Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

YMCA at the CMP?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1YMCA at the CMP? Empty YMCA at the CMP? 1/14/2013, 9:49 pm

http://ricksblog.biz/buzz-ymca-may-replace-maritime-museum/

From Ricks Blog.

I’m hearing that there is a possibly that that downtown YMCA may be relocated to the Maritime Park.

2YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/15/2013, 12:56 am

2seaoat

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130114/NEWS01/130114015/Studers-pledge-5-million-new-downtown-YMCA-Maritime-Park

Yep......the man who has done so much, and been abused by so many.......there really will be no peace for those who tormented this man for four years out of mean spirited personal attacks where logic and understanding of economics escaped so many.....but I am sure the fire of hell will lap up against some who made their mean spirited attacks of this man. I do not even know why he bothers......I am sure this will be attacked.

3YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/15/2013, 9:16 am

2seaoat

“We told them (the YMCA board) if they are serious, this has to move quickly,” Studer said Monday. “Emotionally, Rishy and I can’t take another long, drawn-out thing like with the stadium. We can’t take getting beat up again.”

Good people doing good things for the community only to be targets by hidden destructive individuals who do not want to debate real issues, rather they want to attack these people as evil and self serving. I have never seen such sick F's in my life. Why would anybody do what was done to these people over the last four years with the personal attacks.

Again, there is a special place in hell for cowards who attack people personally on internet blogs........but somehow good shall prevail.

The YMCA is a non-profit organization and, as a result, would not pay property taxes on the site. It would pay — through a 55-year lease — market price for the land.

This wonderful park is evolving, and I for one do not want to see private investors filling this park up and excluding the public from the beauty of the bayfront. This is a home run for the community and potentially a revenue generator for the Y as they could operate boats, kayaks, and canoes and open up the bay to average citizens.

4YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/15/2013, 3:40 pm

.but I am sure the fire of hell will lap up against some who made their mean spirited attacks of this man. I do not even know why he bothers......I am sure this will be attacked.

LOL Fuck me!!!!! Now I am going to hell for my stand on the park. Holy Shit!!! Who knew. LOL

5YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/15/2013, 3:56 pm

I like this building (YMCA) better than an office building or Condo... where it has the appearance of being public.

I still prefer the property be used for festival grounds. Mr. Studer calls it vacant land. I prefer to call it a public park.

6YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/15/2013, 4:01 pm

I am afraid to comment.............
YMCA at the CMP? Hell_forever_and_ever

But it does sound like a real real good idea. Thanks Mr Studer for all you do. I really really mean it ok?

7YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/15/2013, 4:26 pm

2seaoat

Let he who has not sinned throw the first stone......Mr. Studer is a human being. He took incredible financial and personal risks to improve the community.....and yes make a buck, but the venom of the personal attacks were inexcusable. This man was hurt. Did he pick up his marbles and run away. No he showed courage and commitment to the Pensacola community.

I read the comments on the PNJ even today, and it is the same people attacking this man personally........good always prevails over evil, and each of us have in our heart the ability to choose. I never felt so good the day I was sneaking around the then unfinished building of the stadium, and I just kind of entered it without permission. It was a joyous occasion for the park was simply beautiful. However, a gentleman came up to me and very politely asked if he could help me.....I explained that I was Seaoat on the PNJ, and I simply was sick, and would not be able to attend games this year because I was relocating to be near the hospital so I wanted to see this beautiful park. He simply said I know who you are sir, and I would like to thank you for sticking up for this park when so many others attacked it.....I replied.....it was easy.....I saw this from the beginning, and eventually all will see what I have seen. I told my wife that the sincerity of that thank you meant a great deal because I had never seen so much intentional pain inflicted on people trying to do something positive. I continue to see this beautiful bayfront park as something special, and hope this summer to get control long enough to watch a ballgame.

8YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/15/2013, 4:53 pm

For me, you have stepped over the line of civil discourse. .

"I have never seen such sick F's in my life" "Again, there is a special place in hell for cowards who attack people personally on internet blogs

I am neither a sick "F' Nor am I a " coward." Speaking of those who attack others on internet post.

9YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/15/2013, 4:58 pm

2seaoat

I am neither a sick "F' Nor am I a " coward." Speaking of those who attack others on internet post.

Certainly, if you believe that you never made personal attacks against Mr. Studer or his wife the shoe does not fit, and those words would not apply to you...but if you made continued comments about his disease, or the innuendo that the man was dishonest......then certainly a person might want to try that shoe on again.

10YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/15/2013, 5:13 pm

If I am going to hell then I need to give it a good shot. I have the same"disease' as Mr Studer. We have the same length of time in the remission of our "disease"(if you can call it that). I find it un ethical and hypocritical that he uses his "disease" to garner public support for his business ventures.

Not having the "Disease" you would have a hard time understanding why this is so.

Even as he pledged the new money he whined " Please do not say anything bad, I have already suffered enough" LOL Kiss my ass. Life is a rough game and when you tell someone you are a alky you can rest assured they will kick you in the nuts.

He is playing Pensacola like a drum.

11YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/18/2013, 2:41 am

2seaoat

He is playing Pensacola like a drum.

I do not think so. If the Y board likes the location, they build the building and take the 5 million dollar gift. If they think they can do better in another location, they refuse the gift and build the Y without his contribution.

Either way Pensacola has not been played......rather it has given the Y board some wonderful alternatives.

12YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/18/2013, 10:19 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:He is playing Pensacola like a drum.

I do not think so. If the Y board likes the location, they build the building and take the 5 million dollar gift. If they think they can do better in another location, they refuse the gift and build the Y without his contribution.

Either way Pensacola has not been played......rather it has given the Y board some wonderful alternatives.

The 5 million dollar gift is a bribe to build the Y where Studer wants it...if they build there it then becomes a charitable donation.

13YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/18/2013, 10:46 am

2seaoat

The 5 million dollar gift is a bribe to build the Y where Studer wants it...if they build there it then becomes a charitable donation.

Hmmmmm.......and exactly what is wrong with wanting to enhance Maritime Park? I know a great many charitable organizations who get a 100k donation and will jump cartwheels for the donor, yet when we talk about 5 million....it becomes a bribe. I think people fail to realize that Mr. Studer makes his millions by approaching problems with system wide solutions. The YMCA presents a wonderful opportunity to enhance Maritime Park, while allowing the YMCA to have a much improved membership base. The use of the word bribe has the connotation of an illegal act or improper act......if I was giving 5 million with conditions on it to the YMCA, I would be a hero.....Mr. Studer has folks implying that he is a crook......somebody is wrong....and it is not Mr. Studer.

14YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/18/2013, 12:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The 5 million dollar gift is a bribe to build the Y where Studer wants it...if they build there it then becomes a charitable donation.

Hmmmmm.......and exactly what is wrong with wanting to enhance Maritime Park? I know a great many charitable organizations who get a 100k donation and will jump cartwheels for the donor, yet when we talk about 5 million....it becomes a bribe. I think people fail to realize that Mr. Studer makes his millions by approaching problems with system wide solutions. The YMCA presents a wonderful opportunity to enhance Maritime Park, while allowing the YMCA to have a much improved membership base. The use of the word bribe has the connotation of an illegal act or improper act......if I was giving 5 million with conditions on it to the YMCA, I would be a hero.....Mr. Studer has folks implying that he is a crook......somebody is wrong....and it is not Mr. Studer.

Will they (occasionally) bus in children to enjoy the facilities? Perhaps have an after school day care/rec facility for the lower income schools?

15YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/18/2013, 3:54 pm

Heres a good idea if you want to help everyone. Build a YMCA in Montclair.

16YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/18/2013, 4:14 pm

2seaoat

Will they (occasionally) bus in children to enjoy the facilities? Perhaps have an after school day care/rec facility for the lower income schools?

My experiences with the Y was the central building was not where most of the youth soccer, basketball, and football programs happened. They organized those programs throughout the community. In the 1950s park districts began offering similar programs, and independent leagues like AYSO began offering competitive programs. After my father died, my mother put me in a Y day camp program which was 10 miles from the central Y. The Y did use buses to take kids places and bring them to the facility, but when I was a kid I walked a couple miles to go to a program and we never thought a thing about it.

Absent Studer being involved in a new Y.....all these questions will be discussed at the board level. Even if he was not involved, siting becomes a heated debate on most boards. With his involvement and the 5 million dollar donation.....well this whole process just a got a lot easier.

17YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 1/18/2013, 4:57 pm

A large portion of the Pensacola/Escambia co is not served by the YMCA, For many of us it would not make any sense to join a Gym/Health club that is 10 to 20 miles away. My Gym(Planet fitness 10 dollars a month) is 4 miles away. I understand that we are not needed or wanted at the YMCA but rest assured many of us are aware of that fact.

We have been promised a YMCA in the South West sector of the county for over 7 years. For some reason they choose not to. No big deal. Their lack presence is filled by private entrepreneurs. The YMCA is a shell of what it was in the 60s.

The building will be a "Y" in name only. Watch....

18YMCA at the CMP? Empty Build they will come 1/21/2013, 9:59 am

surfnrg

surfnrg

When it was built we knew there would be periods of inactivity. We were led to believe there would be many other events there, movies, outdoor concerts, festivals etc. who is promoting these other events?

We also lost a tremendous amount of public amenities we were led to believe would be there,

But most of all the idea os offering money cloaked with threats is totally unacceptable, IMHO. What is there is better than nothing but in retrospect we could have done better by insisting mr. Studer do better and live up to his "campaign" policies....

19YMCA at the CMP? Empty Re: YMCA at the CMP? 2/13/2013, 10:46 pm

Grand Oat Master saith:

"Let he who has not sinned throw the first stone......Mr. Studer is a human being. He took incredible financial and personal risks to improve the community.....and yes make a buck, but the venom of the personal attacks were inexcusable. This man was hurt. Did he pick up his marbles and run away. No he showed courage and commitment to the Pensacola community."

How easily you forget that the public was sold on a far different park idea than what it turned out to be. The citizens voted for one thing and ended up with something totally different.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum