Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Computer Virus Could Leave Thousands Unable to Use Internet

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

catfriedlegs

Hundreds of thousands of people around the world could be in for an unwelcome surprise Monday, unless they check their computers now for malware that infected their machines a year ago.

The virus caused by Eastern European computer hackers will make it impossible to access the Internet.
[i]

Computer Virus Could Leave Thousands Unable to Use Internet

Better check your pc.

I wrote about this on the PNJ a few months ago. The malware forces infected computers to route their Internet traffic to a computer IP address that the bad guys controlled.

Since there were many thousands of computers were infected, the FBI took over that IP address and kept things running while trying to get people to check and fix their computers.

Many people did not, or would not trust the FBI and their computers will be inoperable on the internet when the FBI finally shuts down the computer that hosts the IP address.

Yomama wrote:I wrote about this on the PNJ a few months ago. The malware forces infected computers to route their Internet traffic to a computer IP address that the bad guys controlled.

Since there were many thousands of computers were infected, the FBI took over that IP address and kept things running while trying to get people to check and fix their computers.

Many people did not, or would not trust the FBI and their computers will be inoperable on the internet when the FBI finally shuts down the computer that hosts the IP address.

Well I finally checked all my computers last night, they seemed to pass.

Yomama wrote:I wrote about this on the PNJ a few months ago. The malware forces infected computers to route their Internet traffic to a computer IP address that the bad guys controlled.

sounds fishy to me.

since when is the government so concerned that 67000 americans will have gotten a virus on their computer? thats the number they suspect as having her in this ocuntry.

people get viruses on their comuters everyday and computers die everyday due to viruses.

but with this warning, not just the 67000 possible people who might have some malware, millions of people instead will go to a GOV website and officially get tagged and bagged by the Gov.

Yes, this makes perfect sense..... Evil or Very Mad

I personally think the Gov is going to shut down people who dont register their computer with the Gov... we are going to find out Monday.

although i probaly already have some gov spy watching my comp lol

Chrissy8 wrote:I personally think the Gov is going to shut down people who dont register their computer with the Gov... we are going to find out Monday.

As far as I could tell the website that ran the check is not the government.

catfriedlegs

reaper1948 wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:I personally think the Gov is going to shut down people who dont register their computer with the Gov... we are going to find out Monday.

You're right. I think that the FBI only offers info on the DNS malware scheme.

Here's more info: http://www.dcwg.org/fix/

I'm not sure why the government would require us to register our computers with them. They can already scan our emails and text messages with certain computer programs.

Azadeh wrote:
reaper1948 wrote:

You're right. I think that the FBI only offers info on the DNS malware scheme.

Here's more info: http://www.dcwg.org/fix/

I'm not sure why the government would require us to register our computers with them. They can already scan our emails and text messages with certain computer programs.

its a brilliant scheme actually. It saves them a lot of time to tag you and check out your stuff and future stuff.

the site doing the fixing is run by the Gov.

till no one has answered me as to why the government would be so concerned with so few computers, when more than that die all the time. I mean seriously. 67000 computers that could POSSIBLY be effected and they want all this?

come on

see this for what it really is. They are tracking people. its just one more Big Brother takeover.

Ill probaly have to sucumb at some point because I want to be online. But isnt that what big brother does, they force you into doing what they want taking away your liberties.

catfriedlegs

Chrissy8 wrote:

its a brilliant scheme actually. It saves them a lot of time to tag you and check out your stuff and future stuff.

till no one has answered me as to why the government would be so concerned with so few computers, when more than that die all the time. I mean seriously. 67000 computers that could POSSIBLY be effected and they want all this?

come on

see this for what it really is. They are tracking people. its just one more Big Brother takeover.

Ill probaly have to sucumb at some point because I want to be online. But isnt that what big brother does, they force you into doing what they want taking away your liberties.

But Chrissy, the DCWG isn't a government run site. It says, "The DCWG is an ad hoc group of subject matter experts, and includes members from organizations such as Georgia Tech, Internet Systems Consortium, Mandiant, National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance, Neustar, Spamhaus, Team Cymru, Trend Micro, and the University of Alabama at Birmingham."
http://www.dcwg.org/aboutcontact/

The site offers tools from many legitimate anti-virus companies like Kaspersky, Norton, Microsoft and McAfee.

Do you see government involvement somewhere else? If so, please point it out because I cannot find anything other than the FBI link explaining the DNS changer malware which is located here: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911

I do think 67,000 computers is a lot because those computers could be bank computers or military or government computers that have become infected. I just hope that the people who haven't checked their computers will do so before Monday.
I'm curious to see what the outcome may be come Monday.

Azadeh wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

come on

But Chrissy, the DCWG isn't a government run site. It says, "The DCWG is an ad hoc group of subject matter experts, and includes members from organizations such as Georgia Tech, Internet Systems Consortium, Mandiant, National Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance, Neustar, Spamhaus, Team Cymru, Trend Micro, and the University of Alabama at Birmingham."
http://www.dcwg.org/aboutcontact/

The site offers tools from many legitimate anti-virus companies like Kaspersky, Norton, Microsoft and McAfee.

Do you see government involvement somewhere else? If so, please point it out because I cannot find anything other than the FBI link explaining the DNS changer malware which is located here: http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911

I do think 67,000 computers is a lot because those computers could be bank computers or military or government computers that have become infected. I just hope that the people who haven't checked their computers will do so before Monday.
I'm curious to see what the outcome may be come Monday.

sorry. it is run by the Gov;

Long before it was acknowledged to be a significant criminal and national security threat, the FBI established a forward-looking organization to proactively address the issue of cyber crime.

Since its creation in 1997, the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA), based in Pittsburgh, has become an international mode to share information to stop emerging cyber threats and mitigate existing ones.

“The exchange of strategic and threat intelligence is really the bread and butter of the NCFTA,” said Special Agent Eric Strom, who heads the FBI unit

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/september/cyber_091611/

read more for yourself

catfriedlegs

Chrissy, I'm confused. Are you saying that the DCWG website, where you get info on how to check your pc, is run by the government?

What a weird malware. What the hell will they think of next?

Azadeh wrote:Chrissy, I'm confused. Are you saying that the DCWG website, where you get info on how to check your pc, is run by the government?

yes, the head it. I showed you right from your paste from that site the Gov agency from the FBI that heads it.

the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA<<<<<<<<<<< is the FBI, the FBI created this company for cyber security.

I know I was clear on that, now I think you must work for the Gov because you are trying to muddy the waters with what is so obviously clear. Evil or Very Mad

catfriedlegs

Chrissy8 wrote:
Azadeh wrote:Chrissy, I'm confused. Are you saying that the DCWG website, where you get info on how to check your pc, is run by the government?

yes, the head it. I showed you right from your paste from that site the Gov agency from the FBI that heads it.

the National Cyber-Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA<<<<<<<<<<< is the FBI, the FBI created this company for cyber security.

I know I was clear on that, now I think you must work for the Gov because you are trying to muddy the waters with what is so obviously clear. Evil or Very Mad

You're right. I'm a shill for the FBI and CIA. Also I work part time for Mossad when I'm not shilling for the FBI and CIA.

A few months back, I posted a way to check out your own computer without having to connect to any web site. It is not easy to do, but it can be done if you don't trust the FBI or McAfee.

The odds are that your computer is not infected. For those that are infected, you have had plenty of time to take care of it.

If you want to find out about this malware, do a Google search for "DNSChanger Trojan" or use one of these sites for an easy check.

McAfee http://www.siteadvisor.com/dns_checker.html?cid=109273

FBI http://www.dns-ok.us/

Azadeh wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

You're right. I'm a shill for the FBI and CIA. Also I work part time for Mossad when I'm not shilling for the FBI and CIA.

I knew it, you dirty scoundrel Twisted Evil

catfriedlegs

Chrissy8 wrote:
Azadeh wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

I knew it, you dirty scoundrel Twisted Evil

LOL Oops!

Chrissy8 wrote:

sounds fishy to me.

since when is the government so concerned that 67000 americans will have gotten a virus on their computer? thats the number they suspect as having her in this ocuntry.

people get viruses on their comuters everyday and computers die everyday due to viruses.

but with this warning, not just the 67000 possible people who might have some malware, millions of people instead will go to a GOV website and officially get tagged and bagged by the Gov.

Why does it sound fishy Chrissy? The FBI has already arrested those responsible for this malware and set up a temporary fix with clean servers, but this servers and now scheduled to go offline on Monday and if your computer is infected you will be in some deep kimchi. Better safe than sorry.

As for getting bagged and tagged, you can bet your bottom dollar that has already happened. You are very naive if you think that Homeland Security is not already monitoring you, me and millions of others. Don't be so damn paranoid.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

sounds fishy to me.

Why does it sound fishy Chrissy? The FBI has already arrested those responsible for this malware and set up a temporary fix with clean servers, but this servers and now scheduled to go offline on Monday and if your computer is infected you will be in some deep kimchi. Better safe than sorry.

As for getting bagged and tagged, you can bet your bottom dollar that has already happened. You are very naive if you think that Homeland Security is not already monitoring you, me and millions of others. Don't be so damn paranoid.

GR, its not called paranoia when people really are out to get you Shocked

Chrissy8 wrote:
GR, its not called paranoia when people really are out to get you Shocked

But it certainly is when people have conceived within their own mind that others are out to get them.

Okay, everybody with broken computers... raise your hands cheers

catfriedlegs

Yomama wrote:Okay, everybody with broken computers... raise your hands cheers

Suspect cyclops

Azadeh wrote:
Yomama wrote:Okay, everybody with broken computers... raise your hands cheers

Suspect cyclops

can we say "SUCKERS!" Razz

I luv ya baby Razz

catfriedlegs

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Embarassed

Sponsored content