Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite!

+2
knothead
stormwatch89
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/11/2013, 10:04 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

As we popular women of the night do: I was sitting here listening to O'Reilly tonight (caught me!).

The topic was legalization of pot.

It was like listening to Reefer Madness and I was ashamed for the guy.

In 1969----------Yes! That long ago. I had a prof who taught Eng. 101 while his Dad headed the Law Dept of Penn State. We all thought it beyond ironic when his son wrote a Penn State Newspaper article with all the stats comparing smoking vs. drinking............apparently the Admin did not.

As it happened, I was in both their classes which only simmered the "pot"...sorry.

Anyway, as I remember it, pot smoking had an entirely different stat than drinking and their ROI was significant.

Whatever, O'Reilly sounded like an ardvark (no, I love, ardvarks) but he was not with it and totally out of sync.

Then again: like Chrissy pointed out in another thread, it can be easily be what the media "encourages" us to believe.

Perhaps my younger Daughter is correct in labeling herself as a social liberal, but fiscal conservative?

Or.........Libertarian

2Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/11/2013, 10:22 pm

knothead

knothead

O'Reilly can bite my *&%$## . . . . . arrogant and small minded.

3Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/11/2013, 10:26 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

knothead wrote:O'Reilly can bite my *&%$## . . . . . arrogant and small minded.

While he has points, I would agree. KH

4Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/11/2013, 10:50 pm

knothead

knothead

stormwatch89 wrote:

stormy, while I am no fan I do recognize he is filthy rich from having a wide appeal . . . . . (i am not one however) Very Happy God Bless America

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

knothead wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

stormy, while I am no fan I do recognize he is filthy rich from having a wide appeal . . . . . (i am not one however) Very Happy God Bless America

KH, I think it all boils down to us all keeping open minds and speaking out when we know we've goofed.

I lost a tremendous amount of respect for O'Reilly tonight. Not that it really matters, but thought, I'd fess up. Embarassed

You know someone told me the other day that he was loosing his followers. I had no reply to it, because im not one of them.

The thing about him is occassionally i find him snobbish and what a lot of people here may not believe is that he does not pander to the right as much as some would have you believe. He has pissed me off more than once, specially last few months.

But like you Stormy, I do find my self plopped on the couch or where ever and catch him every now and then.

at the very least, he beats chris matthews, and that aint saying much lol

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Chrissy wrote:You know someone told me the other day that he was loosing his followers. I had no reply to it, because im not one of them.

The thing about him is occassionally i find him snobbish and what a lot of people here may not believe is that he does not pander to the right as much as some would have you believe. He has pissed me off more than once, specially last few months.

But like you Stormy, I do find my self plopped on the couch or where ever and catch him every now and then.

I guess that is what can make him both interesting while annoying. He's pi--zed me off more than once, as well.

Rather have my teeth cleaned than watch ole CM!

Gotta improve our social life, girl! Very Happy

stormwatch89 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:You know someone told me the other day that he was loosing his followers. I had no reply to it, because im not one of them.

I guess that is what can make him both interesting while annoying. He's pi--zed me off more than once, as well.

uuhhggg Stormy, to be honest I really dont like many people. Perhaps there is something wrong with me but knowing my own mind and self, i typically find most people to be shallow, selfish and crooked.

I have to get up everyday and put on dress cloths and a painted on smile because I must cmpete in this world if I want any kind of decent life for my family. If i had my way Id live up in the hills, wearing holy jeans and letting my toenails grow out. Embarassed

sometimes I get stuck in front of the tv with stuff like this on when no one is watching it anyway. Its usually because I am too tired to move, and in reality, i see it, but Im not really paying attention to it anyway.

I usually read and search for my own news anyway, one that fits my way of how I see it. Or at least shapes it.

I doubt i will ever be more social than I am. Ive seen too many evil sides of people and at this point in my life just getting the job done, coming home to deal with the reality of my crazy family is about all I can handle. I will make the occasional outting out with other people just for lifes sake, but really all of it is overrated to me as I see life as a perception of what i want it to be.

Sometimes I imagine Im a guru of spiritial being, and that feels nice for a bit, then sometimes i am a sexual goddess, and that feels nice for a bit. Then sometimes Im just a granny and momma or a scientist theorizing facts and data of what can be or ould have been etc.

at the end of the day though, I am always me. Just a little girl in a big world seeking love and smiles while beating back the wolves.

Huggles.......

2seaoat

I like Bill. I understand he has an act to run on his show. However, if you watch him and Stewart debate in real time.....it is no accident that these two men have popular shows. I find him patronizing and small at times, but I understand he is in show biz......I do like it when he has courage.....but that is rare. His intelligence however cannot be masked by the act.....and that intelligence is worthy of viewing when he is debating someone......even if I disagree with his position, and even when I know it is an act.

10Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/12/2013, 6:21 pm

2seaoat wrote:I like Bill. I understand he has an act to run on his show. However, if you watch him and Stewart debate in real time.....it is no accident that these two men have popular shows. I find him patronizing and small at times, but I understand he is in show biz......I do like it when he has courage.....but that is rare. His intelligence however cannot be masked by the act.....and that intelligence is worthy of viewing when he is debating someone......even if I disagree with his position, and even when I know it is an act.

He's no match for Stewart. Stewart makes him look like a fool.

11Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/12/2013, 8:30 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

[/quote]

at the end of the day though, I am always me. Just a little girl in a big world seeking love and smiles while beating back the wolves.

Huggles.......[/quote]

IMHO, many, if not most of us feel like that, Chrissie.

Go back to your happy thread!!!

12Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/13/2013, 1:30 am

Chrissy wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

uuhhggg Stormy, to be honest I really dont like many people. Perhaps there is something wrong with me but knowing my own mind and self, i typically find most people to be shallow, selfish and crooked.

I have to get up everyday and put on dress cloths and a painted on smile because I must cmpete in this world if I want any kind of decent life for my family. If i had my way Id live up in the hills, wearing holy jeans and letting my toenails grow out. Embarassed

sometimes I get stuck in front of the tv with stuff like this on when no one is watching it anyway. Its usually because I am too tired to move, and in reality, i see it, but Im not really paying attention to it anyway.

I usually read and search for my own news anyway, one that fits my way of how I see it. Or at least shapes it.

I doubt i will ever be more social than I am. Ive seen too many evil sides of people and at this point in my life just getting the job done, coming home to deal with the reality of my crazy family is about all I can handle. I will make the occasional outting out with other people just for lifes sake, but really all of it is overrated to me as I see life as a perception of what i want it to be.

Sometimes I imagine Im a guru of spiritial being, and that feels nice for a bit, then sometimes i am a sexual goddess, and that feels nice for a bit. Then sometimes Im just a granny and momma or a scientist theorizing facts and data of what can be or ould have been etc.

Huggles.......

Give me a break! What bullshit!

13Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/14/2013, 3:13 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've been listen to Riley's reefer madness talk for years. He is by far the most ignorant person on the topic of marijuana of any individual I've ever seen on television.
I find myself listening to him with embarrasment for him.
But of course his "folks" are hanging on every word because they're just as ignorant about marijuana as he is.

14Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/14/2013, 3:58 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:I've been listen to Riley's reefer madness talk for years. He is by far the most ignorant person on the topic of marijuana of any individual I've ever seen on television.
But of course his "folks" are hanging on every word because they're just as ignorant about marijuana as he is.

I don't watch his show, but whenever I have, I see that he literally reads to the audience what is posted on the adjacent screen. I guess he has many deaf viewers...or something. Rolling Eyes He may be very intelligent, but it's more like crafty and sneaky. Twisted Evil

15Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/14/2013, 4:00 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

Huggles.......

Give me a break! What bullshit!

Just a babe in the woods...with a mouth like a drunken sailor.

16Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/14/2013, 5:48 pm

polecat

polecat

Bill O'Reilly appears to be banking on the saying about how if you repeat a lie often enough, it will be believed. Last week, in his second attempt, via his hired stalker Jesse Watters, O'Reilly tried to paint Hawaii, the home state of President Obama, as a "libertine" state full of mixed race people getting free stuff. In his video tutorial, Watters claimed that Hawaii has the highest rate of food stamp usage. That was wrong. Friday night, Bill O'Reilly began his segment, "exposing Hawaii's liberalism," with the same allegation about how Hawaii ranks "number one in food stamps." Once again, that's incorrect - at least according to the Murdoch owned Wall Street Journal. Is O'Reilly merely misinformed or is he lying to push his twisted agenda? Is he, as Senator Al Franken used to say, pulling facts out of his ass?

The information regarding food stamps usage is readily available and if O'Reilly availed himself to it, he would find out that Hawaii ranks 35th from the bottom while a bunch of conservative states are in the top 10 - something never brought up by O'Reilly as that might cut the buzz of his message that liberals are the only ones who want free stuff. So we don't know if he's deliberately lying or just misinformed - which seems odd for somebody who presents as somebody in control of the facts. One thing's for certain, as Jon Stewart says of O'Reilly - he's full of shit!

17Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/14/2013, 6:24 pm

Food stamp benefit per person by state:

http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/18SNAPavg$PP.htm

18Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/14/2013, 7:00 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Bob wrote:I've been listen to Riley's reefer madness talk for years. He is by far the most ignorant person on the topic of marijuana of any individual I've ever seen on television.

Thanks. That is all I was trying to say.

19Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/15/2013, 4:03 pm

polecat

polecat

Food Stamp Participation by State

See the number of people who receive food stamps in each state, the percent of the population receiving food stamps, and the change from April 2011 to April 2012. Click on column headers to sort.

State

Population

Number of people receiving food stamps, April 2012

Percent of population receiving food stamps

Change since April 2011

Alabama

18.79%

3.90%

Alaska

13.20%

5.40%

Arizona

17.15%

6.20%

Arkansas

16.90%

3.10%

California

10.50%

7.50%

Colorado

9.60%

8.00%

Connecticut

11.19%

5.50%

Delaware

16.12%

9.70%

District of Columbia

22.59%

4.30%

Florida

17.55%

9.10%

Georgia

19.41%

7.60%

Hawaii

12.81%

10.30%

Idaho

14.81%

1.00%

Illinois

14.14%

0.80%

Indiana

13.83%

2.90%

Iowa

13.36%

7.90%

Kansas

10.56%

0.90%

Kentucky

19.33%

3.20%

Louisiana

19.24%

0.20%

Maine

19.09%

2.10%

Maryland

12.21%

5.20%

Massachusetts

13.10%

6.40%

Michigan

18.43%

-5.20%

Minnesota

10.09%

4.60%

Mississippi

21.88%

5.20%

Missouri

15.73%

-0.40%

Montana

12.68%

0.50%

Nebraska

9.53%

-0.40%

Nevada

13.00%

6.70%

New Hampshire

8.91%

2.60%

New Jersey

9.21%

7.40%

New Mexico

21.00%

2.00%

New York

15.74%

1.50%

North Carolina

17.09%

5.10%

North Dakota

8.56%

-3.70%

Ohio

15.80%

1.30%

Oklahoma

15.96%

-0.90%

Oregon

21.11%

4.90%

Pennsylvania

14.20%

4.70%

Rhode Island

16.43%

7.10%

South Carolina

18.55%

3.50%

South Dakota

12.58%

1.70%

Tennessee

20.62%

3.90%

Texas

15.33%

0.20%

Utah

9.97%

-1.00%

Vermont

15.40%

3.50%

Virginia

11.28%

6.60%

Washington

15.00%

-3.80%

West Virginia

18.34%

-1.20%

Wisconsin

14.59%

3.10%

Wyoming

6.01%

-8.20%

20Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/15/2013, 10:50 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I was only trying to apologize for being wrong.....something we could all be better for.

21Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Empty Re: Ya got me! O'Reilly can bite! 1/16/2013, 3:24 am

Ya got  me!  O'Reilly can bite! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwG3kGbMswvXwzNtOJuLROp1egQ1neQlMKpzw3Sio_Wx7B9m-NoA

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtUfqFxMhiM

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum