Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"The Big Fail"

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"The Big Fail" Empty "The Big Fail" 1/9/2013, 2:27 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/opinion/krugman-the-big-fail.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_ee_20130107&_r=1&

"...It’s tempting to argue that the economic failures of recent years prove that economists don’t have the answers. But the truth is actually worse: in reality, standard economics offered good answers, but political leaders — and all too many economists — chose to forget or ignore what they should have known.

The story, at this point, is fairly straightforward. The financial crisis led, through several channels, to a sharp fall in private spending: residential investment plunged as the housing bubble burst; consumers began saving more as the illusory wealth created by the bubble vanished, while the mortgage debt remained. And this fall in private spending led, inevitably, to a global recession.

For an economy is not like a household. A family can decide to spend less and try to earn more. But in the economy as a whole, spending and earning go together: my spending is your income; your spending is my income. If everyone tries to slash spending at the same time, incomes will fall — and unemployment will soar..."

2"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/9/2013, 2:36 pm

Who's BIG FAIL is it?

Lots of talk about EUROPE in that OP ED.

and then a nice little ending with a whine about those damn republicans talking about not raising the debt ceiling. Sad Dont worry they will raise it. They are all one large group. The only people devided are you and me out here. Just the way they like it.

3"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/9/2013, 2:47 pm

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:Who's BIG FAIL is it?

and then a nice little ending with a whine about those damn republicans talking about not raising the debt ceiling. Sad Dont worry they will raise it. They are all one large group. The only people devided are you and me out here. Just the way they like it.

Spoken like a true 99%er.

Welcome aboard.

4"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/9/2013, 2:48 pm

Krugman has predicted eleven of the last two recessions... and thinks govt spending twice what it takes in is sop.

The only thing worse than his ideas and prognostications... are his opinions.

5"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/9/2013, 2:56 pm

PkrBum wrote:Krugman has predicted eleven of the last two recessions... and thinks govt spending twice what it takes in is sop.

The only thing worse than his ideas and prognostications... are his opinions.

lol!

6"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/9/2013, 7:34 pm

Sal wrote:

Welcome aboard.

You obviously dont know what a 99%'er is. Its not someone who complains about the gov, it someone who complains about rich people. I have no problem with rich people, they are always my employers.

7"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 12:33 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:

Welcome aboard.

You obviously dont know what a 99%'er is. Its not someone who complains about the gov, it someone who complains about rich people. I have no problem with rich people, they are always my employers.

This graph shows the 99%, few of us who post here are anywhere but in the 99% I think.
"The Big Fail" Econom12

8"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 1:27 am

Sal wrote:

Welcome aboard.

"The Big Fail" Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTldGjFl1v_LIGVx3FuJGprQA8CajSJ-csukSPcVoIp9NgpJ3v3

I thought they were only the 98%er's nowadays...

Are you now claiming that the anarchists are part of the movement again?

Are they going to be out collecting merchandise their usual way so they can sell it to raise funds for a good cause also?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrkwgTBrW78

Smile

9"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 8:20 am

Sal

Sal

Chrissy wrote:

You obviously dont know what a 99%'er is. Its not someone who complains about the gov, it someone who complains about rich people.

It's kinda cute that you think there's a difference.

10"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 8:51 am

othershoe1030 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:

Welcome aboard.

This graph shows the 99%, few of us who post here are anywhere but in the 99% I think.
"The Big Fail" Econom12

shoe. I just said that. I know what a damn 99%'er is. I didnt need a graph to show it to me either. sal called me a 99% because of my comment about gov. Not anything to do with income. Im not a wealth envy person. which is what the group of 99% are. statist wise yes I am in that group, but not as member of the so called 99%'er political movment, which his comment implied. Which also had absolutly nothing to do with my comment or this thread. it was just stupid really. Plus, I consider myself one of the 100%, aka real Americans who care about the country as a WHOLE, not devided.

11"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 10:53 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Chrissy wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:

Welcome aboard.

"The Big Fail" Econom12

shoe. I just said that. I know what a damn 99%'er is. I didnt need a graph to show it to me either. sal called me a 99% because of my comment about gov. Not anything to do with income. Im not a wealth envy person. which is what the group of 99% are. statist wise yes I am in that group, but not as member of the so called 99%'er political movment, which his comment implied. Which also had absolutly nothing to do with my comment or this thread. it was just stupid really. Plus, I consider myself one of the 100%, aka real Americans who care about the country as a WHOLE, not devided.

Thanks for clearing this up for us.

12"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 2:40 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Chrissy wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Sal wrote:

Welcome aboard.

"The Big Fail" Econom12

Are you saying there's something wrong with 99% of the population? And that that something is WEALTH ENVY? Really?

13"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 6:17 pm

NaNook

NaNook

People were warned 3000+ years ago about envy. Ask Moses, a full circle, go figure.

14"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 7:02 pm

2seaoat

It has nothing to do with envy. If you were a mechanic and you were trying to make the engine run efficiently....you would not make the mixture of fuel to rich.....your engine would not perform as well. When we do not moderate the disparity of wealth in this country and properly regulate the same with a fair tax system.....our economic engine sputters and all suffer....rich and poor.

To suggest return to prior years tax rates has nothing to do with envy....it has everything to do with running an efficient economic engine which is driven by demand.

15"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 8:15 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

"The Big Fail" Wealth10

16"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 8:32 pm

Sal wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

You obviously dont know what a 99%'er is. Its not someone who complains about the gov, it someone who complains about rich people.

It's kinda cute that you think there's a difference.

oh so when I complain about Gov, that means I am also complaining about rich people. I get it. Rolling Eyes Would that be only apliable when complaining about republican people who are in the gov or just to democrats who are in the gov? or is it both for you, all gov repub and lib alike are also the 1%?

17"The Big Fail" Empty Re: "The Big Fail" 1/10/2013, 8:32 pm

Wealth is not necessarily the same thing as income... if you really want access to wealth the elderly are the best target.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum