.

10Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 5:36 pm

That's neat, Bob. Isn't it amazing how different the beaches are when you go from Central / Northern California to Pensacola? Did you go to Yosemite?

11Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 5:57 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

riceme wrote: Isn't it amazing how different the beaches are when you go from Central / Northern California to Pensacola? Did you go to Yosemite?
I wanted to visit the Santa Clara boardwalk (I'm a buff on amusement park history and that amusement park is one of the oldest existing parks still in operation). I walked out onto that beach and that was THE nastiest beach I have ever walked on. The sand was not pleasing AT ALL but what made it worse is how they've let so much construction sand mix with it. We've let that happen here but not nearly to extent it is in some spots in northern california. Same exactly for Ocean Beach in SF (the area where the Cliff House is except the terrain more than compensates for it there).

But I want to mention something else I learned because some may not know it. And it's called the other California. The one which starts about 50-75 miles inland from the coast. If you had blindfolded me and dropped me in the "central valley" as they call it and didn't tell me where I was and then took off my blindfold, I would have told you I was in rural Alabama or Mississipi or Georgia. Or the rural Florida panhandle. It looks the same, the people are the same, and the talk radio is EXACTLY the same (lol).
What I didn't know until now is that there are TWO californias.

Last edited by Bob on 1/24/2013, 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 6:01 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob wrote:
riceme wrote: Isn't it amazing how different the beaches are when you go from Central / Northern California to Pensacola? Did you go to Yosemite?
I wanted to visit the Santa Clara boardwalk (I'm a buff on amusement park history and that amusement park is one of the oldest existing parks still in operation). I walked out onto that beach and that was THE nastiest beach I have ever walked on. The sand was not pleasing AT ALL but what made it worse is how they've let so much construction sand mix with it. We've let that happen here but not nearly to extent it is in some spots in northern california. Same exactly for Ocean Beach in SF (the area where the Cliff House is except the terrain more than compensates for it there).

But I want to mention something else I learned because some may not know it. And it's called the other California. The one starts about 50-75 miles inland from the coast. If you had blindfolded me and dropped me in the "central valley" as they call it and didn't tell me where I was and then took off my blindfold, I would have told you I was in rural Alabama or Mississipi or Georgia. Or the rural Florida panhandle. It looks the same, the people are the same, and the talk radio is EXACTLY the same (lol).

Yes, there are 2 Californias. lol
One of my Japanese friends described the difference between west coast beaches (WA State, specifically) and the Florida Panhandle beaches----both types of beaches are beautiful, just in different ways. The west coast beaches are strong and masculine but the panhandle beaches are soft and beautiful like a woman.

13Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 6:07 pm

Bob wrote:

But I want to mention something else I learned because some may not know it. And it's called the other California. The one starts about 50-75 miles inland from the coast. If you had blindfolded me and dropped me in the "central valley" as they call it and didn't tell me where I was and then took off my blindfold, I would have told you I was in rural Alabama or Mississipi or Georgia. Or the rural Florida panhandle. It looks the same, the people are the same, and the talk radio is EXACTLY the same (lol).

Eww, I would not have gone to Santa Clara Boardwalk, but being an amusement park buff, I guess you kind of had to.

I'm glad you brought up the Central Valley, Bob. I have tried explaining that to people everywhere I've lived, but people just don't get it. At all. If you go up into the mountains and to Northern California, it's the same way. People have this absurd idea that all of California is one big Hollywood, but it's not.

14Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 6:08 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

It's kind of like Florida. Pensacola and Miami are like being in two different countries.

15Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 6:11 pm

Nekochan wrote:It's kind of like Florida. Pensacola and Miami are like being in two different countries.

I have only ever flown through Miami, but I would imagine that you're right, yes. Smile

16Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 6:24 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sorry, rice, I forgot to answer about Yosemite. I stayed in Mariposa (as you know the closest little motel town to the park) and took YARTS into the park.
Because it was MLK day, the YARTS schedule was limited. My only option was to either drive into the park in my car or take YARTS. I didn't drive in because I figured the scenery doesn't start at the park entrance gate. When I'm driving on those mountain roads I can't see shit because if I do I aint lookin at the road (lol). So I opted for YARTS. Now YARTS is one helluva deal because it actually cost less than the park entrance fee for a car and it includes the fricking entrance fee. Plus you're riding in something like Willie Nelson's tour bus and can look out the windows without worrying about the driving.

Anyways, because of the holiday I had to board the YARTS at 6:20 AM and then exit the park on YARTS at 9:45 AM. But hey it was in the low 30'S in Yosemite Valley and this ole boy can only stand so many hours of that. The 3 hours I had in Yosemite Valley gave me the feel for it that I wanted. It's a valley about 10 miles across surrounded by sheer horizontal rock formations that rise from 1000' to 4000' from the valley floor. With the bonus of waterfalls coming off the rock.

But it does not compare to the Pacific Coast below Carmel. That is THE most beautiful scene I have ever seen. It's very similiar to the coast of Hawaii but is even prettier to me.

17Bob's pics Empty Re: Bob's pics 1/24/2013, 6:55 pm

I didn't know they had a bus that would drive you through the park. That's pretty cool. I'm glad you took that trip, Bob. Very cool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum